Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatched the scene to make sure. Canton says 'The little girl?'

To which Nixon replies 'Boy.'

Nixon knows more than he is letting on. Just hope the Doctor got that info down on his makeshift journal when he was making notes.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post

Nixon knows more than he is letting on. Just hope the Doctor got that info down on his makeshift journal when he was making notes.
      Admittedly, he thinks the child is saying her name when she reads out the street signs, hence why he thinks its a boy.
      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
      sigpic

Comment

He replied "Boy" and then waited for what sounds like the child giving their name.. It sounds like he's just making an assumption based on the name. Jefferson isn't a girl's name after all.

And then The Doctor said it was definitely a girl's voice..

Comment

Yeah but the doctor later says Canton is right and it is a little girl.

Comment

Also, Amy says 'I remember!' when first confronted by the Silent in the restroom.

It must be something to do with the finale of last series, when the Doctor only returned to the universe when Amy remembered him (a memory that forced him back into existence). We know that the Silence were responsible, or at least took credit for, blowing up the TARDIS but if Amy knows something about them, hidden in the same place of her mind where the memory of the Doctor was (until she unleashed it at her wedding), then maybe it all revolves around her.

Also Moffat said in the series intro that 'They're about to fight a battle they've just forgotten about' which is a careful choice of words, which we know he's a genius at anyway. But I think something happened between Series 5 and 6 that is really relevant here (and I don't mean A Christmas Carol), or at least something happened in the Big Bang two at the end of last series that we weren't shown.

Also Moffat has to cover another hundred years of the Doctor's life in the next episode if he is going to solve the future Doctor's death (as he and River were a lot more up-to-date with each other's adventures then), unless of course he is saving it for the Autumn series finale - Meaning that we're gonna be drip fed throughout the series about it.

I did love the references to previous episodes and series;

"One day he'll look me in the eyes and he will have no idea who I am, and I think it'll kill me!" - Call out to River's first appearence in Series 4 with the Tenth Doctor

The Lodger machine (speculated to be a TARDIS or a makeshift TARDIS)
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Yeah but the doctor later says Canton is right and it is a little girl.
              So why would Nixon say it?

I really doubt it would even be in the dialogue if it weren't relevant someho, unless Nixon had some hearing deficiency in his presidency that is widely known in real life and Moffat was merely giving it a call out.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                He replied "Boy" and then waited for what sounds like the child giving their name.. It sounds like he's just making an assumption based on the name. Jefferson isn't a girl's name after all.

And then The Doctor said it was definitely a girl's voice..
                If that's true then I completely misinterpreted.

sigpic

Comment

So why would Nixon say it?

I really doubt it would even be in the dialogue if it weren't relevant someho, unless Nixon had some hearing deficiency in his presidency that is widely known in real life and Moffat was merely giving it a call out.
                  He assumes it's a boy because of the name. Jefferson Adams Hamilton. And it's relevant because it's how they find the location the girl is calling from.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    He assumes it's a boy because of the name. Jefferson Adams Hamilton. And it's relevant because it's how they find the location the girl is calling from.
                    Thanks. Understand it better now.

sigpic

Comment

Wow oh wow!!!!!! How cool was that!!!!! Shocks and questions aplenty!!!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Blimey! Only just saw it thanks to my satellite blinking out three minutes in, but wow!
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

The girl in the spacesuit.... She's clearly not big enough to fill a full size spacesuit. So any ideas about how she was walking in it?

Comment

I definately think this whole story wont be resolved in next weeks episode, I can see this setting up a whole lot of unanswered questions
                            So many funny lines in this episode, ncie to have some laughs in such a dark story
                            Also, nice to see River lending a helping hand in the Tardis again

I dont think Amy is pregnant, because this could be what the Silence wanted Amy to tell the Doctor about and when she came out, she only remembered she had to tell the Doctor something, also we saw River having the same symptoms too
                            I think it was just to get Amy away from the rest of the group, so the Silence could have a one on one with her

I dont think the Silences powers or relevance has been fully revealed, I think Moffat has a lot of tricks up his sleeve for them.
                            They are already awesome though, the ability to disintegrate someone, and make you forget about them as soon as you turn away from them. I wonder if their forgetting power works on the Doctor, hes the only one that hasnt seen him yet.
                            As someone else has said before me, I wonder how long theyve been around and whether theyve been influencing Earths development as no one would remember them

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Blimey! Only just saw it thanks to my satellite blinking out three minutes in, but wow!
                              Wow, unlucky!
                              I was worried id miss it, I got a cracking strom going on outside and my box was playing up, but it survived through the episode

Comment

Just going to point out that the machine that might be a TARDIS might not be a TARDIS after all. No one ever says that. What they do notice is that it's bigger on the inside and has a console device, but the Genesis Ark was bigger on the inside and we never saw inside of that. Maybe it had one too. Maybe it's a custom of all bigger-on-the-inside tech.

With that in mind and Moffat's wonderful ability to refer back to previous episodes . . . It's possible that the Lodger 'TARDIS' may in fact be a prison ship, a broken one from the looks of things, and that the Silence were an enemy in the Time War (perhaps like the Could Have Been King and his army of Never Were's). If they were a great enemy then it would explain two things;

1) How they managed to somehow control and blow up the TARDIS and . . .

2) How in one of the Series 6 trailers we hear a voice tell the Doctor: 'Fear me! I've killed hundreds of Time Lords!'

Of course that's a jump on my part, but I do love speculation after a good ol' DW series opener I missed it!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X