No announcement yet.

Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a wild thought... since River is going backwards, could that make her.....

Merlin?

She pretended to be a male in order to foster an important historical event?

Hmmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      I just had a wild thought... since River is going backwards, could that make her.....

Merlin?

Hmmmmm.....
      Sorry I don't understand that bit about her being Merlin because she's going backwards in time. Can you explain? Are you talking about Battlefield?

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        Sorry I don't understand that bit about her being Merlin because she's going backwards in time. Can you explain? Are you talking about Battlefield?
        In the myths, Merlin aged backwards, which is how he was able to tell the future.

The problem is I don't think River herself is moving backwards through time, it's just how she and the Doctor meet.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I think River might actually have some Timelady in her.

In the Time Engine of the Silents, she spins round and shoots about 5 in a spinning circular motion without seeing where they are.

The Doctor has shown this power, like when he stepped between the rotor blades of the massive fan in the Eccleston episode of the Sol star going supernova.

N.V

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            In the myths, Merlin aged backwards, which is how he was able to tell the future.

The problem is I don't think River herself is moving backwards through time, it's just how she and the Doctor meet.
            I had to look it up as I've not heard that before. I can only find the reference to Merlin aging backwards in T H White's The Once and Future King. Unless someone knows of another source.

I agree though, I don't think River is solely moving backwards either.

Comment

Considering the fact that River said she "hates wizards from fairy tales, because they all end up being him [The Doctor]...and he HAS "aged backwards" with each regeneration being younger than the last, just about...

Comment

Merlin?

Hmmmmm.....
                In the 1989 story Battlefield, its already been addressed that the Doctor's future may very well be as Merlin.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Merlin?

Hmmmmm.....
                  The Doctor is Merlin, watch the 1989 serial "Battlefield", at some point, the future Doctor (probably 11) travels to an alternate dimension and acts as Arthur's advisor and becomes an enemy of Morganna, when she and her knights travel to our dimension, they meet an earlier incarnation of The Doctor (7) who has to bluff his way into finding out more about the war there fighting and eventually discovers a warning from his future self.

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  I think River might actually have some Timelady in her.

In the Time Engine of the Silents, she spins round and shoots about 5 in a spinning circular motion without seeing where they are.

The Doctor has shown this power, like when he stepped between the rotor blades of the massive fan in the Eccleston episode of the Sol star going supernova.
                  Did it ever occur to you those scenes were just cheesy cinema-esque director's choices?

"Ah, Human beings...always seeing patterns in things that arent there"

-The Eighth Doctor.
                  Last edited by Zarius; 01 May 2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

maybe river shoots the doctor since "she killed the best man she ever known????
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      maybe river shoots the doctor since "she killed the best man she ever known????
                      I doubt it for this reason - at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut, River is still locked away in a Stormcage Containment Facility for the death of whoever it is she killed as she revealed in The Time of Angels. If River was in the Astronaut gear and did kill the Doctor then the River on the beach that just escaped from the Stormcage and is watching from a distance along with Amy and Rory wouldn't have been surprised at what she saw because she's already been through it. Whoever River killed I don't think it was the Doctor and I don't think the Astronaut is River.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Maybe River
                        Spoiler:
                        kills Rory?

Not sure if this has already been bought up, but seeing as the Tardis is alive, I wonder whether Amy is pregnant with
                        Spoiler:
                        a Silent-Human hybrid (possibly the little girl?), the Tardis scans her, confirms she's pregnant, stops, forgets, rescans her, confirms she's pregnant, stops, forgets.... get the idea?

OK, I said I wasn't going to try and second guess The Moff, bahh, sod that

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          Maybe River
                          Spoiler:
                          kills Rory?
                          I'm starting to think that is a real possibility.

Comment

Wow what a ending! One of the season openers ever! For any show!

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SHOW SO FREAKIN MUCH!

Seriously, the episode had me tense and paying attention even during commercials...and the ending shocked me and punched me in the face I had trouble containing my amazement.

Comment

Did it ever occur to you those scenes were just cheesy cinema-esque director's choices?

"Ah, Human beings...always seeing patterns in things that arent there"

-The Eighth Doctor.
                              yes it had actually, then i just thought of one word.

Moffat.

That was enough

N.C

Comment

Wow, I leave for the day and 3 pages turn up when I get back lol
                                Reading all these theories on River and trying to process them all has seriously given me a headache lol, and theyve all kinda merged into one jumbled mess in my head that I cant understand...
                                I like the idea of River possibly killing Rory, because as someone said on this thread (sorry cant remember who) shes in prison when she recieves the envelope and thats in the future, so unless she has a really long sentence..., and as I said, why would she dress as the astronaut?, so Im kinda edging towards someone else apart from the Doctor, and River could be describing Rory, because he is a really good person to Amy (Sorry, I cant remember her exact words)

Comment

Working...
                                X