No announcement yet.

The Rebel Flesh (3205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the episode was fun but only "okay". Nice ending, two Doctors is always exciting!

I'm a little puzzled in some ways by Rory's actions in the episode. Hope this doesn't create some friction between himself and Amy later on.

Comment

Well you can see it in his eyes as a nurse that he cares about lost people like that, people in pain be it psychological or physical.

Amy has the same kind of obsession with the Doctor that in a way goes above and beyond Rivers.

N.C

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Almost_People

Lol, funny clip from The Almost People

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Well you can see it in his eyes as a nurse that he cares about lost people like that, people in pain be it psychological or physical.

Amy has the same kind of obsession with the Doctor that in a way goes above and beyond Rivers.

N.C
          Well yes I like Rory mainly because of his kindness and caring. But he has never gone out of his way to help somebody before like the way he did in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Well yes I like Rory mainly because of his kindness and caring. But he has never gone out of his way to help somebody before like the way he did in this episode.
            You mean like him essentially getting fired in his first episode because of what he believed to be his patients?

Comment

Decent episode- about the same as the first episode this season. So far with the 2 parters, the first episode has been dull- lets hope the second is as good as episode 2 was.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                You mean like him essentially getting fired in his first episode because of what he believed to be his patients?
                Oh. Completely forgot about that...

Comment

Ooo, apparently The Almost People will end with a game changing ending, and there will be some seismic scenes which changes everything for the Doctor...

Minor spoilers for Episode 7 in the article
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...etin_110525_02

Comment

Heh, I can't be the only one who thinks the BBC spoiling things before they air are a TAD hypocritical given how much Moffat despised the fans spoiling things. I could have lived without knowing there'd be a cliffhanger this week, it risks the actual Ganger story losing it's own individual momentum since most people may tune in JUST for the cliffhanger

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                      Heh, I can't be the only one who thinks the BBC spoiling things before they air are a TAD hypocritical given how much Moffat despised the fans spoiling things. I could have lived without knowing there'd be a cliffhanger this week, it risks the actual Ganger story losing it's own individual momentum since most people may tune in JUST for the cliffhanger
                      I hear what you're saying--I commented in another thread about how how I'm rather angry about how spoilery the BBC description of episode 7 is. On the other hand, presumably the head-honchos have some control over what BBC releases, vs. fans who stalk filming locations and post unwarranted, moderated spoilers from any and all episodes.

Comment

Yeah, the BBC Doctor Who website has revealed some stuff thats kinda spoilery to Episode 7
                        eg
                        Spoiler:
                        The Sularians returning

It probably isnt a massive spoiler, but it does kinda spoil the suprise when they do turn up...

Comment

I'm 99% sure at the end of the previous season Rory acknowledged that he is made of plastic, and he has said that he has the memories of those 2000+ years, but how come no one mentioned it in this ep? I was waiting for Rory to bring it up when Amy was getting angry at him for going after Jennifer, he's helping not only because he is an awesome person (unlike Amy who says she loves him but gives him a 5 second CPR then gets bored) but also because he is made of plastic too! I really hope this is mentioned next episode otherwise it's a huge continuity error.

I did like this episode and I didn't notice the pacing problem as others did, most likely because I was too obsessed with the Rory-plastic dilemma.

Kathy
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            I'm 99% sure at the end of the previous season Rory acknowledged that he is made of plastic, and he has said that he has the memories of those 2000+ years, but how come no one mentioned it in this ep? I was waiting for Rory to bring it up when Amy was getting angry at him for going after Jennifer, he's helping not only because he is an awesome person (unlike Amy who says she loves him but gives him a 5 second CPR then gets bored) but also because he is made of plastic too! I really hope this is mentioned next episode otherwise it's a huge continuity error.

I did like this episode and I didn't notice the pacing problem as others did, most likely because I was too obsessed with the Rory-plastic dilemma.

Kathy
                            I got the impression he's back to being flesh and blood fully human Rory again, since the Doctor managed to close the cracks and restore the universe, but for some timey-wimey, spacey-wacey reason he retains two millennia of memories from a bizarre alternate reality in his human form.

When Amy remembers the Doctor in The Big Bang, I think Rory can be heard muttering "I was made of plastic" shortly before or after the TARDIS materialises. However, I agree that his memory of being plastic should have been explicitly brought up, unless there is a story reason for it. Maybe it would be too complicated to recap and explain to the Gangers.

"I understand what you're going through because I was plastic for two thousand years, and a Roman in a dying universe to boot, but I got better when the Doctor kickstarted a second big bang and now I'm human again." I think the Gangers would be backing away slowly at this point.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Preety sure Rory became flesh and bone when the universe rebooted, he just kept his conscience from before and remembers everything from the 2000 years he waited.

Comment

A terrific episode. Brilliantly performed, fantastic tone that was dark and gloomy, a good story which a strong subtext but sadly a very predictable cliffhanger. In fact, i'd say it's the most predictable cliffhanger in the new series sadly. But I look forward to seeing where it goes next week. Not sure what the kids would have made of it, but i'm not concerned, I was getting far too much out of it. I'm glad there's a little bit more in it for the adults this year, that's at least how it feels to me anyway.

4 out of 5

Comment

Working...
                                X