Should the bomb explode or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the bomb explode or Not

As the ending was left wide open, at least for now, I was just wondering what people think should happen, should the bomb destonate and destroy Washington or should the scientist and Senator successfully disarm the bomb.

I personally think the first option would create a much more interesting Earth and much more interest stories down the road. And the second option is a bit more boring.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    I personally think the first option would create a much more interesting Earth and much more interest stories down the road.
    Down what road? [/partypooper]

I'm thinking it's going to be the second option. With HWC destroyed, no working stones, the crew on Destiny - how could a story about it be told?
    sigpic

Comment

Nah, it shouldn't. SGU is Destiny's story, not Earth's. Dealing with Earth's response to intragalactic terrorism is a little outside its purview.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Something tells me that blowing up Washington is not in play.

Comment

I think the open ending is quite nice though. It leaves you wondering a bit wether the writers would be so bold as to actually blow washington up or not and we won't know untill the next episode.

While I doubt they will, it certainly makes it a bit more tense for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
            I think the open ending is quite nice though.
            I also liked it. There was no clear answer, and without the stones, the crew really has no idea what's going on back home. That should add some concern and tensions.
            sigpic

Comment

It would be an interesting development if the bomb were to explode, but I guess the ramifications would be too great.

Spoiler:
              And since the stones are used in "Hope" and "Seizure", I think it's a good bet it didn't explode.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Was it said that bomb could destroy all of Washington or no ?

Comment

I am pretty sure those werent the only Stones they had, so it is still possible to blow Washington off the map and still have a working connection later.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

They might still have those 2 stones left they used in "citizen Joe" ( that's what the episode was called, right? ) in SG-1

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    Was it said that bomb could destroy all of Washington or no ?
                    Well.. a Naquadah bomb will destroy an area for miles around and naquadriah is even more unstable. It'd probably blow a small chunk out of the planet. I believe they said the force was several megatons.

Comment

It's about time someone made a dent in Earth's impenetrable safe buble. It would bother me a little that from all the villains that existed in the stargate universe(no pun intended) this would be achieved by those space pirates but hey, it would still be awesome. This show is about relistism(suposedly) and the truth is Earth should have been wiped out by Apophys at the end of season one. It's about damn time Earth's luck should run out. I'm all iin for KABOOM
                      "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

I never assumed that the bomb went off, but it was good to see that the Destiny crew didn't know one way or the other. A bit more tension for them.
                        sigpic

Comment

I kind of like the ambiguatory that came with the Lucian Alliance attack. Something different
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I believe they said it was a 70 mega ton bomb, the biggest one ever set off on earth is below 50 megatons I believe.

Hourisima was about 500 kilo ton.

So the bomb would have left a rather big crater, I am pretty sure only the people with access to jets would have got out of the blast range quick enough. .

I am also pretty sure the stones in Washington are not the only ones on Earth. They just the only ones being using and turned on.

Why I agree the writers probably do not have the balls to destroy Washington it would be been great if they did and it would certainly make the Lucian alliance a far bigger threat than the Go 'ould were ever. An I also feel that earth needs to be taken down a notch or two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              They might still have those 2 stones left they used in "citizen Joe" ( that's what the episode was called, right? ) in SG-1

Well.. a Naquadah bomb will destroy an area for miles around and naquadriah is even more unstable. It'd probably blow a small chunk out of the planet. I believe they said the force was several megatons.
                              I'm pretty sure those were destroyed when Daniel and Vala were using them to communicate with the Ori galaxy. Of course they could have found more between Citizen Joe and the beginning of season 9.
                              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X