This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love It or Leave It

I was dismayed to see that a new thread concerning last nights episode of Stargate SG-1 had been totally deleted. The reason being given was that this subject had already been covered in recent discussions and that it would clutter up the site. I feel the viewers of this episode had a right to discuss this episode. While the topic may be old hat, the episode was new to a lot of people, therefore the thread shouldn't have been deleted. I was under the impression that the reason for this site was to get input from the viewers, whether that be good or bad. How else will the brass know what their doing right or wrong and how to fix it? You need to take the bad with the good in order to create a quality show.

If you want to talk about last night's episode, there is a specific thread for it here
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abodie
      I was dismayed to see that a new thread concerning last nights episode of Stargate SG-1 had been totally deleted. The reason being given was that this subject had already been covered in recent discussions and that it would clutter up the site. I feel the viewers of this episode had a right to discuss this episode. While the topic may be old hat, the episode was new to a lot of people, therefore the thread shouldn't have been deleted.
      We close threads when they are an exact duplicate of an existing thread. The link in SueKay's post goes to a thread where you can post about last night's ep to your heart's content. It's only a month old so it's not Old Hat, and since the eps themselves don't change there's no reason for it ever to become out of date.

We have 5,000 members, and more than a quarter of a million posts. When we close a thread or move one, or merge threads or redirect people to an existing thread it isn't meant as a criticism, or a punishment, or a dressing down. It's just what we do in order to keep the forum navigateable and useable for all our members.

(My very first thread that I started on this board - when we were getting it ready to be opened to the public - was closed or merged or moved or something by another Mod because it was exactly the same sort of thing as another thread that had already been made. It happens all the time and it's not a big deal )

Madeleine
      GateWorld Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
      X