• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Spoiler:
    A child that regenerates?
    Spoiler:
    I was thinking that the child was Amy's The scan the doctor done at the end could determine it she was pregnant or not. We do not know what the effects of time travel would have on a pregnancy.

Comment

Preview clips from tomorrows episode Curse of the Black Spot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gqrv7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gqrsd

An interview with Hugh Bonneville

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...th_the_Captain

And finally, introducing the episode

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00grd0t

Comment

A new theory on the Doctors death scene.

What if the future Doctor had never been involved in the events of 1969, was being hunted by the Silence and whomever their boss is/the loosely affiliated big bad, thats why you saw the Doctor throughout history doing nothing to keep himself hidden, running from whomever would also explain why he said "i've been running faster than ever"

The future Doctor concocts a plan, to stop whomever, maybe the Time-girl could track the Doctor and/or the TARDIS with her Time-Lord radar thing, anyway, the plan involves bringing certain people together, River, Amy, Rory and Canton (god knows why if this is true) brings them all to one place to witness him sacrifice himself, to draw attention away from the fact he let his younger self know about the Silence before futre Doctor did, without actually yelling him.

The Doctor trusts himself most of all.

If you were gonna sacrifice yourself for just a fighting chance at altering the timeline without too much of a "brute-force" type of involvement, wouldnt you put your best man on the job?

So future Doctor sacrifices himself to allow his younger self and friends to discover the Silence on Earth before he did, thus allowing for a completely new chain of events that MAY NOT culminate in the Doctors death.

Much like how the Time-War was fought.

Thoughts?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post

What if the future Doctor had never been involved in the events of 1969, was being hunted by the Silence and whomever their boss is/the loosely affiliated big bad, thats why you saw the Doctor throughout history doing nothing to keep himself hidden, running from whomever would also explain why he said "i've been running faster than ever"

The future Doctor concocts a plan, to stop whomever, maybe the Time-girl could track the Doctor and/or the TARDIS with her Time-Lord radar thing, anyway, the plan involves bringing certain people together, River, Amy, Rory and Canton (god knows why if this is true) brings them all to one place to witness him sacrifice himself, to draw attention away from the fact he let his younger self know about the Silence before futre Doctor did, without actually yelling him.

If you were gonna sacrifice yourself for just a fighting chance at altering the timeline without too much of a "brute-force" type of involvement, wouldnt you put your best man on the job?

So future Doctor sacrifices himself to allow his younger self and friends to discover the Silence on Earth before he did, thus allowing for a completely new chain of events that MAY NOT culminate in the Doctors death.

Thoughts?

N.C
          Very intriguing theory. It certainly fits what little we've seen so far. It would be an interesting irony if what we're seeing right now is the "altered" timeline (as per your theory) and the Doctor's death was the timeline that was "supposed" to happen originally. Deliberately creating a paradox to change the timeline. It's supposed to be a no-no per the laws of time but it's just the sort of thing the Doctor would do to stop a massively insidious enemy like the Silence.
          sigpic

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
            Episode 3 - "The Curse of
            the Black Spot"

Today (07/05/11), 6:15pm on BBC1

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

this was a brilliant episode, especially the part with the silence hanging from the wall and the x marks appearing on amy's face!
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post

Thoughts?

N.C
                I like that.

It also fits in with Moffat's love for time paradoxes.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Just an after-thought, aside from the Doctors companions begging him to follow the lead up, he also received a Blue Letter himself, now we never saw what was written on the Doctors invitation, it definitely wasnt the same coordinates as the other 3 or the present-time Doctor would have watched the events of his future self.

The way the Doctor acted about who sent them made think he was acting a little bit(ironic) - what if future Doctor gave present Doctor some more information than the other three?

I cant guess at what it is, it was just the lines from the Doctor in Black Spot that made us all think he knew who and what Amy and Rory were keeping from him.

N.C

Comment

I have this iching feeling the Scilence may not be the bad guys....if we recall the event's of season 5 we heard over and over again "Scilence will fall" now in Day of the Moon the Scilence "fell" as it were...is it possible they were doing something to stop the big baddy yet to come?
                    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I had that same thought too, besides, the voice was different in the TARDIS before she went supernova.

BUT

The Silence in Day of the Moon also said this phrase, now why would you say your own race and ideology was going to fall unless you meant it in the play on words sense of "silence fell on a battlefield"

"Silence fell on the warring couple"

My theory now is that there is some kind of driving force behind the Silence, they have a Time-Engine, yet they dont build anything themselves, they leech.

They knew enough to manipulate the Doctor AND destroy the TARDIS, which is no mean feat, sure the Daleks could drop the TARDIS into a furnace but they couldnt blow it up from the inside out causing a total event collapse.

Something drew the TARDIS to Amy's time TO go supernova, but why Amy's time?

Something is also trying to perform some plan involving Time-Lord DNA, and as far as we know, the Time-War may be an integral part of this story.

What if there is a back door to through the timelock?

Too many thoughts aggghhh

N.C

Comment

Interesting episode. Creepy too, and I loved the late 60s adventure. It was also cool to see "Romo Lampkin" again.

I also wonder if the child who regenerated at the end is River Song...
                        Last edited by maneth; 05 June 2013, 07:00 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X