Now I'm really mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    No doubt! Someones gonna have to come up with some kind of duty roster... anybody on here know any medical training? we're gonna need a medic. And what other specialties are we gonna need?
    Put me in one of those ancient space suits and give me an assault rifle and I'll have your supercommando position filled. I also can provide your dry comic relief position. And I am willing to provide your heroic sacrifice quota so long as I also get the resurrected next season position.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

I know I can't expect gold like this ep every week, but man after watching most of Season 2 I just get more upset when I think of the tripe they dished out in the first half of Season 1. It really did seem like a marathon runner misjudging when to make the break and coming up short.

TPTB really only have themselves to blame unfortunately.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        "I'm going to go mad, and I'm taking you with me" - Vala Mal Doran - "Unending"
        Love that line. Course I am already mad.

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
          Same here..im haveing a hard time thinking what to say.
          Happy to know we’re on the same page, thank you… It bothers me that SGU was not given more time. Shakespeare wrote some unlikeable characters (Julius Caesar), yet everyone respects Shakespeare. I think that Brad Wright and Co. gave us “human” characters to whom we can relate. Scott was raised as a Christian. Greer thought that nothing compared to “going out” into God’s most powerful creation, a star. Young struggled with the consequences of an affair. Rush lost the love of his life, his wife. Destiny lost track of time on its journey to find mankind’s most important discovery. Our characters must find peace of mind before they are worthy of finding Destiny’s final mission. Hence my previous allusion to the place of a “philosopher-king” on Destiny. When flawed characters discover courage, wisdom, moderation and justice within themselves, they become worthy of the mission. The moment one questions one’s upbringing/foundation a new chapter to one’s life begins. I see this as an opportunity for the “philosopher-king” to emerge and to lead..

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            Not a problem - I'm sure there is room, right Perelandra? We will bring supplies, if you like. Food, wine, beer, champagne, whatever you need.
            You betcha- there's plenty of room, you and Egle and anyone else who wants to come, can come !

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
              Can I come? I'm a fairly decent cook.. and I can bake? And we're gonna be living on Destiny, right? lol
              Right !
              Your all invited!

Comment

Originally posted by eidos View Post
                Happy to know we’re on the same page, thank you… It bothers me that SGU was not given more time. Shakespeare wrote some unlikeable characters (Julius Caesar), yet everyone respects Shakespeare. I think that Brad Wright and Co. gave us “human” characters to whom we can relate. Scott was raised as a Christian. Greer thought that nothing compared to “going out” into God’s most powerful creation, a star. Young struggled with the consequences of an affair. Rush lost the love of his life, his wife. Destiny lost track of time on its journey to find mankind’s most important discovery. Our characters must find peace of mind before they are worthy of finding Destiny’s final mission. Hence my previous allusion to the place of a “philosopher-king” on Destiny. When flawed characters discover courage, wisdom, moderation and justice within themselves, they become worthy of the mission. The moment one questions one’s upbringing/foundation a new chapter to one’s life begins. I see this as an opportunity for the “philosopher-king” to emerge and to lead..
                You didn't just compare Brad Wright to Shakespeare?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                  I have to say.. This episode was more like the Stargate I know.

Sad, it took a whole 1.5 seasons to get here.

Klaxxon
                  right you are (some episodes in first season were not that bad, (say 5 or so - rest? boring rubish IMHO)

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I know I can't expect gold like this ep every week, but man after watching most of Season 2 I just get more upset when I think of the tripe they dished out in the first half of Season 1. It really did seem like a marathon runner misjudging when to make the break and coming up short.

TPTB really only have themselves to blame unfortunately.
                  yeah, right - first season was a load of dung mostly (even worse then SG-1 season one and no one can tell me season one of SG-1 was good (yes, it had some nice episodes, but on the whole it was not good))

well about "being mad" - well i am mad that they "destroyed" SGA for this trash and now that they have done that (unforgivable IMHO) they trash this, too, just when it starts getting better, sorry but the bosses of Scifi (will never call it by that "new" and silly looking name they coined) should get what is coming to them (scifi should go bankrupt, with them being blamed and maybe incarcerated for it)

so yeah, i am pretty mad, see

greetings the unhappy LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Dregun View Post
                    What I seemed to love about the show so many others seemed to hate. I liked that they created these characters who had such conflicting personalities. I liked that at some point you realized you had the complete misconception of who someone really was because all you saw was what was on the surface. I liked the fact that the first half of the first season had them trying to get certain aspects of the ship working/fixed (air scrubber, water, food etc etc).

I liked all of that because it allowed me as a viewer to not only connect with the crew but the ship as well. It has shown that both the crew and ship are incredibly resilient and when push comes to shove "earth" isn't as important as that ship is. We learn things about the ship at the same pace the crew does..slowly. It keeps it a mystery and allows for a real sense of emergency when something does go wrong.

STNG had a ship that wasn't very special, granted it was the pride of the fleet but nothing about it wasn't something most engineers and the like had to deal with before. When something didn't work it wasn't a question of "how do we fix it" but more of "who can fix it".

I just don't think a lot of the viewers who tuned out of the show really understood what they were watching. If everything about Destiny was made to be "easy" and the characters didn't struggle with what they were going through the only thing left to watch for is substandard plots tied together by mindless action sequences. I want to be challenged when I watch a scifi show, once I feel I'm smarter then the writers I lose interest.
                    AMEN to that.

What I like about the show is that as a viewer, you've got to work as hard as the crew to keep up. It's intelligent and demanding. The characters interact as any group of randomly thrown together bunch of people would. It's real people we can relate to with human reactions, only put into not so average situations.

This episode as just amazingly clever and cleaned up all threads it left for itself. You can't have two of the same people; no two Telfords, no two Rushes (although that was FUN), and sure enough, that paradox got solved.

Comment

I'm down for the technician role. Hydraulics/pneumatics, mechanical, electrical - I can fix anything. Plus, I've got a bit of a dark side.

Peace out real world. My denial and I are taking a one-way ticket to fantasyville.

Comment

Working...
                      X