• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awakening (316)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    AWAKENING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316
    While searching a former Praxian stronghold Helen and Tesla stumble into a trap set by the ancient Vampiris race -- along with a lost queen of the species long believed to be extinct. Back at the Sanctuary, Kate learns that a former acquaintance is dealing in Abnormals.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:36 PM.

Great episode!!!!!

Comment

A good one, but this could've been a good episode to launch a meta plot that would take an entire season to fight against the Vampires. I'd love to see a vampire/human war.

But I knew what Helen was planning. It's a shame to see the database go.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        A good one, but this could've been a good episode to launch a meta plot that would take an entire season to fight against the Vampires. I'd love to see a vampire/human war.

Yeah, it's a shame. I guess great science fiction always has consequences to actions. Reminds me of Farscape. Great Drama results.

Comment

I for one am glad we're not going into another long arc of subsequent episodes. I was getting tired of the Hollow Earth one by episode 9 and 10. I didn't want that to happen again.

And re-the bolded: I don't think a vampire/human war is out of the equation. I mean, we didn't SEE Affina (sp?) die. I think she could be back. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she is. EDIT: I know there was a big BOOM, but still. There are always solutions I believe.
          Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 16 May 2011, 07:20 PM.
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Now this was the Sanctaury I love Helen and Tesla were just wonderful together, love the snark and the caring Those two could do a comedy show These two are wonderfully written characters and thier interactions are not forced, they just go so well together (and I don't mean in a shippy way ) The queen was also a good character, you knew she was not to be trusted and I loved Tesla disappointment in her when she threw him in that trap. The guy just falls for the wrong women Helen was also great going up against her, she knew she couldn't win, but she had to try. I like how Helen tricked the Queen, yep brains over brawn always works Sad to see the map go though

All in all a great episode, Sanctuary is BACK BABY
            Last edited by Mandysg1; 16 May 2011, 07:21 PM.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              YEP. That's the first thing I said at the end too!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Now this was the Sanctaury I love

YEAH Babby!!!!! "Sanctuary is BACK BABY."

Comment

That lady is a vampire queen. Do we really expect her to be dead?

After the last few very boring episodes, I can't believe how fast this one went by. I SO loved all of the Magnus/Tesla moments. Those two have such a great sibling-type of relationship. I've really missed that with the whole Hollow Earth mega-storyline. It's something we saw in small increments before, but that was when Nikola was a vampire and still quite untrustworthy.

Since everyone else has gotten a "date night" lately, I guess this was Helen & Nikola's version of it - vampire style. That's what makes them so enjoyable. They're so unpredictable.

I also loved the Kate part of the story. It's great to see they still have her past keep coming back to haunt her at times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                    I also loved the Kate part of the story. It's great to see they still have her past keep coming back to haunt her at times.
                    Right! Let's put Helen and Nikola aside for a moment! I loved the B Plot too. I think that guy, Caster (sp?), could be back sometimes! I love Kate's background story and how they use it in the show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, back to the Sanctuary I adore. Yay! Loved the Helen/Tesla snark.

And the vampire queen was so much better than the last several guests.

Was nice to see Helen use the the queen's notions about humanity against her. Helen:1 V.P.:0.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

You know. It is not far fetched for some of the vamps to have survived.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                          The Kate character was lots better tonight. The casual feel when she is with Biggie has become a nice part of the show. Sometimes I feel the actor forces Kate a bit but she seemed to catch the role nicely in this episode. Maybe a bit forced on the bridge toward the end but wasn't the computer generated city in the background amazing? So I was a bit distracted in a lovely way.

Yes, a nice B story.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            You know. It is not far fetched for some of the vamps to have survived.
                            I guess not.

But I must admit I was waiting for it since the first time they mentionned the vampire race was extinct. It was obvious we'd see some one day. It was only a question of when. ;P Now we have. ;D
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup, consequences of Kate's actions causing her issues is good.
                              No Wolf Boy tonight. Nice mentions though.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X