Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They should have brought back Amanda Perry and Gin this episode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have brought back Amanda Perry and Gin this episode...

It's a lot of data in the archive repository.

Amanda and Gin would have been able to process and search for whatever was deemed 'important' and suck it out the library with whatever uplink there was.

In addition, the two of them would have been able to simultaneously check sensors to recognize planetary telemetry rather than have everyone caught off guard.

But... on the other hand, the two of them (especially Gin) would have felt some type of way knowing AU Eli was hooked with another woman and had children; albeit given the dire circumstances.

In addition, the two of them may have been able to come across the flight path the other evacuation ships went.

It was only near the end that Eli did a data compression. But had Amanda and Gin been able to remote in, they would have been able to sift through libraries to see what was worth grabbing.

Thoughts?

Mandy cannot be allowed free reign again because she is far too dangerous. If there were some way for Ginn to get loose that would be another matter entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      Mandy cannot be allowed free reign again because she is far too dangerous. If there were some way for Ginn to get loose that would be another matter entirely.
      She made one oversight, it was nothing malicious.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Mandy isn't dangerous, just negligent. She wouldn't try that again, or at least they wouldn't let her without supervision.

Comment

True.. They could have released them. BUT who's to say the quarenteen that Eli put them in is reversable.

Comment

destiny and mandy didn't understand something as innocent as love. there's nothing wrong with that.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              destiny and mandy didn't understand something as innocent as love. there's nothing wrong with that.
              You're kidding right? We almost lost a crewmember to mandy. I doubt she learned her lesson.

Comment

You're kidding right? We almost lost a crewmember to mandy. I doubt she learned her lesson.
                and I don't think your hugged much as a child. if mandy returns we just can't let anyone go into the virtual world she created. she can act as a AI like she did during the kidney surgery
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

mandy's development has, in a way, likely been stifled most of her life.

she's studied hard but developed few friendships, and few if any romantic relationships.

this isn't by her choice of course - iirc the accident that took her mobility was back when she was 9 years old. but with her emotional development being so far behind her intelligence, it's almost impossible to predict what she might do, or why. and since she's a program in the computer, it's even harder to prevent her doing such things - she's closer to the base code of the ship than anyone else so a lockout command may not even be enforceable, and for anything she might do, there's no way to stop her until after she's acted. at that point, it's probably too late if she's decided to enter FTL or get rid of the air supplies - and with that access to the base code, she can probably create a lockout that would take too long to crack, and alter it on the fly as well.

the only one maybe able to monitor her is ginn - and that pretty much defeats the purpose of taking them out to help, since it would take all ginn's focus to monitor mandy.

why not take out the other guy though? the scientist who sat in the chair? i know rush disabled that interface, but i don't think it was ever made clear whether he could come back.
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

It seems like you're comparing Mandy to GLaDOS (Portal)... Mandy isn't dangerous as you believe her to be.
                    sigpic
                    Don't touch Lola

Comment

GLaDOS loves to test....

mandy loves to test (rush)....

arbitrary rules, arbitrary victory conditions, and a rather pi$$y (in portal 2) nature when you break the rules....

no, no comparison between them i guess
                      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

I think Mandy's best left where she is - accident or no, there's no saying whatever she did in an attempt to save Rush would've cascaded into badness. Ginn was just horrible collateral.

And yeah, I think using them would've made sense if we could actually use them. But since we can't right now...
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Whose to say that they already arent looking through the data?

Quarantine could just mean they go into read-only mode and can still ghost numerous data systems, they just cannot affect any changes.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            True.. They could have released them. BUT who's to say the quarenteen that Eli put them in is reversable.
                            I agree. We're under the impression that the quarantine is not (easily) reversible or it wouldn't be a big deal. It's not only the matter of a on/off switch, we need to believe.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Logically I don't see why they wouldn't have immediately undid the quarantine after Rush was free if they could have. Eli didn't do it to "punish" Amanda, he did it to save Rush.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X