Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 6 LastLast

Thread: The Doctor's Wife (3204)

Travelling in The TARDIS with The Doctor & Clara

Default Re: The Doctor's Wife (3204)

Amy is part of Doctor Who and in this story House was having mindgames played on her...of course people on the thread are going to mention her.

The entire show ISN'T focused on her. The entire show is focused on the Doctor, Amy, and Rory. It is focussed on TeamTARDIS and the secrets they hold from each other and how they'll come together and connect with the Doctor's death on the beach in Utah. THAT is what all the focus is on and that is what all the discussions I've seen have been about talking about the three of them.

YOU can reasonably believe. The TARDIS barely acknowledged Amy in this story. The Doctor's been checking out HIS pregnancy scan of her on the TARDIS scanner. And of course Amy is important because she is the third section of the bigger storyline in which the Doctor and Rory are just as equally involved with too.

Next time choose your words more carefully. And anyway - the WHOLE of any TV show is made up of the writers, the makers, the broadcasters, and we the viewers. The people who visit the Doctor Who threads ARE part of the show. We watch the show and we talk about the people involved in Doctor Who and Amy is part of that. What do you want us to do? Ignore her? If people want to talk and speculate about Amy and her part in Steven Moffat's grand-plan then by Gallifrey we will.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering
    DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, and much more...

A couple of things...

Did anyone catch this line it was so quick? I got it but the moment went so fast.

When the Doctor asked the TARDIS lady her name before it was revealed she was the TARDIS she said "sex" and not "sexy" and then he very quickly said "only when we're alone"

And another thing that much publicised set of lines

House: "I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
    Doctor: "I killed them all"

Had no impact whatsoever. The episode was so fast and manic those ines were delivered so fast that they had zero impact.
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    A couple of things...

Did anyone catch this line it was so quick? I got it but the moment went so fast.

When the Doctor asked the TARDIS lady her name before it was revealed she was the TARDIS she said "sex" and not "sexy" and then he very quickly said "only when we're alone"

And another thing that much publicised set of lines

House: "I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
    Doctor: "I killed them all"

Had no impact whatsoever. The episode was so fast and manic those ines were delivered so fast that they had zero impact.
    that line was epic

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Amy is part of Doctor Who and in this story House was having mindgames played on her...of course people on the thread are going to mention her.
    You asked what she had to do with the story, and I answered -shrug-

The entire show ISN'T focused on her. The entire show is focused on the Doctor, Amy, and Rory. It is focussed on TeamTARDIS and the secrets they hold from each other and how they'll come together and connect with the Doctor's death on the beach in Utah. THAT is what all the focus is on and that is what all the discussions I've seen have been about talking about the three of them.
    Missing pregnancy
    Time-child
    Eyepatch lady
    Silent plans
    Oh, and now the TARDIS can to be talking about her too.

The above even connect to the Doctor's death. The only real mystery not explicitly connected to her is River Song, who everyone is already saying is either Amy or her child :/

It's coalescing around her, Alan.

YOU can reasonably believe. The TARDIS barely acknowledged Amy in this story. The Doctor's been checking out HIS pregnancy scan of her on the TARDIS scanner. And of course Amy is important because she is the third section of the bigger storyline in which the Doctor and Rory are just as equally involved with too.
    Question:

What does Rory actually have to do with the story to date? His largest impact on the story so far this season is Amy's POSSIBLE baby-daddy. Oh, and being funny, to be sure.

What is this "third section of a bigger storyline" you're referring to? Even in the last season she and her time was the focus of the season's big problem since episode 4.

At least with Rose we didn't know that the season was about her until the very last moment, pretty much.

First Lieutenant

Exactly, the three main characters are equal in standing, as it should be. The reason that people got annoyed by Rose was not because of the amount of screentime she got but more because the writers seemed to be treating her as The best person and ever and the only person who the Doctor will ever truly love when she was neither. Amy on the other hand is a well rounded character. The mystery happens to hang around Amy because past writers tried to hang the mystery around the Doctor and though they were awesome at the time, the constant revelations about him made him far less of a mysterious figure and drove the show to cancellation.

Besides, what would jameshawking prefer the companion to do? Stand around and scream while the Doctor solves all the problems and explains everything. That's not going to happen because 1) It would cause a PR disaster for the show 2) It would get very boring and 3) It would be rather out of character for this version of the Doctor to travel with someone who's not strong and independent.

Chief Master Sergeant

PB: if you actually read what I wrote, I have no problems with Amy as a character.

I have problems with entire seasons, multiple big over-arching questions, and the murder of the Doctor, ALL being EXPLICITLY about her. Even the Silent are entirely about her, and every baddie in the universe used her as a trap for the Doctor (probably for a reason).

In comparison, the Doctor himself has very little going on thats not connected to her, and Rory has, frankly, absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jameshawking View Post
    PB: if you actually read what I wrote, I have no problems with Amy as a character.

I have problems with entire seasons, multiple big over-arching questions, and the murder of the Doctor, ALL being EXPLICITLY about her. Even the Silent are entirely about her, and every baddie in the universe used her as a trap for the Doctor (probably for a reason).

In comparison, the Doctor himself has very little going on thats not connected to her, and Rory has, frankly, absolutely nothing.

Actually Rory, poor Rory is the cosmic joke since they keep killing him, or nearly killing him...... I feel bad for Rory

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Chief Master Sergeant

Actually Rory, poor Rory is the cosmic joke since they keep killing him, or nearly killing him...... I feel bad for Rory
    Exactly.

Amy is held as the epitome of a mystery itself and Rory is a cosmic joke :/

not even remotely equals

First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar

Rory is basically the Zeppo. Amy may love him, but she sure as heck doesn't NEED him. She'd be fine without him.

Just about Rory...like Rose Tyler before him in Series 27...his storyline may not be obvious right now but it could be ESSENTIAL by the end of this current series. He could very well end up being a sort of "Bad Wolf" and its been said by Matthew Graham that Rory has his place within the master plan. We are only now reaching the half-way point in this series so lets not put Rory out just yet. Just wait, watch, and let it unfold. Once Series 32 completes its run THEN comment on Rory's place in the grand scheme of things.
    DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, and much more...

Glasgow, Scotland, Centre of the Universe

One of the best eps ever, imo. Love Surrane Jones
    Spoiler:
    as the Tardis
    . She was gorgeous, and everyhting about her was aweosme.
    Some proper emotional stuff from Matt at the end of the ep, too. Great writing mr Moffat!

385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart5 View Post
    One of the best eps ever, imo. Love Surrane Jones
    Spoiler:
    as the Tardis
    . She was gorgeous, and everyhting about her was aweosme.
    Some proper emotional stuff from Matt at the end of the ep, too. Great writing mr Moffat!
    As I said in my comments I fell in love with her.....I really did. She was gorgeous.

I loved that final interaction just before she faded away..... And just as she was vanishing were those final words "I love you?" I don't think they were audible..

Let's call it Defiance

As I said in my comments I fell in love with her.....I really did. She was gorgeous.

I loved that final interaction just before she faded away..... And just as she was vanishing were those final words "I love you?" I don't think they were audible..
    I think she does indeed say "I love you". I never caught the words when it was airing live but I did when I re-watched it immediately afterwards. The Doctor's longest serving companion...his wonderful, beautiful, sexy TARDIS...loves him and I'm certain he loves her. Its an incredibly beautiful concept. As I said in an earlier post...the Doctor and his TARDIS complete each other. He wanted to escape...she wanted to travel...it is a perfect partnership.

I think she does indeed say "I love you". I never caught the words when it was airing live but I did when I re-watched it immediately afterwards. The Doctor's longest serving companion...his wonderful, beautiful, sexy TARDIS...loves him and I'm certain he loves her. Its an incredibly beautiful concept. As I said in an earlier post...the Doctor and his TARDIS complete each other. He wanted to escape...she wanted to travel...it is a perfect partnership.
    Did the Doctor also explain why the ship doesn't have a voice? because I think I missed that. I had a feeling he did but the episode was all so fast paced.... It would be nice if the ship occasionally spoke or if they could have her come "out" and walk with them once in a while.....Even if only as a hologram or such..

Let's call it Defiance

All he said was "Well, actually it's because the Time Lords discovered that if you take an eleven dimensional matrix and fold it into a mechanical - " and then he's cut off by Rory accidentally short circuiting a couple of wires, and finishes in exasperation that it's just "spacey wacey".

I think the idea was simply to offer the viewers confusing, nonsensical technobabble to make it sound like there is an extremely good reason why TARDISes cannot talk, but in the end they sort of settled for just saying "because that's the way it is".

Personally, I hope we don't see Idris or human TARDIS again, or at least not on a regular basis, because it would cheapen an otherwise wonderful, wonderful episode and development. I think the TARDIS being able to talk and walk should be a one off event, precisely because of how sad it is that she'll never do it again. It adds a lot more impact than if she were simply able to do it whenever she wanted.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    All he said was "Well, actually it's because the Time Lords discovered that if you take an eleven dimensional matrix and fold it into a mechanical - " and then he's cut off by Rory accidentally short circuiting a couple of wires, and finishes in exasperation that it's just "spacey wacey".

I think the idea was simply to offer the viewers confusing, nonsensical technobabble to make it sound like there is an extremely good reason why TARDISes cannot talk, but in the end they sort of settled for just saying "because that's the way it is".

Personally, I hope we don't see Idris or human TARDIS again, or at least not on a regular basis, because it would cheapen an otherwise wonderful, wonderful episode and development. I think the TARDIS being able to talk and walk should be a one off event, precisely because of how sad it is that she'll never do it again. It adds a lot more impact than if she were simply able to do it whenever she wanted.

I guess but it's also sad that she herself is now again "trapped in a box" so to speak...... Though he did ask for a sign of sorts that she heard him and I think Idris made that lever on the console move... At least I think that's what she did..

Let's call it Defiance

Loved the character of the TARDIS it was just as nuts as the Doctor. I wonder if somehow it's personality changes to match his when he regenerates.

I think it also explained a little bit of why the Doctor can somewhat pilot the TARDIS when it's meant to be operated by more than one person, in that it is the TARDIS doing a lot of the work. Also somewhat explained how after 900odd years the Doctor has never really learned how to navigate it properly.

Was great to see that they also finally got around to building some more of the TARDIS interior.

this is differently my fave episode so far. i love the tardis as human and i loved the fact that both the doctor and the tardis both think they stole each other lol.

I just watched this again and I have to say it's my FAVOURITE episode of this series......

Damn shame they can't give the TARDIS a voice box

Let's call it Defiance

Chief Master Sergeant

Note: She actually does say "I love you".

In the confidential they show the scene without the music and the background noise and its clear as day.