• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3207 (607)
    Rory and the Doctor come to Amy's rescue at a secret military base that is raising an army against the Doctor, calling on some old friends to save her and her new baby.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 07 June 2011, 03:11 PM.

Awesome Rory, Badass Rory. Restac revived. Danny Boy and River…oh wow. Wow oh wow. Wow. Have I mentioned, WOW?!?!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

OMG That was awesome
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Omfg!!!!
        What a brilliant episode!
        So many great things baout it, a Sontaran that can breastfeed, all of the Doctors friends and foes rallying to his aide, the Doctor being tricked, River Songs identity!
        Wheres the Doctor going??
        I dunno whether Im happy or sad about who River Song is, I kinda wanted something totally out there and whacky, I suppose this is, but maybe a bit too obvious?
        Soooo psyched for Part 2 now!

Comment

WHAT A MIND FRAK!

Good job I was lying on the couch or I'd have been floored!
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** !!!!!!!

That was awesome in ways that dont even have words to describe it.

I figured out the whole River thing 3 seconds before she showed them the prayer leaf

Aside from the man she kills, which, judging by the 3 second Next time pic and the words "Time Runs Out" is getting clearer.

Best episode ever, bad Doctor and awesome balls to the wall Rory !!!!

I'm gonna watch that at least 20 more times over the week end !!!!!

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Awesome Rory, Badass Rory. Restac revived. Danny Boy and River…oh wow. Wow oh wow. Wow. Have I mentioned, WOW?!?!
              I'm pretty sure that wasn't Restac, not from the story she told on how they met.

Yes. Great episode.

Let's Kill Hitler!
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

ZOMFG!!!!!!!

Danny Boy!

Clergy!

Cybermen!

THE LAST CENTURION!

DANNY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*collapses in fit of fandom squee overload*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead.

I hope she doesnt become Kovarian due to the Doctor abandoning her.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that wasn't Restac, not from the story she told on how they met.

Yes. Great episode.

Let's Kill Hitler!
                    Ah well, still awesome. I must have misheard. Damn my failing ears!! But still, what an episode. What a brilliant, superb, fantastic episode.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war". Brilliant, brilliant line. Loved the poem at the end too.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                      Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead.

I hope she doesnt become Kovarian due to the Doctor abandoning her.

N.C
                      Not true. She even said that should the Doctor take her place in the chair in FotD it would kill him stone dead before he could regenerate. It's the reason she KO'd him and chained him to the rail, and took the hit herself.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

She is combined Human Timelord though, so that might give way to unforseen side effects and such

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          She is combined Human Timelord though, so that might give way to unforseen side effects and such

N.C
                          Because she's a hybrid of both, because of being born during TARDIS transit or *on the wedding night*, I still doubt that she's as powerful as a full Time Lord because she's still half human. So if the Doctor didn't stand a chance against the chair in FotD then River certainly wouldn't.

sigpic

Comment

Also GREAT to see my favourite pirates again (if not briefly) I wonder why they didn't join in the battle outside the TARDIS though?

sigpic

Comment

I'm slightly confused about timelines and what not though - so the Doctor now knows how Amy's child dies? And Amy knows how the Doctor dies? And River went to jail for killing a good man (presumably the Doctor?)? But why doesn't River react more to Amy and Rory in the past season or so? And why, when we first met River, is she supposedly from the 51st century? And where is the Doctor's daughter in all this?

My head hurts
                              The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                              The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                              Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                              Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                              Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                              X