Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Rebel Flesh (3205)

Somewhere in the Stargate and Doctor Who Universe

Default Re: The Rebel Flesh (3205)

Yeah, the BBC Doctor Who website has revealed some stuff thats kinda spoilery to Episode 7
    eg
    Spoiler:
    The Sularians returning

It probably isnt a massive spoiler, but it does kinda spoil the suprise when they do turn up...

Stargate SG1 - 1997 - 2007_______________Stargate Atlantis - 2004 - 2009
    Stargate Universe - 2009 - 2011_________Sanctuary - 2008 - 2012
    Merlin - 2008 - 2012_________________Star Wars The Clone Wars - 2008 - 2013
    Doctor Who - 1963 - Present ___________Torchwood - 2006 - Present
    The Walking Dead - 2010 - Present__________Falling Skies - 2011 - Present
    And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Almost Human, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Under the Dome, Atlantis, Arrow)

Doctor Who Season 8 - Cant wait!_________________The Walking Dead Season 5 - Cant wait!
    Falling Skies Season 4 - Currently on!_________________ Game of Thrones Season 5 - Cant wait!
    Person of Interest Season 4 - Cant wait!_________________ Sleepy Hollow Season 2 - Cant wait!

I'm 99% sure at the end of the previous season Rory acknowledged that he is made of plastic, and he has said that he has the memories of those 2000+ years, but how come no one mentioned it in this ep? I was waiting for Rory to bring it up when Amy was getting angry at him for going after Jennifer, he's helping not only because he is an awesome person (unlike Amy who says she loves him but gives him a 5 second CPR then gets bored) but also because he is made of plastic too! I really hope this is mentioned next episode otherwise it's a huge continuity error.

I did like this episode and I didn't notice the pacing problem as others did, most likely because I was too obsessed with the Rory-plastic dilemma.

Kathy
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Quote Originally Posted by rosey_angel View Post
    I'm 99% sure at the end of the previous season Rory acknowledged that he is made of plastic, and he has said that he has the memories of those 2000+ years, but how come no one mentioned it in this ep? I was waiting for Rory to bring it up when Amy was getting angry at him for going after Jennifer, he's helping not only because he is an awesome person (unlike Amy who says she loves him but gives him a 5 second CPR then gets bored) but also because he is made of plastic too! I really hope this is mentioned next episode otherwise it's a huge continuity error.

I did like this episode and I didn't notice the pacing problem as others did, most likely because I was too obsessed with the Rory-plastic dilemma.

Kathy
    I got the impression he's back to being flesh and blood fully human Rory again, since the Doctor managed to close the cracks and restore the universe, but for some timey-wimey, spacey-wacey reason he retains two millennia of memories from a bizarre alternate reality in his human form.

When Amy remembers the Doctor in The Big Bang, I think Rory can be heard muttering "I was made of plastic" shortly before or after the TARDIS materialises. However, I agree that his memory of being plastic should have been explicitly brought up, unless there is a story reason for it. Maybe it would be too complicated to recap and explain to the Gangers.

"I understand what you're going through because I was plastic for two thousand years, and a Roman in a dying universe to boot, but I got better when the Doctor kickstarted a second big bang and now I'm human again." I think the Gangers would be backing away slowly at this point.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Staff Sergeant

Preety sure Rory became flesh and bone when the universe rebooted, he just kept his conscience from before and remembers everything from the 2000 years he waited.

Second Lieutenant

A terrific episode. Brilliantly performed, fantastic tone that was dark and gloomy, a good story which a strong subtext but sadly a very predictable cliffhanger. In fact, i'd say it's the most predictable cliffhanger in the new series sadly. But I look forward to seeing where it goes next week. Not sure what the kids would have made of it, but i'm not concerned, I was getting far too much out of it. I'm glad there's a little bit more in it for the adults this year, that's at least how it feels to me anyway.

4 out of 5

Lorraine Baines Pharaoh Hamenthotep's Avatar

Who was watching The Doctor, Amy and Rory when they first arrived? The camera movements made it seem like someone was hiding behind the wall watching them... Also The Doctor gave the impression that he had been there before. When they were talking about arriving there being an accident, Amy said "We've never been here before, we came here by accident".. And the Doctor replied " Yes.... by accident" (but not really -added by PH)

Spoilers for past and future episodes and general rambling nonsense
    Spoiler:
    Is he the slightly in the future Doctor from after Demons Run? I have a theory that the Doctor we've been watching up to this point is the Doctor who left in the TARDIS at the end of "A Good Man Goes to War" He was a year older than Amy expected him to be in The Impossible Astronaut and on the scene on the beach there was someone watching them in the background.. maybe the same someone watching them in this episode. The Doctor also said he was following another lead while looking for the girl in the Oval Office. The only thing stopping my "there are really three Doctors in this season (four including the ganger Doctor) is how do they switch back? But if the "our time" Doctor is also on the island with the slightly in the future Doctor he could have switched back in the scene where everyone is unconscious..

End of rambling nonsense

I was wondering if anyone would ever bring that theory up. I remember that segment very well. And often wondered if it was possible to contain more than one Doctor in the same universe.

Actually i think the being in the shadows in "The Big Bang" -

Spoiler:
    watching from behind the sarcophagus, is River, because in the season 6.5 trailers there is a screen shot, for all of 1.5 seconds, of River wearing an eye patch and standing infront of an aged and dirtied white looking sarcophagus, that appears to be the same on you see the shadowy figure hiding behind in the aborted timeline, how they manage to pull that off with that timeline no longer in existance is beyond me.

Unless it has something to do with flashbacks.

N.C

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Cool episode. I really like these two parters. Creepy too!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg