Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

This is a thread for those who have read the books to discuss them without spoiling things for those who have not.

I personally havent read them, but im going to. Can anyone tell me how many books or how far into the first book this season goes? Im planning on reading them between seasons and dont want to skip too far ahead and spoil the next season.
    sigpic

From what I understand, each book will get its own season, and the series is planning seven (or maybe eight) novels, and only five have been released.

Feel free to correct - I'm not well-versed.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      From what I understand, each book will get its own season, and the series is planning seven (or maybe eight) novels, and only five have been released.

Feel free to correct - I'm not well-versed.
      Pretty much. 7 novels, a season a novel, though the might have to do 2 seasons for a couple of the larger books.

Comment

I believe the plan is to have one season per novel. So far there are 4 books released with the 5th one, A Dance with Dragons, being released in July.

At the rate that GRRM is writing though, it looks like the HBO productions will catch up with the books before he releases the 6th one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          I believe the plan is to have one season per novel. So far there are 4 books released with the 5th one, A Dance with Dragons, being released in July.

At the rate that GRRM is writing though, it looks like the HBO productions will catch up with the books before he releases the 6th one.
          Yes, there will be 7 books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (short aSoIaF). Btw. can't wait for July 12 to finally start reading A Dance with Dragons (book 5)
          A little discours first, the aSoIaF books are organised in PoV chapters of the different characters.

As far as I know the TV series will be organised as followed:

The first season (10 episodes) will cover the events of A Game of Thrones.
          The second season (12 episodes) will cover the events of A Clash of Kings.
          The third and fourth season will cover the events of A Storm of Swords. The book is that long that it is impossible to be filmed in one season.
          The fifth and sixth (and possibly the seventh) season will cover the events of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. These two books are actually one book split in two. Some of the events are happening at the same time in both books and not all of the character's stories (PoVs) are told in AFFC, so they got shifted to ADWD.
          The eighth season will most likely cover the events of The Winds of Winter.
          The nineth and maybe tenth season would cover the events of A Dream of Spring.

So guess would be that there will be 9 to 10 season of the TV series. Hopefully, we'll get to see the whole story on the TV screen...
          sigpic
          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post

So guess would be that there will be 9 to 10 season of the TV series. Hopefully, we'll get to see the whole story on the TV screen...
            At least this puts a seven or eight year limit on when the next book comes out

Comment

Yes, there will be 7 books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (short aSoIaF). Btw. can't wait for July 12 to finally start reading A Dance with Dragons (book 5)
              A little discours first, the aSoIaF books are organised in PoV chapters of the different characters.

As far as I know the TV series will be organised as followed:

The first season (10 episodes) will cover the events of A Game of Thrones.
              The second season (12 episodes) will cover the events of A Clash of Kings.
              The third and fourth season will cover the events of A Storm of Swords. The book is that long that it is impossible to be filmed in one season.
              The fifth and sixth (and possibly the seventh) season will cover the events of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. These two books are actually one book split in two. Some of the events are happening at the same time in both books and not all of the character's stories (PoVs) are told in AFFC, so they got shifted to ADWD.

Hopefully hopefully hopefully!!! Would be sooooooo awesome if we got all 10!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                Im planning on reading them between seasons and dont want to skip too far ahead and spoil the next season.
                Just read this part and good luck with that. There is a reason I am waiting until the end of the exam period to start re-reading them again This will be the third time I've read them and I think I am looking forward to more than the first time. Although I am even more excited about July 12th rolling around (although I may have to rush through as the new dresden files book comes out in July too ).

Comment

Does anybody think Daenerys isn't Aerys daughter?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                    Does anybody think Daenerys isn't Aerys daughter?
                    Why do you think?
                    I read some theories that suggest that she could also be Rhaegar's daughter.
                    So she would be Jon Snow's half-sister. Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark are Jon's parents, according to another theory.

I guess, only George R.R. Martin knows for sure
                    sigpic

Comment

In case anyone is interested amazon has the first 4 books for $20
                      http://www.amazon.com/George-Martins...8-4&tag=vig-20

Comment

Why do you think?
                        So she would be Jon Snow's half-sister. Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark are Jon's parents, according to another theory.

I came across the theory that Tyrion is also related to them, and is the 3rd head of the three headed dragon. His father was the old kings hand so was around the family, it is possible that his wife had an affair with one of the dragon people, he has one violet eye, fascination with dragons and Tyrions fathers last words to him were "You are not my son" Also possible theory as to why he is deformed - Tyrions father gave his wife something to get rid of the baby because he found out it wasn't his, but it didn't really work

Comment

Why do you think?

Yeah, not much of a reason, just was rereading and thought the fact that she was born 9 mos after exile could mean something. I'd heard the Jon discussions too. I guess the Tyrion thing could make some sense, but I can't say I'm a big fan of that.

Anyway, just speculation, I don't generally like to even think about these things so I don't ruin a surprise down the line.

Comment

I had no idea these theories were circulating. They are all interesting, although the Tyrion one seems far fetched (given that this is fantasy though I wouldn't rule it out).

I hope GRRM has more surprises in store for us in the books to come.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Podcast of Ice and Fire reviewed Winter is Coming (GoT 1.01). This podcast contains spoilers for all books.
                              http://podcastoficeandfire.com/?p=153

Really funny and insightful podcast
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X