Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    Nope, she's still got be there at the opening of the Pandorica and go through the crash of the Byzantium, just the last time she kisses him. From this point on for her, he does not know who she is to him

Do we actually know River died? Did we see her body? If she was the girl, could she have regenerated after the Doctor saw her die?
    We saw her in that other world, where her other team mates were, so she could have been uploaded but also regenerated, but its unlikely that the little girl is her.

Who else thought the River jumping off the building and landing in the pool was a nice touch? Nice to see the swimming pool again.

Cant wait for the rest of this season now, more clifffhangers..., more answers... and more awesomeness!!

Also, at the end, the Doctor was doing a pregnancy scan on Amy, and it got a result but it didnt show us, what do we think the answer was, yes or no??

Comment

Nope, she's still got be there at the opening of the Pandorica and go through the crash of the Byzantium, just the last time she kisses him. From this point on for her, he does not know who she is to him
      That what I meant, I was talking about her future time line from this point forward is the exhibition and the Silence in the Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
        No, he still has to take her on one last trip before she embarks on her fateful mission to the library..remember, she doesnt know she's going to die there until her moment of self-sacrifice.
        Yes. But this is the last time she meats the doctor before that The Silence in the Library events.

The next time our doctor meets her will be sometime in her past from this point forward in the Doctor Timeline.

At least that what it seem like to me at the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Yes. But this is the last time she meats the doctor before that The Silence in the Library events.

The next time our doctor meets her will be sometime in her past from this point forward in the Doctor Timeline.

At least that what it seem like to me at the end of the episode.
          In Forest of the Dead River says 'Last time I saw you, the real you, the future you I mean, you took me to see the Singing Towers . . .' or something similar. They have more days ahead of them yet.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
            In Forest of the Dead River says 'Last time I saw you, the real you, the future you I mean, you took me to see the Singing Towers . . .' or something similar. They have more days ahead of them yet.
            She said the real you, I suspect that Doctor, Rory and Amy may not be themselves anyway, I am thinking they been reprogrammed to do the Silent bidding. Which would be a twist on those worlds. The real you is a strange use of words anyway.

An it can be use to make my theory right this is Song last time of seeing the Doctor before the Silent of the Library.

Comment

She said the real you, I suspect that Doctor, Rory and Amy may not be themselves anyway, I am thinking they been reprogrammed to do the Silent bidding.
              . . . So you think the Silence wanted the human race to revolt against them?
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Why not, it be a twist if that exactly what the silent wanted would not it. After all the moon landing was suppose to be all there idea, so why not the rest of it.

An what better than a enemy out smarting the Doctor for once.
                Last edited by knowles2; 30 April 2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Also, whos going to be the big bad of the season? It looks unlikely to be the Silence now, so who??
                  I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Silence because we still don't know why they were trying to destroy the entire universe in the S5 finale.

First, before I go into a bunch of theorizing, let me just say that I am SO happy about how they treated Rory's memories of 2,000 years. Because it allows him to have this weird character trait if he has the burden of remembering things every once in a while without having to completely redo his character because he is now a 2,000 year old man. If they'd just had him flat remember, I would have been complaining to no end because he would be a completely different character, wiser than any other human on the planet, certainly not your average joe hanging around a flat watching TV.

Like everyone else, my mind is blown, and as everyone pointed out there are a lot of unanswered questions, but let me try to put a few pieces together:

Theorizing

First of all, do the Silence have time-traveling abilities? I'm not sure we can make that assumption, and this is one of the most burning questions for me. I'm very confused about their technological ability. It was stated that they are parasites, and they needed to convince humans to go to the Moon just so they could gain the technology for a spacesuit, and yet they added all their own technology to make it a completely closed and self-sustaining unit--photosynthesis and everything. What? Could they really be capable of building their own Time Engine, or is that Lodger time engine something that they 'leeched' from another race?

Clearly the girl is very important to the Silence. As a Timelord, or at least someone with regeneration powers, could she be the one that they 'leech' the Lodger Tardis and time-travel technology from?

Clearly they were also interested in Amy, and said that she was part of their plans. I can see two theories regarding this, but I think #1 makes a lot more sense: 1) They were bringing to fruition in Amy this weird quantum pregnancy that evidently exists and doesn't exist at the same time according to Tardis sensors, or 2) After loosing the child, Amy was the next best thing for their purposes because of similar genetics?

Another clue that this episode gave us was the reveal that the Silence are capable of "post-hypnotic suggestion". I think most of us presumed in the Impossible Astronaut that, when the Silent told Amy to "tell the Doctor what he must know, and what he must never know" that he was talking about the older Doctor dying on the beach, and that Amy displaced that command to 'tell the Doctor' with the fact she was pregnant. Now, however, I believe that is exactly what the Silent wanted her to tell the Doctor.

Now given that in the White House restroom scene, the Silent didn't specifically didn't tell Amy to tell the Doctor that she was pregnant, than either they'd already impregnated her at that point (so back in 2011??) rather than when she was captured toward the end of the episode, if indeed the Silence are actually responsible for her pregnancy, or they'd already given her the post-hypnotic suggestion that she was pregnant even if she wasn't.

So, the bottom line:
                  It seems like the Silence have been setting up and cultivating Amy's pregnancy and the raising of this little girl. Which makes sense--that's what they do: they manipulate other species for their own benefit. But why? Is it so that the child will advance their technology to the point where they can explode the Tardis? What is their 'Silence Will Fall' endgame and why would they want to destroy the universe?

On the completely ridiculous side, I like to think that the Silence are serving the Master and that the little girl is his reincarnation. Yes, you heard me. The Master is planning to be birthed from the Doctor's companion. I mean, "the sound of drums" and "silence will fall"? Too perfect.
                  Last edited by sparklegem; 30 April 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I'm slightly leaning towards that. They did seem to want Silence to Fall after all, and it occurs to me that we never actually saw the characters working out that there was a monster which they couldn't remember or even what happened after Amy shot the spaceman. Given that that was the last time Amy knew she was pregnant, I'm thinking that the characters were given a lot of post-hypnotic suggestion.

Comment

Just want to add there may be no one in the suit, the suit could move by itself.
                      Sorry just seen this.

I actually thought this too, but it doesn't sit right if you rewatch - The Doctor turns to the astronaut when he confronts it and says 'It's okay - I know it's you.'

He gets shot moments later.

sigpic

Comment

I'm slightly leaning towards that. They did seem to want Silence to Fall after all, and it occurs to me that we never actually saw the characters working out that there was a monster which they couldn't remember or even what happened after Amy shot the spaceman. Given that that was the last time Amy knew she was pregnant, I'm thinking that the characters were given a lot of post-hypnotic suggestion.
                        Hmmm. It's a jump, but I'm still sceptic on this theory. I'll sleep on it.

sigpic

Comment

That's a really interesting idea. I do agree that there might be going on with the first 3 months of the episode where we were only shown brief jumps of scenes before they all ended up back in Area 51.

Can anybody answer the following for me: if the Doctor had the President's support the whole time, then why didn't he get Nixon to break him out of Area 51 so he and co. could have properly investigated who the Silence were with the Tardis instead of leaving said co. to run around for 3 months investigating themselves while he sat around (quite uncomfortably) in Area 51?

Comment

The first question should be how did he get to Area 51 in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                              That's a really interesting idea. I do agree that there might be going on with the first 3 months of the episode where we were only shown brief jumps of scenes before they all ended up back in Area 51.
                              Also, when did the Doctor end up in Area 51 and why? Why do they want the Silence to think Canton has turned against them?

Comment

That was amazing! What was up with Amy's pregnancy, the Tardis was saying positive and negative, could it be in flux?? Looks like no answers with next weeks episode though.

So that the last time Song shall meet the Doctor until the Library I am guesting.
                                Actually she has to meet him again in order to get the screwdriver.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X