Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2345 6781555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1413

Thread: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

  1. #81
    First Lieutenant Starbird's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Hi all,

    This con reminds me of the 1st one I attended in Vancouver in April 2007.
    So in order to celebrate I am going to try and do the same things again - sadly not the set tour.
    I've booked the location tour and will happily attend any dinners, parties etc that are being organised.

    Looking forward to seeing you all again and wait with anticipation to see which guests come.

  2. #82
    First Lieutenant nakedwesley's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by silvercomet View Post
    You've become a second @nakedwesley for me. She is following me all the time as well.
    Hey now! I think it's you who have been following me.

    Wow, after 5 years, I have FINALLY reached 500 posts. Will I get a promotion now?? Tired of being a second lieutenant.

  3. #83
    Captain OregonJen's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Oh my. The last VanCon? Read that email to my hubby and he said, "Well, don't give up; sometimes miracles happen." Yes, they do, but I don't think I'll hold my breath for this one. It sure would be fun to be able to go to the last one though. When my sweet husband told me in 2005 for the first one, "You should go," I could hardly believe it but I had a blast, met great people and even returned several more times. Almost seems "wrong" not to come to the last one, but life has changed and I don't have the freedom to do these kinds of things like I did before. Oh well. It will be fun to read about it when you all go and then post your experiences here on the forum. Enjoy it for those of us who can't be there.


  4. #84
    Lieutenant Colonel Krisz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cloverdale,British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    4,505

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJen View Post
    Oh my. The last VanCon? Read that email to my hubby and he said, "Well, don't give up; sometimes miracles happen." Yes, they do, but I don't think I'll hold my breath for this one. It sure would be fun to be able to go to the last one though. When my sweet husband told me in 2005 for the first one, "You should go," I could hardly believe it but I had a blast, met great people and even returned several more times. Almost seems "wrong" not to come to the last one, but life has changed and I don't have the freedom to do these kinds of things like I did before. Oh well. It will be fun to read about it when you all go and then post your experiences here on the forum. Enjoy it for those of us who can't be there.

    Shame you can't make it. I was wondering how far we would get with getting the band back together with as many of those who came over the years as possible.

  5. #85
    Captain OregonJen's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Shame you can't make it. I was wondering how far we would get with getting the band back together with as many of those who came over the years as possible.
    Thanks, Krisz! Yes, I would love to be there again. I suppose there's a thin thread of possibility, but I don't hold out much hope that it could really happen. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad for those who will be able to go though.


  6. #86
    Colonel mamasue9's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    5,375

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJen View Post
    Oh my. The last VanCon? Read that email to my hubby and he said, "Well, don't give up; sometimes miracles happen." Yes, they do, but I don't think I'll hold my breath for this one. It sure would be fun to be able to go to the last one though. When my sweet husband told me in 2005 for the first one, "You should go," I could hardly believe it but I had a blast, met great people and even returned several more times. Almost seems "wrong" not to come to the last one, but life has changed and I don't have the freedom to do these kinds of things like I did before. Oh well. It will be fun to read about it when you all go and then post your experiences here on the forum. Enjoy it for those of us who can't be there.

    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJen View Post
    Thanks, Krisz! Yes, I would love to be there again. I suppose there's a thin thread of possibility, but I don't hold out much hope that it could really happen. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad for those who will be able to go though.

    never say never.....



  7. #87
    First Lieutenant Starbird's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    I've booked a double room for the con and hopefully on exec floor, need a roomie or two. Let me know!

  8. #88
    Second Lieutenant Dr. Carson Beckett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    The first two guests have been announced... thus far it's an Atlantis Spotlight as on Friday, Ryan Robbins will take the stage while; on Saturday, Kavan Smith takes the spotlight.

    Kavan was awesome this past April and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Ryan Robbins.

  9. #89
    Colonel mamasue9's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    5,375

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
    The first two guests have been announced... thus far it's an Atlantis Spotlight as on Friday, Ryan Robbins will take the stage while; on Saturday, Kavan Smith takes the spotlight.

    Kavan was awesome this past April and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Ryan Robbins.
    Are you sure? http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm



  10. #90
    Second Lieutenant Dr. Carson Beckett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Yeah, they show up in the guest list for me. Sometimes you might need to clear cookies to get the most recent update. But, this is what comes up for me:


    KAVAN SMITH
    Major Evan Lorne of Stargate: Atlantis, Deputy Andy of Eureka, Jed Garrity of The 4400, plus much more!
    Appearing Saturday


    RYAN ROBBINS
    Ladon Radim of Stargate: Atlantis, Henry Foss of Sanctuary, Diego of Caprica, Charlie Connor of Battlestar Galactica
    Appearing Friday

    Except... side by side, of course.

  11. #91
    Colonel mamasue9's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    5,375

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Don't have cookie issues.



  12. #92
    Colonel mamasue9's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    5,375

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Don't have cookie issues.
    I'm going to email Gary because I check every day. I haven't received an email announcement for the new guests.

    EDT: email sent

    working now..
    Last edited by mamasue9; September 29th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.



  13. #93
    Major camelot7414's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbird View Post
    I've booked a double room for the con and hopefully on exec floor, need a roomie or two. Let me know!
    Since Kavan was added, I decided to try to go and would love a roommate or 2, so Starbird if you haven't filled up your room I would definintely be interested in rooming with you.

  14. #94
    Captain silvercomet's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Not where I want to be
    Posts
    1,097

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Well, I'm definitely not complaining about the first guest announcements.

  15. #95
    Second Lieutenant Dr. Carson Beckett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    The latest guest for the con has been announced, and it's definitely a great one...



    His appearance date has yet to be determined, but I was hoping he'd be able to make the 2012 con as he had to bow out of this year's show.

  16. #96
    Colonel mamasue9's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    5,375

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    yay...I'll get to see him this time...



  17. #97
    Airman Vala-Mal-Doran's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Hey Guys

    Does anyone know if there is a thread for the LA Convention.
    Looking to go but need a roomie but for the life of me I can't find the thread?!?!

    VMD

  18. #98
    Airman Vala-Mal-Doran's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Also looking for a roomie for the Vancouver one so if anyone is interested in sharing the let me know.

  19. #99
    Major General discodiva's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hope Zee
    Posts
    10,451

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala-Mal-Doran View Post
    Hey Guys

    Does anyone know if there is a thread for the LA Convention.
    Looking to go but need a roomie but for the life of me I can't find the thread?!?!

    VMD

    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...9#post12956479


    Deeds xx

    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

  20. #100
    Lieutenant Colonel Krisz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cloverdale,British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    4,505

    Default Re: Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

    Great news about Chris Judge! Fingers crossed it happens this time and I can finally get the photo op with the final member of the original SG-1!

    If Louis Ferriera comes too then my wish list is complete and it would be a great final convention in my home city!

Similar Threads

  1. Vancouver stargate convention
    By darebear in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: March 31st, 2009, 12:47 PM
  3. Creation Vancouver Convention (2005)
    By David in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 564
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 26th, 2004, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •