This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    "You're a unicorn" (contraction: you are = you're).

It's tiny grammatical and/or typographical errors like that that keep me from loving you, Gatefan1976, as much as I do Egle01. But that doesn't mean I don't love you, too.
    Considering the wife is an English teacher, you would think I would know better, don't you
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Actually, I think that is an incredibly common error.

The one that trips me up is "its" versus "it's", because you want "it's" to be the possessive, instead of the contraction for "it is", but of course, it's the other way around, and that is just annoying.
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Actually, I think that is an incredibly common error.

The one that trips me up is "its" versus "it's", because you want "it's" to be the possessive, instead of the contraction for "it is", but of course, it's the other way around, and that is just annoying.
        Hey, today I'm just going for the laugh, I think everyone could do with it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Hey, today I'm just going for the laugh, I think everyone could do with it
          I appreciate it! I must have secretly, in my heart-of-hearts, had a tiny glimmer of hope regarding an SGU movie left, since I'm absolutely crushed today.

But I think this will be an easier recover than when we first got the news of the cancellation in December - I've got a bit of a hardened heart at this point!

I am hoping that the season/series ending allows for me to have a nice "and then they continued on" sort of feeling about the Destiny, I think that would be the best type of ending for me. We shall see!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, no matter where you sit, wern't we all hoping for something, be we SG-1 fans, SGA fans or SGU fans.

As to the ending, if what I (and others) have heard is true, then I think SGU might just get one of the best endings out of any of the SG TV series.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey, no matter where you sit, wern't we all hoping for something, be we SG-1 fans, SGA fans or SGU fans.

As to the ending, if what I (and others) have heard is true, then I think SGU might just get one of the best endings out of any of the SG TV series.
              I've heard some rumors (am trying not to be spoiled), and I'm hopeful. And really, I enjoyed the show a great deal, was introduced to some fine actors I've never heard of before (and maybe will be seeing again soon, such as Jennifer Spence), got to see some actors I already knew and liked (Robert Carlyle), and got to see lots of really fine special effects (Destiny going into a sun? will never get old).

So it's all good!

Positivity is the key today.

Four more episodes to watch, a DVD boxed set to buy, good times ahead.
              sigpic

Comment

Both Jen Spence and Patrick Gilmore make apperances in Eureka........
                As do Michael Shanks and Zelenka
                sigpic

Comment

Both Jen Spence and Patrick Gilmore make apperances in Eureka........
                  As do Michael Shanks and Zelenka
                  Unfortunately, I don't like Eureka. It just seems to . . . silly? Goofy? I mean, it is cute, but not what I want. Not even my new-found and deep love for Patrick Gilmore or my long-term love for David Nykl (did I spell that right?) can get me to watch, sorry.

Edited to add:

You know, Zelenka would have been a cool character to have on Destiny. I always felt he had a deep and maybe dark innner life. Also, I love him.
                  sigpic

Comment

In case the internet fails, and Gateworld is no more, now would be a good time to tell you that I have great internet love for you. In a completely platonic and non-creepy, non-stalker-ish way, of course.
                    *feels the love* Thanks. Must say I totally fangirl you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      *feels the love* Thanks. Must say I totally fangirl you.
                      Ha!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themyst View Post
                        I still can't believe it. Now there is no good sci-fi space shows, is there? Stargate was just so perfect.
                        You can try "Doctor Who", I like it.

Comment

I have watched 2 eps of the new who, but it has not held my interest...

Comment

Hello Fellow Stargate fans,
                            My first post to the forums, had to be one related to this thread. STARGATE UNIVERSE is simply BRILLIANT. Just like Firefly, this series was shafted way too early and sadly that seems to be the case for too many shows. Of all the series.. 'A Stargate series cancelled????' SG-1 and Atlantis saw the show running for 13+ years. I'm amazed they couldn't fund just one more season of SG Universe to at the very least allow the writers and producers to present some kind of conclusion to the show. Even if they did a season 3 now and declared this would be the only remaining season to the show. At least that way the writers and producers would get a chance to present some kind of conclusion to the story.

As it stands the best we could all hope for is probably a TV movie in the vein of Stargate Arc Of Truth and Continuum. However for Stargate Universe I'm certain they would need to be pushy to get at least a 2.5hour movie or a ultimately a 3hour plus movie to allow the space required to do it properly. Having said that, I'd be happy with even a 90min story to give some sense of conclusion to the Stargate Universe series.

Earlier I mentioned Firefly and for good reason. It was the fans and sales of the DVD/Blurays etc that allowed for a Firefly movie('Serenity' if there's still some fans that havn't seen it yet). This could very well be the only route left for Stargate Universe.
                            Getting that terrific cast all back together could be a touch tricky.

How do fans feel about that idea? Getting together to promote SG-U and try to present a way for the current franchise copyright holders to consider a movie. I think it would probably have to be done by a third party with a license to allow the movie to go ahead(just going by the 'no plans for further Stargate in the foreseeable future' attitude of the current powers that be).

Stargate Universe is one of the most terrific SciFi series I've ever seen, I put it right up there with my personal favourites Blakes 7 and Firefly. (Stargate Atlantis comes in not far behind).

My favourite aspects of the series have been 'The KENO diaries' and the way they handle the tech on board the Destiny. I also enjoy seeing how they use the areas of the ship that are available to them and was really looking forward to a thorough exploration of the ship which I'm certain was coming in Season 3 if it was given the go ahead.

Does anyone know if there are 'lost episodes' of Stargate Universe? Eg, the continuing series was actually written but simply scraped with the plug was pulled? That would be most interesting to read. It would certainly make for a good seller to the multitudes of Stargate Universe fans out there.

Stargate Universe posed a realistic situation. It was an adult show, not a family/childrens show and I think that's been the only real issue that some fans of SG-1 and SG-Atlantis have had. Anything else I've read, clearly indicates they were not really watching the show and taking in the many aspects of it's rich drama and unique story telling.

Comment

Working...
                            X