List of important Stargate episodes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of important Stargate episodes ?

I have always been a fan of Stargate, and with over 200 episodes and the movies it can take a while to watch them all. As with most television shows of this length, there are single shot episode that tell a story but do not add to the main storyline. I was hoping to obtain or create a list of episodes that stick to or contribute growth to the main story line of Stargate. I haven't seen a list of this type, but if someone has, please fill me in. Otherwise I'm off the watch the whole series and taking notes.
    P.S. I don't think those single shot episodes are not worth watching, just that sometimes I wouldn't mind watching the express version of Stargate.

All of the apply to the main story line.

Comment

Watch everything. It's not about the destination, it's the journey itself.

Comment

Agreed. They all carry bits and pieces of the storyline.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Fifth race
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Okay, you want a list, I'll give you the episodes that apply to the storyline. Most episodes in Season 1 do.

Season 1
            Stargate the Movie
            Children of the Gods
            Emancipation
            The Broca Divide
            The First Commandment
            Cold Lazarus
            The Nox
            Brief Candle
            Thor's Hammer
            The Torment of Tantalus
            Bloodlines
            Hathor
            Singularity
            Cor-ai
            Enigma
            Solitudes
            Tin Man
            There but for the Grace of God
            Within the Serpent's Grasp
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Season 2
              The Serpet's Lair
              In the Line of Duty
              Need
              Thor's Chariot
              Family
              Secrets
              The Tok'ra Parts 1 and 2
              Touchstone
              A Matter of Time
              The Fifth Race
              Serpent's Song
              Holiday
              Show and Tell
              Out of Mind
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

all episodes are important well not all but 90% of the episodes are in some way mentioned or continuations of other episodes or have something to do with other episodes

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                  all episodes are important well not all but 90% of the episodes are in some way mentioned or continuations of other episodes or have something to do with other episodes
                  Yeah, well. Most episodes have a connection to future ones. Some are simply exploration(that's what SG-1 is about, at least in Season 1), some are fighting Goa'uld, recurring or episodic villains and some are humor.

Comment

Well if you compare Stargate to Star Trek, the episodes are interconnected a lot closer to the main story than just exploration. I think watching the series once with just the critical storyline episodes would help me understand the story better. After all, it most likely takes 6 months plus for most people to watch the Stargate saga counting the movies and Stargate Atlantis. I wasn't too impressed with Stargate Universe as an addition to the saga, but that is a topic for another forum.

Comment

Of "Rushy's" list, the only ones i don't consider to be linked to the greater storyline are
                      S1. Emancipation.
                      S2. Message in a bottle, Bane, 1 false step

And for mine..
                      S3. Dead man's switch, urgo (though fun to watch anyway), crystal skull
                      S4. The other side, Benieth the surface,

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        The Broca Divide
                        The First Commandment
                        i'm sorry but... i do have to ask what these two add to the main storyline?

broca divide - light and dark sides of a planet, with a virus that causes aggression. doesn't seem to be goa'uld related (other than the people were transplanted here by them a long time ago.) unless the carter/oneill shipping is a major plot point, i don't remember much else of vital import.

first commandment... again, aside from the planting of people by the goa'uld, i'm not sure of it's contribution to the main plot. earth guy goes nuts with the sun or something, and prattles on about being a god to some uneducated villagers, and sg1 sorts things out.

don't get me wrong, both are good episodes... but i just don't get their importance, if going by the main story of the season, which is ultimately fighting the goa'uld.

edit - oh yeah, and as garhkal says, emancipation isn't really a major one either. it's not an episode i actually like for some reason, which is why i forgot it - thought it was freeing the noobs from chulak
                        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

The Broca Divide was referenced a few times, and I think with the Tollan we offered that world as a new home.

Apart from that, not much.

Comment

Vanek is right on the referencing of "The Broca Divide". The alliance that Earth, via the SGC, made with the Land of Light from that episode is important in that it does show the Tau'ri actually making true alliances with some of the peoples and cultures they meet on other worlds. And yes, the Land of Light did offer to let the Tollan come and live with them.

The main thing from "One False Step" that applies beyond that episode is the explanation/theory given by Dr. Fraiser for why the SG teams haven't infected the humans (the people in this episode were aliens rather than humans) they meet on other worlds with illnesses. She theorizes that since those humans were originally transported from Earth, most Earth pathogens are already out there among them. (Which makes some sense, but doesn't entirely cover things, since even right here on Earth, bacteria and viruses mutate all the time into new and deadly strains. But hey, at least it shows that the writers were at least trying to give a nod to plausibility in all of this. I can live with that.)
                            Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 07 May 2011, 11:33 PM.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Of "Rushy's" list, the only ones i don't consider to be linked to the greater storyline are
                              S1. Emancipation.
                              S2. Message in a bottle, Bane, 1 false step

And for mine..
                              S3. Dead man's switch, urgo (though fun to watch anyway), crystal skull
                              S4. The other side, Benieth the surface,
                              Emancipation doesn't add, yes. I removed that but Message in a Bottle is important cos we have to show there is other technology besides the Goa'uld ones, Bane is important to introduce the threat of the NID and Maybourne. 1 false step, the black hole is used as a major factor in Exodus.

Comment

Working...
                              X