The First Stargate Episode You Ever Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First Stargate Episode You Ever Saw

This very well could already have been done, but I searched long and hard to no avail. Forgive me if it's a repeat.

What is the very first Stargate episode you ever watched, and what was your reaction?
    (i.e. Were you an immediate fan or did it take some convincing?)
    sigpic
    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Started with the movie originally and loved it. When it came out on TV a few years later, loved it from the start as I watched 'Children of the Gods' when it first aired on television but must admit I was (at the time) disappointed Kurt Russell and James Spader didn't return. Loved it then, been watching it ever since.

sigpic

Comment

Movie in the cinema, then watched the pilot on tv and loved it. was like 5,6,7 at the time. Thanks to Australian channles not showing the show very well, missed a few but caught up eventually.

Comment

I have yet to see the movie...looks like I'll have to at some point. My first was the last ten or so minutes of A Matter of Time, which I happened to see without knowing a thing about the show. It was the part where O'Neill and Cromwell were planting the explosive, and I was dreadfully confused. It made so much more sense after watching the first season first....
        sigpic

Comment

the original movie which was amazing! but episodes:

sga: rising. last year my roommate told me i probably would like stargate. so i decided to start with Atlantis since it was shorter then sg-1. i loved the pilot so much that i ended up watching all three shows (sgu currently).
          sigpic

Comment

The Movie first and then CotG after. Love the 'Gate
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

"Children of the Gods".
              sigpic

Comment

I saw the tale end of an episode a long time ago, they jumped through the Stargate and closed the Iris behind them. Must have been an early episode. In any case, I thought, that looks neat. Fast forward 10 years, I saw Hulu had 7 seasons of it, looked interesting, watched CotG. Hooked.

Comment

the fourth horseman. part 2.

Then i got into it and actually started watching. I was only a star trek fan before. now i like: sg1, sga, sgu, star wars, star trek (all of them)

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
                    the fourth horseman. part 2.
                    An interesting one to start with. Did it make any sense?

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
                    Then i got into it and actually started watching. I was only a star trek fan before. now i like: sg1, sga, sgu, star wars, star trek (all of them)
                    Yes, they're all great.
                    sigpic

Comment

I started with the movie and think it was Children of the gods I started with for the series.

Comment

Lost City.

Comment

I saw the movie, loved the idea of the gate and the links of aliens to Ancient Egypt.

Had no idea it it was made into a TV series until I happened to tune into a rerun of the first season episode 'The Broca Divide' in 1998 whilst channel surfing. I was hooked straightaway and caught up on what I'd missed by buying the first season on VHS, then couldn't wait for the second season to start!

The rest is history, I'm an avid fan for life now.

Comment

It was the first episode, uncensored on daytime TV on Channel 4 in the UK. Not sure when that would have been though, I think we were quite a bit behind the US back then.

Comment

I saw the original movie when I was about 9. I was doing an assignment on ancient Egypt at the time so it took my interest, or at least the guards with the dog heads did.

I knew about the series but didn't watch it. Then a few years back started to watch it but not pay much attention to it. Then I started to pay maybe a little bit more attention when season nine aired. I only got really obsessed in January this year.

I don't think my interests last more than a couple of years but I think I'll like Stargate for a long time. I've certainly spent a lot of money on the merchandise.
                              My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X