No announcement yet.

The Doctor's Wife (3204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Idris was gorgeous...... I love the TARDIS woman...... It's a shame they can't give the TARDIS a voice...... Howcome House called her Idris yet she couldn't tell the Doctor her name was Idris?
    Idris was the name of the girl before the TARDIS soul was put into her, House knew her by no other name.

N.C

Comment

The best bit about this episode was the amazing Steam Punk goggles that the Doctor wore at the end. I actually saw a pair just like this in Cyberdog but they were far too expensive. When I came back sometime later they'd been sold, given the timings of this event and when the episode was filmed I like to think they were the same pair.

Comment

Im just saying, Amy is Cool and all, and I like the fact that the companions are relvant....

but can we please get over the wank fest already? Even Rose wasn't so important to the story of the Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
          Im just saying, Amy is Cool and all, and I like the fact that the companions are relvant....

but can we please get over the wank fest already? Even Rose wasn't so important to the story of the Doctor.
          First off - Offensive.

Secondly - What has Amy got to do with this particular story?!?! It was to do with the relationship between the Doctor and his TARDIS.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          This Doctor is more Inspector Gadget then the Doctor and if you can't see that well then you can't see that... But he is funny. Just I hope this funniness doesn't drag on for too long or I'll dump this show it's becoming a stale joke.

OMG Idris was gorgeous...... I love the TARDIS woman...... It's a shame they can't give the TARDIS a voice...... Howcome House called her Idris yet she couldn't tell the Doctor her name was Idris?

She was lovely. ooh I'm in love..............

At least we know now that the TARDIS never takes the Doctor where he wants to go but where hs needed.... She knows having the time vortex inside her and all.. And that she stole him as much as he stole her from Galifrey..

Overall it's a great episode and there's a connection to the Library episode remember what Idris told the Doctor "There's only one river in the forest" "Forest of the dead" / "Silence in the library."

Oh and did you know that "Amy's Choice" from last season ties into this current series. Steven Moffat said so...
          The Doctor IS Inspector Gadget. He's the original Inspector Gadget. He was Inspector Gadget long before his eleventh incarnation. He was using gadgets and inventions (and getting them wrong) when Inspector Gadget was just a twinkle in the writers' eyes.

As for his funniness...his current incarnation hasn't been funny all the time. There's PLENTY of examples from both this series and the last one that show he hasn't been funny all the time because the situations haven't warranted humour.
          Last edited by Alan; 21 May 2011, 05:26 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Amy's been brought up a total of 6 times on this page alone, Alan. Before I posted.

And, as you said, she had very little to do with the episode at all <<

The entire show is focused on her, even when the episode isn't, and it shows in the discussion.

Even the TARDIS itself is, we can reasonably believe, hyping up the importance of Amy.

Though the bolded term was more in reference to the show as a hole rather than the people in here.

Comment

Amy is part of Doctor Who and in this story House was having mindgames played on her...of course people on the thread are going to mention her.

The entire show ISN'T focused on her. The entire show is focused on the Doctor, Amy, and Rory. It is focussed on TeamTARDIS and the secrets they hold from each other and how they'll come together and connect with the Doctor's death on the beach in Utah. THAT is what all the focus is on and that is what all the discussions I've seen have been about talking about the three of them.

YOU can reasonably believe. The TARDIS barely acknowledged Amy in this story. The Doctor's been checking out HIS pregnancy scan of her on the TARDIS scanner. And of course Amy is important because she is the third section of the bigger storyline in which the Doctor and Rory are just as equally involved with too.

Next time choose your words more carefully. And anyway - the WHOLE of any TV show is made up of the writers, the makers, the broadcasters, and we the viewers. The people who visit the Doctor Who threads ARE part of the show. We watch the show and we talk about the people involved in Doctor Who and Amy is part of that. What do you want us to do? Ignore her? If people want to talk and speculate about Amy and her part in Steven Moffat's grand-plan then by Gallifrey we will.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

A couple of things...

Did anyone catch this line it was so quick? I got it but the moment went so fast.

When the Doctor asked the TARDIS lady her name before it was revealed she was the TARDIS she said "sex" and not "sexy" and then he very quickly said "only when we're alone"

And another thing that much publicised set of lines

House: "I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
                Doctor: "I killed them all"

Had no impact whatsoever. The episode was so fast and manic those ines were delivered so fast that they had zero impact.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

A couple of things...

Did anyone catch this line it was so quick? I got it but the moment went so fast.

When the Doctor asked the TARDIS lady her name before it was revealed she was the TARDIS she said "sex" and not "sexy" and then he very quickly said "only when we're alone"

And another thing that much publicised set of lines

House: "I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
                  Doctor: "I killed them all"

Had no impact whatsoever. The episode was so fast and manic those ines were delivered so fast that they had zero impact.
                  that line was epic
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Amy is part of Doctor Who and in this story House was having mindgames played on her...of course people on the thread are going to mention her.
                    You asked what she had to do with the story, and I answered -shrug-

The entire show ISN'T focused on her. The entire show is focused on the Doctor, Amy, and Rory. It is focussed on TeamTARDIS and the secrets they hold from each other and how they'll come together and connect with the Doctor's death on the beach in Utah. THAT is what all the focus is on and that is what all the discussions I've seen have been about talking about the three of them.
                    Missing pregnancy
                    Time-child
                    Eyepatch lady
                    Silent plans
                    Oh, and now the TARDIS can to be talking about her too.

The above even connect to the Doctor's death. The only real mystery not explicitly connected to her is River Song, who everyone is already saying is either Amy or her child :/

It's coalescing around her, Alan.

YOU can reasonably believe. The TARDIS barely acknowledged Amy in this story. The Doctor's been checking out HIS pregnancy scan of her on the TARDIS scanner. And of course Amy is important because she is the third section of the bigger storyline in which the Doctor and Rory are just as equally involved with too.
                    Question:

What does Rory actually have to do with the story to date? His largest impact on the story so far this season is Amy's POSSIBLE baby-daddy. Oh, and being funny, to be sure.

What is this "third section of a bigger storyline" you're referring to? Even in the last season she and her time was the focus of the season's big problem since episode 4.

At least with Rose we didn't know that the season was about her until the very last moment, pretty much.

Comment

Exactly, the three main characters are equal in standing, as it should be. The reason that people got annoyed by Rose was not because of the amount of screentime she got but more because the writers seemed to be treating her as The best person and ever and the only person who the Doctor will ever truly love when she was neither. Amy on the other hand is a well rounded character. The mystery happens to hang around Amy because past writers tried to hang the mystery around the Doctor and though they were awesome at the time, the constant revelations about him made him far less of a mysterious figure and drove the show to cancellation.

Besides, what would jameshawking prefer the companion to do? Stand around and scream while the Doctor solves all the problems and explains everything. That's not going to happen because 1) It would cause a PR disaster for the show 2) It would get very boring and 3) It would be rather out of character for this version of the Doctor to travel with someone who's not strong and independent.

Comment

PB: if you actually read what I wrote, I have no problems with Amy as a character.

I have problems with entire seasons, multiple big over-arching questions, and the murder of the Doctor, ALL being EXPLICITLY about her. Even the Silent are entirely about her, and every baddie in the universe used her as a trap for the Doctor (probably for a reason).

In comparison, the Doctor himself has very little going on thats not connected to her, and Rory has, frankly, absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                          PB: if you actually read what I wrote, I have no problems with Amy as a character.

I have problems with entire seasons, multiple big over-arching questions, and the murder of the Doctor, ALL being EXPLICITLY about her. Even the Silent are entirely about her, and every baddie in the universe used her as a trap for the Doctor (probably for a reason).

In comparison, the Doctor himself has very little going on thats not connected to her, and Rory has, frankly, absolutely nothing.

Actually Rory, poor Rory is the cosmic joke since they keep killing him, or nearly killing him...... I feel bad for Rory
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Actually Rory, poor Rory is the cosmic joke since they keep killing him, or nearly killing him...... I feel bad for Rory
                            Exactly.

Amy is held as the epitome of a mystery itself and Rory is a cosmic joke :/

not even remotely equals

Comment

Rory is basically the Zeppo. Amy may love him, but she sure as heck doesn't NEED him. She'd be fine without him.

Comment

Just about Rory...like Rose Tyler before him in Series 27...his storyline may not be obvious right now but it could be ESSENTIAL by the end of this current series. He could very well end up being a sort of "Bad Wolf" and its been said by Matthew Graham that Rory has his place within the master plan. We are only now reaching the half-way point in this series so lets not put Rory out just yet. Just wait, watch, and let it unfold. Once Series 32 completes its run THEN comment on Rory's place in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X