How about SGU webisodes spin-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about SGU webisodes spin-off?

In order for MGM to assess SGU's popularity, can't they commission SGU webisodes with different characters we haven't seen about another storyline. Would that be possible? it could be a prequel or something different. The actors wouldn't be the ones who are in SGU, other people like BAG for instance.
    sigpic

Kino-sodes are enough, and how would different actors and different storyline help SGU?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      how would different actors and different storyline help SGU?
      This.

Comment

That would be cool, and it's better than nothing. The sets are still up. They could get atleast some ad revenue online from it. Or make it exclusive to Hulu or something. New actors would be wicked cheap.

Comment

I don't mind this tbh, I actually really like this. Set up a couple of "webisodes" or "Kino-sodes" that are set sometime after the Season 2 cliffhanger, just to show the development of the characters into the future. Could be one or two years into the future. Doesn't have to give details of how the cliffhanger was resolved cause I admit that would be cheap and a major cop out.

More like an alternate future that may have happened or could have happened, just to give a little bit of closure to the characters rather than the story. With the focus on showing how character relations have grown. A graphic novel would be a better medium in concluding the plot points of the show.

Reminds me a bit of Lost's epilogue episode "The New Man in Charge" which gave a little insight to the future direction of some key characters.

It could bring things full circle to the kino-sodes of season 1 and help fans speculate to the future of the crew. Just anything really that would take advantage to the sets still being up.

For a character centric show, it should end with the focus on the characters tbh.

Comment

Where's the revenue going to come from?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Where's the revenue going to come from?
              the paypal button on the upper right corner
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Joe Mallozzi has already said that webisodes are not one of the options being considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                  Joe Mallozzi has already said that webisodes are not one of the options being considered.
                  Which is why we are considering it here. And I don't think Mallozzi will be the spokesman for all things stargate anymore, he moved on. We have to wait for an article announcing how they plan to move forward like back in the old days.
                  Last edited by Duneknight; 09 April 2011, 04:36 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

True enough, but back when he said that, he was not fully involved in the Transporter TV series. He is also privy to far more information than we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X