Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
    My journey to Vancouver started at 2am. I drove over three hours to the airport only to find out that I had been bumped and that my new flight leaves at 6pm. So instead of arriving at 1pm I will arrive at 11:30pm. I hope I can still get my rental car. So I will be missing exploring shooting locations this afternoon and the dinner tonight. I just hope the bar is open when I get there...

Slam

That sucks! Hang in there.

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
    I'll let you guys mull that over a bit. Sorry I can't be more open, but we're sworn to secrecy.
    Sounds exciting!

So it's my turn to be waiting at an airport. I'm so excited to be going to my first convention! Also really happy to not have anyone yelling "mom" every few minutes. Frankly right now I'm not sure which of those is making me happier.

Comment

Went exploring today and walked over half of Vancouver I think with Dimonah and Maidenhead Reds.

We were in Chinatown and ran into Nathan Fillion. No we didn't get to talk with him because he was in the middle of filming scenes for the next Percy Jackson movie, but we did stand there and stare for a while. Too bad we couldn't get him aside and invite him to dinner tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Axesort View Post
        I was wondering if anyone is going to the Canadian Con this month. It will be the last one there and they have been doing it for a very long time. It will be an amazing experience if you are going. I will not be going but i was wondering if anyone here was going and i would love to talk about pictures or videos you might take. All in all the stargate franchise is one of the best tv seres yet.
        Hi, and welcome to the thread. We will likely post photos on here during or after the con. Who, in particular, were you hoping to see pictures of?
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
          Setting off for Vancouver now Am I the only one driving there (who doesn't already live in the area)?
          Rinkrat and I drove in from Calgary. It took us 11 hours. Rinkrat was kind enough to chat at me for all that time to keep me alert and focused while driving. Thanks, RR.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Be warned, I think the Hilton elevators are haunted

Comment

Hey everyone, brand new forum member here with my first post (long time lurker).

Just wanted to say I live in Vancouver about 2 blocks from the convention and I'll be there all weekend (SG-1 is one of my favourite shows!). I'll be bringing my DSLR and I plan to take a lot of photos and post them here if possible.

Also, is there going to be any kind of pre-meetup tomorrow before entry at ~1pm or so?

Comment

Hello Spiderman!

As far as I know there isn't anything official but some folks might have mentioned something about breakfast.

I just wanted to pop in here and say a quick hello! It was nice to meet some of you tonight and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you tomorrow!

Comment

hey i can't believe you are going this year it's going to be great. i hope you can go for me to!!take pictures as well!

Comment

So excited for tomorrow! Most of my friends are leaving after the con finished (booo!) but we still have most of the weekend together

Can't wait to meet Robert Picardo!

BTW, find my PB bag and I'll give you some eclaires xx

Comment

Originally posted by SerenBunny View Post
                      Can't wait to meet Robert Picardo!
                      I know! I've been a fan of his ever since I saw him as Coach Cutlip on The Wonder Years.

Comment

It was great yesterday

- seeing all those familiar faces, the expected and the unexpected ones
                        - getting to know some new people (please be patient when I might not remember your (forum)name, I'm bad with names). Just hadn't the chance to talk to everybody.
                        - Frank Cassini sat at our table for a brief time - he is a nice guy.

The plan for today: breakfast, getting some fresh air and then starting the con fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Had a great day yesterday. Wonderful to meet up with old friends and new!

Really enjoyed the location tour, I finally got to see Bordertown (A Hundred Days/Beast of Burden), that was a nice unexpected surprise. Lynn Smith tried to choose locations that you can't get into without prior arrangement so got to see some places you wouldn't see otherwise!! It was just a little weird going back to the area of Vancouver I live in, only to go back to the Hilton afterwards, have a great time at the get together dinner and going back to Maple Ridge again, lol!

Well, back into the car now and off to Burnaby for more Stargate fun!!! I'm going to try and take notes and do the panel reports for this last Stargate con.

Comment

Hey there,
                            I was interested in photos with: chris judge,PETER FLEMMING, MIKE DOPUDJAY, KATE+david HEWLETT, JOE FLANIGAN PICARDO

Comment

Plans have changed so I have removed myself and guest from Thursday's dinner but added a second guest on Sunday. Can't wait to see you all! Freaking out with packing right now!!
                              lemonpiefirefly

GateWorld Meetup Dinner at Red Robin
                              4640 Kingsway(around the corner from the Hilton)
                              Thursday April 26, 2012
                              Time: 7:00pm
                              Attendees:
                              mamasue9
                              Camelot7414
                              Geoi McKay
                              MylittleEli
                              Doublecut
                              AnnieS
                              Nut_ty
                              hlndncr
                              Krisz
                              silvercomet (hope I'll arrive in time)
                              Scarym1
                              Starbird
                              Dimonah Tralon

Snowflake
                              SabrinaB - very excited
                              Nynaeve69+1
                              CareBear
                              Clairec007
                              Arctic Goddess +2
                              Rivers
                              Maidenhead Reds
                              Picardythirds
                              helen450
                              SeiyaTheLeaper
                              slamaina (aka Slam)

Jian
                              shipcat
                              syncline +2
                              Korean_Turtle87
                              Nirrti
                              iheartcam +1

Official Final GateWorld Dinner Sign-Up
                              Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 8pm
                              Earl's -- 4361 Kingsway (just around the block from the hotel)

It's officially time to start planning for what will (sadly) be the final official GateWorld dinner in Vancouver. Our home for the past several years (Sammy J Peppers) closed their doors, so I was tasked with finding a new and last home for us that was nearby and could accomodate all of us. It wasn't an easy job.

Prices for menu items are mostly comparable to previous years. Attending the dinner does not mean you HAVE to eat. The potential size of this year's group -- between forum members, special guests (some are con guests, some are NOT), and Stargate crew -- means that eating may need to be staggered no matter how we do it. Rest assured though, between the spacious lounge area we'll have, the cast and crew drop-ins I'm setting up, potential prize giveaways and the later closing time (11pm)...we're all going to make this final dinner one not to forget.

To sign up, simply reply to this post, add your forum name in the appropriate area, and remove the quote tags. It's as simple as that. Please also indicate if you plan on bringing guests (+1, +2, etc.). Extra guests are fine, but only forum members can win any potential prizes we giveaway.

Finally, Earl's has stated that giving them a menu list of our choices is unnecessary. However, as an aid to both them and us, we're doing it anyway. After reviewing the menu off their site, please PM mamasue9 with your items. She'll be keeping tabs over the next 10 weeks.

Can't wait to see all of you in Stargate's hometown one final time!

Earl's Official Website

GUEST LIST:
                              Doublecut
                              mamasue9
                              Dr. Carson Beckett
                              Camelot7414
                              Krisz
                              Geoi McKay
                              Snowflake + 1
                              silvercomet
                              Scarym1
                              AnnieS + 1 maybe
                              Nynaeve69 +1
                              MylittleEli
                              SabrinaB
                              Starbird
                              Clairec007 + 1
                              Jian
                              picardythirds
                              nakedwesley
                              knightie
                              Vecturist
                              SGAFan + 1
                              Hoschi
                              Lea
                              helen450
                              Nut_ty

hlndncr
                              Dimonah Tralon
                              CareBear
                              RinkRat
                              Arctic Goddess +2
                              taris-eirien
                              dakodia
                              SweetTart
                              Ovolactopesco
                              Rivers
                              Vala-Mal-Doran
                              Maidenhead Reds
                              SeiyaTheLeaper
                              slamaina (aka Slam) +1
                              lemonpiefirefly +2

shipcat

syncline +2
                              Korean_Turtle87
                              Nirrti
                              iheartcam +1
                              Triskele925 + Triskele's Mom

*Last day to submit menu orders is April 20*
                              GateWorld Forum ID: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ateSGUcopy.jpg
                              *extended menu submission date*
                              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Is it too late to join you all at Earls?

Comment

Working...
                                X