• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Almost People (3206)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    THE ALMOST PEOPLE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3206 (606)
    While the human survivors await rescue Jennifer's Ganger manipulates Rory and attempts to destroy the factory. When the Doctor learns he has a Ganger of his own, he and Amy clash over whether he can be trusted.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 29 May 2011, 03:32 PM.

Okay, that was pretty good.

It was an improvement on last week's episode, though largely predictable (hands up who knew both of the Jen's were Flesh the moment you see them and that the Doctors swapped places). The ending, however, was pretty great. I'll have to watch that one again to catch some of the dialogue I missed.

And now the Doctor knows about his death!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Lool beaten to it for once

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        Eyepatch Lady said "You're doing fine, you're doing just fine" or something to that effect.. And if that was followed by "I'm going to need you to push, on three"... it wouldn't seem completely out of place..

Eyepatch Lady is a midwife Which would fit with the pictures of Amy with a baby and the whole is she/isn't she pregnant storyline.. The one thing that doesn't quite fit is why the TARDIS is taking so long to confirm it. I know it's for dramatic effect and to keep people guessing, but it really shouldn't take so long!

Is it possible for Amy to be dreaming the current adventures while in some hospital with pirate-themed midwives? Or is she both there and in the TARDIS at the same time? The TARDIS can't get a definite answer because both answers are true..
        PH was close!

And the problem about the Doctor not being allowed to know about his death... he's been on adventures with past regenerations before so knowing his own future shouldn't have been a problem... Maybe it's just River's obsession with spoilers?

Comment

Three parter o.0

Sort of...

And the eye patch lady spoke seems the midwife theory was right, what was with the big green light by amys feet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            he's been on adventures with past regenerations before so knowing his own future shouldn't have been a problem
            But I'm sure in the Three Doctors at least, it's stated that the Time Lords are doing fancy stuff to stop this being a problem. And I imagine there's no problem knowing you're going to be alive in the future he's not going to try and avoid that fate. But once you know that you're going to die, you're going to try and stop it even if it's only subconsciously.

Comment

I cant edit my post so Ill just post here

The two Jens was a tad bit obvious, saw that coming as soon as they appeared.

But OMG, those last two minutes...
              We all had our suspicions that something wasnt right about Amy, so it looks like some of us were right that she was never saved from the Silence
              A few questions answered but still we get more questions thrown at us!

Looks like theyve answered why the Tardis cant tell if Amys pregnant, but so many questions to be answered...
              Where is Amy?
              What do they want with her?
              Cant wait for next weeks episode!

Next weeks episode is going to be awesome!!
              Heres the trailer
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h7m4l

And prequel
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h74x2

Spoiler:
              Who the hell is this eyepatch lady, and how do the cybermen tie into it?
              And also, who are the cloaked figures?
              Lol at Rory 'Where is my wife?'
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 May 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Having two Doctors was awesome, especially with the instability caused by all those regenerations at the beginning ("Would you like a jelly baby?" and "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!" were very welcome nods to the old series ).

The mystery surrounding Amy gets some new developments that are actually pretty damn good. I haven't liked Amy much this season, so maybe the weird situation she's in explains a bit of her altered character as well as the quantum pregnancy.

I am definitely looking forward to the next episode!
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Still possible it's the doctors ganger that dies though, the doctor said something to his ganger about it's possible their molecules could survive or something and handed him the sonic, the ganger then did something with it right at the end when they were being vaporised. Doubt any of that would be included if it wasn't going to play a part later.

"reverse the polarity of the jelly baby" awesome

Comment

Oucha! That was an unexpected ending! Uh, when was Amy replaced by The Flesh?

In next week's episode...
                    Spoiler:
                    Introducing: The Bolians!
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Wow. And that ending...woah! Did NOT see that coming!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Wow. And that ending...woah! Did NOT see that coming!
                        Same here. The episode left me slightly confused, same with "The Rebel Flesh". I rewatch is in order.
                        Also, during "The Flesh Doctor's" slight freakout at the beginning of the episode, did anyone else hear Tom Bakers' voice, or was that just me?
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I need to rewatch it because of the Doctor switch, and those last two minutes...Steven Moffat seems to have been very clever here, cant wait to see the explanation of everything...

Comment

Like a lot of you I did think that both of the Jennifer's were the Flesh. I kept changing my mind about the two Doctors. First I thought they'd swapped but then I changed my mind. But Amy being a duplicate all this time? I did not see that coming AT ALL.

I loved the glimpses of the Third & Fourth Doctors. Jelly babies and the neutron flow. *happy sigh*

As for the prequel & trailer!! Is it next Saturday yet!?

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that Steven Moffat seems to have established a pattern of 2 of the 11th Doctor showing up at various points?

The Big Bang - The Doctor interacts briefly with himself from 12 minutes in the future.

Space - The Doctor from a few seconds in the future walks into the TARDIS after having walked into the police box shell in order to tell his past self about the wibbley lever.

The Impossible Astronaut - The Doctor from almost 200 years into the future sent his 908 year old self an invitation to meet up with Amy, Rory and River in that diner.

The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People - Another 11th Doctor created out of the Flesh.

I wonder why Steven Moffat is trying to push the idea of more than one of the current Doctor?
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X