Did the Novans do it like the Goa'uld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Novans do it like the Goa'uld?

I was just thinking, how probable is it that the People that fled the Planet took the Gate with them? With the time their Journey would take, it would be useful to have a Gateconnection to a few Planets.

The reason they never connected to their Camps again might be that they are simply out of range.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Eli said the gate had been lost in the lava decades ago.
    sigpic

Comment

but if they had a ship to put the gate on would they not have gone to the camps
      sigpic

Comment

If they had a gate they would have never built the ships. They'd have walked.

Comment

Oh, thats right. My mistake.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            I was just thinking, how probable is it that the People that fled the Planet took the Gate with them? With the time their Journey would take, it would be useful to have a Gateconnection to a few Planets.

The reason they never connected to their Camps again might be that they are simply out of range.
            In another thread, i was thinking that they could have easily gone to the closest planet, swiped the gate, and then gated to the "Alpha colony". Trip would take 40 years max to pull off, assuming they can land the ship and grab the gate.
            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
            Vicious

Comment

I think the gateworld they were headed to (ha again) WAS the closest world with a Stargate

N.C

Comment

It would be stupid to travel to a farther planet if another one closer has a stargate.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                  It would be stupid to travel to a farther planet if another one closer has a stargate.
                  Not necessarily...
                  They got say a half - million people on the ships, they all arrive at the new world, they are gonna need some infrastructure...
                  Leaving behind ships with no doubt life support system including water purification and grow labs, would no doubt hurt their new world.

Comment

only if the closer planet is safe, of course. otherwise, it's suicide to go there at all.
                    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

i have a feeling that Tenara has been compromised by Futura and thats why they didnt contact their expeditions. Whatever Futura's ulterior motive might be it took advantage of Tenara somehow. Or else they wouldve contacted the expedition, there wouldve been time to do that.
                      sigpic

Comment

the gate was destroyed by lava - eli states that in the episode. so no, contact wasn't an option.

they were fighting the very planet for their survival - so again, no, not likely that one took advantage of the other.

not everything is a conspiracy, even though it's easy to make up theories.
                        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

They stated the world they were headed too was the closest colony world.

Infrastructure is already in place, assuming no disaster natural or otherwise.

As they never built ships before the evacuation ships, its obvious there is a Stargate there.

N.C

Comment

I was thinking maybe the people of Novus didn't have the map of the stargates. We took for granted that the Destiny have the entire stargate network map probably because all the data was sent to it from the seed ships and the kino remotes can detect nearby gates.

The Novus stargate diallers might have been something they build themselves (like how we build our own version of DHD in the first episode of SG1) but it doesn't have all the features of the Kino like the ability to detect nearby stargates. So they have to explore the stargate networks the hard way.

Comment

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and assumed it was referring to Goa'uld... well... you know...
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X