No announcement yet.

The First Stargate Episode You Ever Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started with the feature length movie then saw Children of the Gods on it's first showing in the UK.

Comment

I think it was Christmas 2007, and I was in PA with my family and really really bored. I was pretty much in the house by myself at the time, and started flipping through channels. I caught a brief flash of Stargate: Atlantis' into and thought, "Hey, that looked cool!" before moving on. Well turns out, there was nothing to watch. So I flipped back and started watching Atlantis.

I think I was thirteen at the time. I'd already been a lifelong sci-fi fan (I'd hide under the bed and watch Star Trek when I was 5, even though my parents didn't want me to ), and I'd heard about Stargate from a Star Wars crossover fanfic I'd been reading, so I thought, "Hey, why not?"

The episode was Brotherhood. I thought it was awesome, even if I was a little confused. Turns out there was a Stargate marathon that night. There was one more Atlantis episode on after that, I think the Siege, Part 1, and then there were a whole bunch of SG-1 episodes. I think I stayed up until 5 AM that night, and watched like 10 episodes.

Hooked ever since.

Comment

Air Pt2

But before that I had seen bits of Tao of Rodney
        sigpic

Comment

My very first episode was a rerun of Solitudes. I pretty much had no idea what I was watching, but I was intrigued (and consequently was a penguiny shipper before I even knew they were an acknowledged ship...) and a few days later ended up catching most of Revisions. Big gap, I know, but oh well...

Then I was turned onto Atlantis by another Marine, watched many of the earlier, better episodes before making the slide over to SG-1. Watched SG-1 mostly on Hulu, started investigating AT's other filmography, realized she was doing Sanctuary, and then pretty much became a fan of both simultaneously.

It's a convoluted way of being turned onto a series that has slowly come to mean a lot to me, but to be honest I don't think I gave much thought to SG-1 until I caught some of Sam's episodes on Atlantis.

I wish I had gotten into it earlier. Like, when it was still airing. I don't think I knew the 'verse existed until I saw an ad for Continuum on SciFi--because it was still SciFi back then, if I'm not mistaken-- while I was on vacation (we didn't have cable in my house until about a year ago, and before that I wasn't allowed to watch TV period until I was a junior in high school).

That said, I did watch the '94 film as a kid. Watched it so many times I got sick of it. Shoulda warned me right then and there that I was fated to become a 'gater.

Comment

I saw the movie first on a rented VHS tape. I was not actually aware that the series existed until I caught it on SYFY several years after it had started. I think the first episode was the one in season 6 when they find the frozen ancient woman in Antartica.

Comment

Not sure if it was the.first, but its the first that stick...cor'ai, tealc gets charged for crimes commited whilst in service to apophis.
              Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

I saw "Forsaken" on TV just few years back, i had no clue what the show was, just that it was some sci-fi, and i remember seeing the part where Carter is fixing the ship, and then the scene with O'neill and Teal'c running after the alien. About a year ago my friend wouldn't shut up about this great sci-fi show he knew, thank god he didn't, and got me watching too (Now just finished 4th time through all 3 series)

Comment

Originally posted by aKxKarmaX View Post
                  I saw "Forsaken" on TV just few years back, i had no clue what the show was, just that it was some sci-fi, and i remember seeing the part where Carter is fixing the ship, and then the scene with O'neill and Teal'c running after the alien. About a year ago my friend wouldn't shut up about this great sci-fi show he knew, thank god he didn't, and got me watching too (Now just finished 4th time through all 3 series)
                  I love this site... It is the only places we can boast about how many times we've watched stargate, and not get ridiculed.. I honestly couldn't tell you hoe many times I've.seen sg1 andsga, sgu, I've only seen the first season twice, but I haven't seen all of season two yet.!!!! On the plus side sky is showing sgu each week so ill just keep recording till the end and have myself a wee marathon.. its almost done.I said
                  Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

I think it was 'Message in a Bottle' - but in German, the German voices don't really fit IMO.
                    But I recognized RDA and that was my start with SG1 - it was only some years ago, so I watched a rerun of a rerun I think. I bought the DVDs then.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Working...
                    X