X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best eps ever, imo. Love Surrane Jones
    Spoiler:
    as the Tardis
    . She was gorgeous, and everyhting about her was aweosme.
    Some proper emotional stuff from Matt at the end of the ep, too. Great writing mr Moffat!
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart5 View Post
      One of the best eps ever, imo. Love Surrane Jones
      Spoiler:
      as the Tardis
      . She was gorgeous, and everyhting about her was aweosme.
      Some proper emotional stuff from Matt at the end of the ep, too. Great writing mr Moffat!
      As I said in my comments I fell in love with her.....I really did. She was gorgeous.

I loved that final interaction just before she faded away..... And just as she was vanishing were those final words "I love you?" I don't think they were audible..
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        As I said in my comments I fell in love with her.....I really did. She was gorgeous.

I loved that final interaction just before she faded away..... And just as she was vanishing were those final words "I love you?" I don't think they were audible..
        I think she does indeed say "I love you". I never caught the words when it was airing live but I did when I re-watched it immediately afterwards. The Doctor's longest serving companion...his wonderful, beautiful, sexy TARDIS...loves him and I'm certain he loves her. Its an incredibly beautiful concept. As I said in an earlier post...the Doctor and his TARDIS complete each other. He wanted to escape...she wanted to travel...it is a perfect partnership.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          I think she does indeed say "I love you". I never caught the words when it was airing live but I did when I re-watched it immediately afterwards. The Doctor's longest serving companion...his wonderful, beautiful, sexy TARDIS...loves him and I'm certain he loves her. Its an incredibly beautiful concept. As I said in an earlier post...the Doctor and his TARDIS complete each other. He wanted to escape...she wanted to travel...it is a perfect partnership.
          Did the Doctor also explain why the ship doesn't have a voice? because I think I missed that. I had a feeling he did but the episode was all so fast paced.... It would be nice if the ship occasionally spoke or if they could have her come "out" and walk with them once in a while.....Even if only as a hologram or such..

Comment

All he said was "Well, actually it's because the Time Lords discovered that if you take an eleven dimensional matrix and fold it into a mechanical - " and then he's cut off by Rory accidentally short circuiting a couple of wires, and finishes in exasperation that it's just "spacey wacey".

I think the idea was simply to offer the viewers confusing, nonsensical technobabble to make it sound like there is an extremely good reason why TARDISes cannot talk, but in the end they sort of settled for just saying "because that's the way it is".

Personally, I hope we don't see Idris or human TARDIS again, or at least not on a regular basis, because it would cheapen an otherwise wonderful, wonderful episode and development. I think the TARDIS being able to talk and walk should be a one off event, precisely because of how sad it is that she'll never do it again. It adds a lot more impact than if she were simply able to do it whenever she wanted.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              All he said was "Well, actually it's because the Time Lords discovered that if you take an eleven dimensional matrix and fold it into a mechanical - " and then he's cut off by Rory accidentally short circuiting a couple of wires, and finishes in exasperation that it's just "spacey wacey".

I think the idea was simply to offer the viewers confusing, nonsensical technobabble to make it sound like there is an extremely good reason why TARDISes cannot talk, but in the end they sort of settled for just saying "because that's the way it is".

Personally, I hope we don't see Idris or human TARDIS again, or at least not on a regular basis, because it would cheapen an otherwise wonderful, wonderful episode and development. I think the TARDIS being able to talk and walk should be a one off event, precisely because of how sad it is that she'll never do it again. It adds a lot more impact than if she were simply able to do it whenever she wanted.

I guess but it's also sad that she herself is now again "trapped in a box" so to speak...... Though he did ask for a sign of sorts that she heard him and I think Idris made that lever on the console move... At least I think that's what she did..

Comment

Loved the character of the TARDIS it was just as nuts as the Doctor. I wonder if somehow it's personality changes to match his when he regenerates.

I think it also explained a little bit of why the Doctor can somewhat pilot the TARDIS when it's meant to be operated by more than one person, in that it is the TARDIS doing a lot of the work. Also somewhat explained how after 900odd years the Doctor has never really learned how to navigate it properly.

Was great to see that they also finally got around to building some more of the TARDIS interior.
                sigpic

Comment

this is differently my fave episode so far. i love the tardis as human and i loved the fact that both the doctor and the tardis both think they stole each other lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just watched this again and I have to say it's my FAVOURITE episode of this series......

Damn shame they can't give the TARDIS a voice box

Comment

Note: She actually does say "I love you".

In the confidential they show the scene without the music and the background noise and its clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                        Note: She actually does say "I love you".

In the confidential they show the scene without the music and the background noise and its clear as day.
                        Thanks for confirming that.

It explains a lot, like when Rose had the time vortex inside her it was the TARDIS soul, the same thing Idris was. and she said "My Doctor"

Comment

I see the post-eater entity possessing GateWorld is alive and well. My own fault for not copying it before posting.

Basically, I love this episode, best of series 6, just wish ithad been the two parter rather than The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People even though they were more relevant to the overall plot arc of the series.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            Can't say I was. I'm finding it difficult to come up with any criticisms to be honest, other than the fact that they should have included all of Gaiman's ideas (although of course it would have extremely thinned the budget). The missing scenes sounded brilliant, especially his initial idea for the Doctor discovering all of the wrecked TARDISs.
                            Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            This ^
                            These ^

Couldn't resist. But, no. Seriously. Those.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Cool episode. Loved the talking TARDIS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X