Since we're making things non-cannonical, do you guys want stuff like TJ not having ALS or Volkner not die from kindey failure, etc?
that sounds like it might be a good idea.
Fine. So, Rok, pick your characters and let's start.
Before I pick my characters and before we officially start, I want to put up some rules I have typed out for this RPG. If they're alright with you guys, then I'll pick my characters and we can get started.
1. There shall be no arguing going on in this RPG. If you have a disagreement take it to either visitor messages or PMs. If a argument/disagreement canâ€™t be settled by the parties involved, then the owner of the RPG is to be contacted. If the owner canâ€™t find a solution, then the respected arguing parties will be asked to leave. If not, then the forum mod will be contacted and they will deal with the situation. Of course, follow all of the forum rules on this website (Gateworld). Also, respect your fellow players and respect others.
2. No God-Modding. This means people canâ€™t control characters that they arenâ€™t RPing. However, if it has been discussed by the RPers and has been cleared by the owner (RoK) and all parties involved, then it is perfectly acceptable. However, all parties involved must contact the owner (either by PM or visitor message) and inform them of what is going on. There is also NO killing of characters controlled by someone else.
3. There will be a time-limit of one week for posting. If youâ€™re able to get on everyday, then you should be able to post. If something in real life has come up, please post out of character saying what has happened. Afterwards, contact the owner of the RPG so something can be worked out. Real life comes first.
4. If you decide to leave the RPG, then thatâ€™s fine. If youâ€™re playing a cannon character (like Brody or James, for example), then try to arrange to find replacement RPers. If not, then those characters will become NPCs (non-playable characters), until we can find someone to play them. If youâ€™re playing an original character, then you may have the choice of having the character leave or die in character. If you choose for that character to die, then you will not be able to come back and play that character again (to avoid confusion in character). If you choose to have that character leave (either go somewhere else on Novus or go through the gate), then you may play them if you decide to come back.
5. Until we get more people, then a lot of the characters will be NPCs (non-playable characters). In which anyone can use in a post if need be. However, when someone decides to fully play the character, then they will play that character however they want (like if TJ wanted to be with Varro or Chloe wanted to be with Eli). As for original characters, please try to post some background information on them so the other players have something to work on.
6. At least one paragraph (5-8 sentences) post per character. Donâ€™t want to have a bunch short posts and make the thread extremely long. If youâ€™re playing multiple characters, you can combine your replies into one post. Just make some sort of separation for each character that youâ€™re doing so there isnâ€™t any confusion.
Background info on Captain Edric Ischan(non-canon):A soldier who follows orders unless the leader is mentally unstable or sth. and does his best for the Destiny Crew. Accepts dangerous missions and is pretty good at fighting. He is vulnerable to anger sometimes and can get into a fight(he has a reputation for arguing). He most despises idioticism that usually manifests in his arch-nemesis, Captain "Ginger". His other flaw is a great ego and arrogance. Still, he is capable of controlling himself. Still, he is a trusted and trained warrior who doesn't drink coffee or smoke. For an unknown reason, he quite admires Colonel Young, Colonel Telford and Dr. Rush.
Favorite drink:Tea or water.
all my characters are canon.
Never seen any David Walters on SGU...
look for him in the omnipedia.
I looked him up, he's cannon. I also can't believe I missed him when I watched "Light" last night. Anyway, I'll be playing Young, Volker, and Chris Steele (non-cannon). I'll put up some info on Chris here pretty soon.
Last edited by RoK; May 21st, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
Blah, I'm being lazy when it comes to posting info on my non-cannon character, Chris. I'll type something up and post it by the end of Wednesday, I promise. For now though, I have a summary of the RPG. Let me know what you guys think and tell me if it works for you.
Set a few years (no more than 5) after the Destiny crew (minus Rush and Telford) was sent back in time via stargate, they are settling into their new world, Novus, and their lives on this new world. Children are being born and families are being raised. However, things arenâ€™t all what they appear. People are still keeping secrets and are still fighting with each other. Adam Brody and others still believe that Rush will still come with the Destiny and save them, while Colonel Everett Young and others are looking towards the future. This and other things will eventually split the crew apart and their problems will be passed down the generations. Things wonâ€™t be the same again.
The idea is awesome(especially since I get to play Brody)! What are we waiting for besides your Chris character?
Basic info on Chris Steele (non-canon): Chris is 25 years old and has brown hair and brown eyes. Born in Mesa, Arizona, his parents died shortly after he was born and he was raised by Dr. David Steele, a geneticist who manipulated Chrisâ€™ genes, making him a genius and â€œthe perfect humanâ€. After dropping out of college, Chris became a nurse at a nursing home before he was taken to Icarus Base. On his way there aboard the George Hammond, Chris met and became friends with Eli Wallace and Chloe Armstrong. After being stranded on Destiny, he started to develop symptoms (severe headaches, vomiting, coughing, etc). While on Destiny, Chris had become close friends with Eli, Chloe, and Lt. Matthew Scott. He calls the people on Destiny his family (even Rush), and thinks of Matt and Eli as brothers. While stranded on Novus, Chrisâ€™ symptoms have gotten more severe. Aside from Young and TJ, nobody else knows about his condition.
Favorite weapon: His sword (which he brought with him and eventually broke most of it up for other tools) and his powers.
Powers: Other than his top physical form and genius level intellect, Chris posses the power of Elemental Transmutation, more commonly known as Alchemy. He has the power to change or alter the chemical compounds of a substance or object by mentally rearranging its atomic structure. Because of this power and his understanding of human anatomy, Chris can essentially heal people of varies wounds and diseases, as long as he knows the cause of them. He refers to this part of his power as â€œpatch workâ€, and leaves the real healing to doctors (or in his case, TJ, the shipâ€™s â€œdoctorâ€). However, there are some limits to his power. Chris canâ€™t create something out of nothing, as something must always be there to be taken away and then reformed. He canâ€™t bring back the dead. He also canâ€™t turn an organic material into an inorganic material and vise versa. It also appears that using his power is accelerating whatever his condition is.
Family: Chris believes that all the Destiny crew on Novus are his family. However, he views Young as a father figure and Wray as somewhat as a mother figure. He also thinks that Eli and Matt are his brothers and TJ as his sister. Chris does have romantic feelings for Chloe, but has put them aside so she can be happy.
interesting idea, i've never did a rpg before.
Blueray, Join us and we shall rule the galaxy as... sorry, I have a tendency for quotes. So, Rok how about we just start playing finally.
Soon rushy, soon. Blueray, which characters would you like to be? All of our female characters are open and you can make up your own character if you want as well.
Hello! I have also never done a RPG and will need some time to do some research....sounds like fun though! I will refresh on the female characters of SGU and depending on who Bluray picks, I will go from there. Thanks for having me!
"Live Long and Prosper.....wheeezz snorkle."
I would like to take over Camille, TJ, and I have a canon-character that I developed which the synapse is below. I think it was decided that TJ would still have ALS.
Aurora has a mildly dark complexion, almost olive. She inherited her long dark black hair and her strong facial features from her mother Aiyana, a Native American women from the Navajo Nation deep into her roots, originating from New Mexico. While her timid personality mimics her fathers: Dr. Manfred Jones. She has worked within the Air Force for 10 years, in fact she joined right after she obtained her undergraduate, and then while in the Air Force was able to finish her MD. She deviated from her plan to enter into practice almost immediately and was excepted into a graduate program for genetic studies. Later she brought onto the Stargate program to research genetic technologies acquired from all previous mission. Aurora was told to join her colleagues at the Icarus base to set up a partial biomedical research lab to solidify biological research on the base, defining hazards while implementing strict protocol in regards to the native landscape. When everyone was evacuated onto the destiny, she managed to stay under the radar while politics took over. Although Johansen took the brunt of the medical procedures, Aurora could never stomach any medical procedures leaving her ill almost immediately; she blatantly refused to administer her professional abilities due to personal conflict. Deeming her a weak link after lack of motivation through this tremulous time, Comeal disregarded her professional mistake and Aurora became a wall flower. But when the team of the Destiny came to the planet as desolate explorers, Aurora became aware of the severity of the situation and became able to draw from her Native American heritage to provide basic knowledge of tribal living as she grew up on a Navajo reservation in New Mexico, and also overcome her conflicts with the medical field and provide assistance and work alongside TJ.
Rushy, was hoping for this character to develop some kind of relationship with Varro due to her scientific background and him being basically an alien to her. What do you think? Perhaps later on though?
I have never done this, so bare with me....
"Live Long and Prosper.....wheeezz snorkle."
Sorry, not interested. I'm too busy writing fan fiction. Thanks for the offer though.