Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU "The Complete Final Season" DVD Announced for Region 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also still waiting for the Blu-Ray. Such a shame. DVD only is a waste. For them to author the blu-ray version of Season 2 couldn't cost much more than the DVD already did.

Shame on you MGM.

Comment

I am hoping they will do an sgu collection in bd even if that means I have to effectively buy s1 again, I wont care. That said I think many companies decide that oh well our show got cancelled no one will buy our blu ray here is a dvd set to make some more cash in.

ugh its worse in SGU's case as they had season 1 on BD! then for some reason decided well no one will want season 2 on blu ray even those who got the first season the dvd will be fine............. NO IT IS NOT!

also I dont have access to netflix or hulu as I am not from North America so I can't even stream them in HD >.<

This is one of those first world problem that will continue to rustle my jimmies!
      sigpic

Comment

Just been digging through Season One's extras. I can't believe how much hidden goodies get dished in the commentaries. Plus the Kino diaries really give a unique take on life within Destiny. I do hope that something works out, especially for blu-ray owners. SGU could find a neat home on any SG fans shelves. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by spratty View Post
          Still not Blu ray :-( such a waste on such a visually stunning show
          I totally agree. I'll buy both seasons of SGU when they both come out on Blu-ray.
          Watching the second season in DVD quality would be disappointing.

Comment

Me thinks that you will never buy SGU then
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by duffarama View Post
              I totally agree. I'll buy both seasons of SGU when they both come out on Blu-ray.
              Watching the second season in DVD quality would be disappointing.
              If you have Netflix the HD streaming looks better than the DVDs.

That said the season 2 DVD's have amazing special features. Ivon outdid himself
              sigpic

Comment

I started watching SGU, but never finished the series. (I think I caught the first 4 or 5 eps.) Now I'm wondering whether I want to watch the show on Netflix now or go ahead and buy the DVDs. The extras sound pretty great!

My big question - if I haven't seen the full series, should I wait to listen to the commentaries until after I've watched all the eps? Or can I watch an episode and then go back and watch with commentary right after? Anyone know if there's lots of spoiler talk in the commentaries?

Thanks in advance!

**EDITED TO ADD**
                Apparently SGU is no longer available on Netflix Streaming. That means I'll just have to buy the DVDs. But I still would love to know people's opinions about whether I should watch the full series first before listening to episode commentaries or if I can listen to them immediately following watching that particular episode.

Thanks!
                Last edited by meredithchandler73; 17 February 2014, 04:21 AM. Reason: New info
                sigpic
                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

OK, I watched the whole series when it first aired but, if I was in your situatation I would watch each season first before watching the extras. I then enjoyed going through the discs when I bought them to see if there were commentaries for my favourite episodes, and which ones had my favourite actors discussing an episode. I especially liked the 'making of' sections and the Kino diaries, some of them are hilarious and I think are more fun to watch once you get to know the characters through watching the first season.

You have a treat ahead of you watching SGU for the first time. Stick with it, it will pay off in the second season.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I had already gone ahead and ordered the DVDs (they should be arriving today!) but I still wasn't sure what order to watch/listen to everything. I will take your advice and watch a full season before listening to any commentaries or watching extras.

I'm thinking I won't be getting a lot of sleep for the next week or two.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

FYI, as of today, every Stargate Series is available for streaming via Amazon Prime.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        Thanks for your reply. I had already gone ahead and ordered the DVDs (they should be arriving today!) but I still wasn't sure what order to watch/listen to everything. I will take your advice and watch a full season before listening to any commentaries or watching extras.

I'm thinking I won't be getting a lot of sleep for the next week or two.

It was aired thusly... sg1 for 7 full seasons, 1-7, ending in "Lost city, 1 and 2". Then, Season 8 episodes 1 and 2, and then continuity for atlantis kicks in, so watch SG1 up through season 8 episode 2, and then start Atlantis, and rotate sg1, atlantis, sg1, atlantis. Stargate Universe happens just after the end of Atlantis, so wait on that one. If you watch them again after that I find it enjoyable to do sg1 sn1 ep1, Atlantis sn1 ep1, Universe sn1 ep1, and play it out. You are in for a treat.

Comment

Working...
                        X