No announcement yet.

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is good to see you all arriving in dribs and drabs, getting there safely, all-be-it with a little drama here and there. Have a great time and don't forget to stop for just one moment and say "WOW! I am really here!"

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    Had a great day yesterday. Wonderful to meet up with old friends and new!

Really enjoyed the location tour, I finally got to see Bordertown (A Hundred Days/Beast of Burden), that was a nice unexpected surprise. Lynn Smith tried to choose locations that you can't get into without prior arrangement so got to see some places you wouldn't see otherwise!! It was just a little weird going back to the area of Vancouver I live in, only to go back to the Hilton afterwards, have a great time at the get together dinner and going back to Maple Ridge again, lol!

Well, back into the car now and off to Burnaby for more Stargate fun!!! I'm going to try and take notes and do the panel reports for this last Stargate con.
    Glad to hear that you are going to write the reports once again. You do a really great job with that. But make sure you are enjoying yourself as well. You are there to have fun so don't feel it will be expected. I will soak up the con feel from anything that is posted.
    Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
    sigpic
    Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
    HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
    Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
    Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
    Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman10 View Post
      Is it too late to join you all at Earls?
      Unfortunately, it is too late. The restaraunt capped our reservation size days ago. It's a smaller place than what we have used in past years, and the area we have set aside for the dinner won't allow for anymore. We are already at the limit, and that's without the special guests that are coming. I'm so sorry!
      Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
      Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
      Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
      Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
      Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
      Con-Version Calgary 2010
      C2E2 2013-2015
      TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
      Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
      Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
      FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

This has been quite the convention so far. Stephanie, of Creation, and Gary Berman's nephew Matt, are running things. They are doing a great job.
        Frank Cassini (Col. Grieves - The Sentinel) dropped into the pre-con party at Red Robbin and visited with everyone. Joe Mallozzi had to send his apologies as something came up that was impossible to get out of. He was quite disappointed that he couldn't visit. I received a very nice email from him today apologizing yet again for not being able to attend.

I have photos to post as soon as I can. Seems like time here is flying by and the con will be over before we know it, so savour the moment if you can. Time to hit the sack since it is now 2:30 AM Pacific time and everyone in my room is asleep but me.
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          This has been quite the convention so far. Stephanie, of Creation, and Gary Berman's nephew Matt, are running things. They are doing a great job.
          Frank Cassini (Col. Grieves - The Sentinel) dropped into the pre-con party at Red Robbin and visited with everyone. Joe Mallozzi had to send his apologies as something came up that was impossible to get out of. He was quite disappointed that he couldn't visit. I received a very nice email from him today apologizing yet again for not being able to attend.

I have photos to post as soon as I can. Seems like time here is flying by and the con will be over before we know it, so savour the moment if you can. Time to hit the sack since it is now 2:30 AM Pacific time and everyone in my room is asleep but me.
          Thanks AG. Hope you got some sleep.

sigpic
          Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
          Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Just quick: it was a great day yesterday filled with much fun. Did only one photo and auto, so it wasn't that stressful. The Cabaret was hilarious. Laughed myself to tears when Andee Frizzell and Chuck Campbell told their stories. Does funny stuff happen to them all the time or are they just good at storyteling?

Today will be the longest and busiest day for me.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
              Just quick: it was a great day yesterday filled with much fun. Did only one photo and auto, so it wasn't that stressful. The Cabaret was hilarious. Laughed myself to tears when Andee Frizzell and Chuck Campbell told their stories. Does funny stuff happen to them all the time or are they just good at storyteling?

Today will be the longest and busiest day for me.
              Yeah, I enjoyed the Cabaret a lot too. Robert Picardo was awesome. I had no idea he was so multi-talented, with the singing and the poetry and all the rest of it. Looking forward to the next two days (Unlike Russell Crowe who looks forward to the next three days).

Also, I know you're probably just joking but I think we all have funny moments like that - most of us are just not entertainers for a living so we brush them off instead of making a note of them to entertain others later. That, and they're probably more comfortable in front of 400 people than the average person. Anyway, Saturday is gonna be big for me as well. Gonna try and get Chris Judge's auto/photo, Picardo's auto/photo, and the David H, Joe F and Paul M single cast photo.

Comment

Like silvercomet. The first day of the con went good for me. I too only had the one photo op and auto yesterday (with Brent Stait).

Up today I have 4 of each (Mike Dupod, Steve Bacic, Jewel Staite and LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS). So busy day along with all the panels and such.

Tomorrow sees Joe Flanigan and Aleks Paunovic joining my HUNKY SEXY male cuddles.
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hi Folks,
                  Looks like you're all having a great time there at the Con. Wish I was with you...I'm with you in spirit anyways!
                  Sadly, can't take time off at the end of term. Trying not to give my students lousy marks just 'cos I'm in a pissy mood for being here and noT in Vangroovey!

Enjoy the rest of the con... Luv 'n' hugs to all my Gate buddies
                  Sech
                  sigpic

Comment

I've got TONS of cool photos from the con, including guests in funny moments, attendees, and the costume contest. Is there going to be a dedicated thread for all of that stuff, or is there some sort of online album that everyone is going to contribute to?

Comment

I've got TONS of cool photos from the con, including guests in funny moments, attendees, and the costume contest. Is there going to be a dedicated thread for all of that stuff, or is there some sort of online album that everyone is going to contribute to?
                      Usually people attending the con just post their photos and experiences in this thread, sometimes with a link to photobucket, image shack or another picture hosting site. People also use their Livejournal account and link to that if they don't want to keep it private or to friends only.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sechemech-Ib View Post
                        Hi Folks,
                        Looks like you're all having a great time there at the Con. Wish I was with you...I'm with you in spirit anyways!
                        Sadly, can't take time off at the end of term. Trying not to give my students lousy marks just 'cos I'm in a pissy mood for being here and noT in Vangroovey!

Enjoy the rest of the con... Luv 'n' hugs to all my Gate buddies
                        Sech
                        Hey Sech,
                        I am in the same boat as you, stuck here in Aus having to work. Maybe some of you will come to Perth next year and have dinner with Robin Dunne, Colin Ferguson or Teryl Rothery. Now that would be cool

sigpic
                        Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                        Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Also, I know you're probably just joking but I think we all have funny moments like that - most of us are just not entertainers for a living so we brush them off instead of making a note of them to entertain others later.
                          You're right. When I think of Chuck's story with the automatic self checkout (or whatever its called) - this might happen to all of us. I just don't have the skills to tell this in a funny way...

Really, you did? I have huge problems getting good pictures. I almost stopped trying. Getting one good picture out of 20 is frustrating.

So, yesterday: I was again in tears during some of the panels. They were hilarious. Just, especially the multi-panel was too limited in time. It was over way too fast.

Kate Hewlett is a real sweetheart. Looking forward to her panel. Was surprised how laid-back Lou Diamond Philipps was. It was so great meeting him.

Sadly, due to a scheduling conflict and because they weren't on time I missed Chuck's autograph. A friend got it for me, but it's just not the same. I wanted to talk with him. At least I got a nice hug during the photo op.

It was nice meeting some more people from here during the Dessert party. *waves*

The bad thing yesterday? It was really cold in the ballroom. When I got back to my hotel in the middle of the night I really felt like getting a cold. Luckily, right now I'm feeling better.

It seems that today is my photo op and autograph day. Too bad we won't get back some of the photo ops today...
                          sigpic

Comment

im so jealous i would love to see the photos.

Comment

I'll post em as soon as I can.

Comment

So....was everyone happy with the GateWorld dinner and who showed up? I'll take as much green as anyone wants to dish out!!
                                Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                                Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                                Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                                Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                                Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                                Con-Version Calgary 2010
                                C2E2 2013-2015
                                TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                                Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                                Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                                FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Working...
                                X