Disappointed in Farscape so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    Claudia Black and Ben Browder are amazing actors. Check Ms. Black's performance in Stargate Continuum.

As to where the Sebaceans are from -- you have to watch 'The Peacekeeper Wars - far be it fom me to spoil it for you.

I am too skeeved out over Chiana doing both the dad and son to agree with you about her and Jothee, but i did feel like Dargo was too old and too good for Chiana. That doesn't mean I don't love Chiana but she needs a like-minded "swinging" partner. Dargo was destined for either heartache or a return to prison for killing someody over Chi.
    I did watch TPKW this week and I remember this lady telling Aeryn that Peacekeepers were picked up from some "primitive" planet, but I don't recall hearing her say EARTH! If she did, let me know, and I'll go back and replay that scene.
    - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
      Thanks, I thought so. What episode was that quoted from? I don't recall hearing Earth being mentioned in the PKW. If not there, where or what episode was that said? Thanks.
      Its not directly quoted. Numerous episodes have mistaken Cricheton as Sebeccean suggesting a common ancestor. Eldeons saying that they took Sebeceans from a primitive planet it seems highly unlikely that it was not Earth
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Not to mention that I think they said a primitive planet far far away.
        So the point is that the Sebaceans are genetically engineered Humans. Must be a shocker for them. And what is Grayza? A Nebari/Sebacean/Human?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Its not directly quoted. Numerous episodes have mistaken Cricheton as Sebeccean suggesting a common ancestor. Eldeons saying that they took Sebeceans from a primitive planet it seems highly unlikely that it was not Earth
          I agree-earth. Many episodes hinted at it, including the one where. Grandma sent Critchton on a weird trip and he saw the past and found the Egyptian symbol block. Also, it makes sense the Eidelons would not call earth "earth". And had the script given the name of the planet, that would make us question whether they actually were trying to get us to come to the conclusion that it was earth.
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            thanks. Okay, it is INFERRED, not explicitly stated. I feel better. I thought I missed something, which is not to unusual for me.
            - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
              I have a feeling the 2nd time I watch this show I will appreciate it even more.
              This is exactly what happened to me. And it's even better the third time
              Then you might want to read the comics
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geryalex View Post
                This is exactly what happened to me. And it's even better the third time
                Then you might want to read the comics
                Amen, the series gets better the more you watch it, some things that you miss the first or second time watching, jump out at you the third time round. Does anybody know why we haven't seen Ben and Claudia in anything substantial since SG-1? They are such good actors, I can't believe their talent is being wasted.....

Comment

Well don't know if you heard , Ben's appearing in an episode of Dr.Who. So that's something.

Yes both talented actors, indeed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I saw that Ben was doing Dr. Who as well as working on the Nick Naught series to be released at some time in the near future. But Claudia seems to be doing strictly voice work, is that her decision? I just for the life of me, cant understand why they are not being offered more opportunities, such good actors.

Comment

It probably has to do with age and the lack of good paying roles for actors over 40 (especially women). I am sure Claudia makes decent money doing voice over work for video games plus has time to be at home with her kids.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        You want to find out whether Farscape is for you?
                        Simple test: watch Crackers Don't Matter. If you hate it, Farscape isn't for you.
                        I disagree. That's one of my lesser eps and I LOVE the show. (I don't hate it, but not an ep I have a any desire to watch again either).

But now I'm trying to think of any ep I would recommend as a test and I can't think of any one, but more of a series. I think you really have to watch the storyline and let it build and grow on you.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          I disagree. That's one of my lesser eps and I LOVE the show. (I don't hate it, but not an ep I have a any desire to watch again either).

But now I'm trying to think of any ep I would recommend as a test and I can't think of any one, but more of a series. I think you really have to watch the storyline and let it build and grow on you.
                          I do agree with you on that. IMO, if someone can make it through Season 1, they should have a pretty good idea whether or not they should keep watching.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I do agree with you on that. IMO, if someone can make it through Season 1, they should have a pretty good idea whether or not they should keep watching.

Two words: Wayne Pygrim. (Hope I spelled that somewhere near close)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                              Two words: Wayne Pygrim. (Hope I spelled that somewhere near close)
                              Wayne Pygram.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Thanks, Rushy. Now tell everybody how awesome he is!

Comment

Working...
                                X