Now I'm really mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    Can I come? I'm a fairly decent cook.. and I can bake? And we're gonna be living on Destiny, right? lol
    People who can cook are always welcome in my universe, and than we can all weep together for SGU with a big bottle of some alcoholic something.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
      yes.. In my dream there is a season 3 as well.. -.-
      In my dream ten Seasons!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
        In my dream ten Seasons!
        ten seasons...
        and a spin-off only dedicated to RUSH....!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you guys will be renting a cabin on the 'Faith' planet...

Comment

What I seemed to love about the show so many others seemed to hate. I liked that they created these characters who had such conflicting personalities. I liked that at some point you realized you had the complete misconception of who someone really was because all you saw was what was on the surface. I liked the fact that the first half of the first season had them trying to get certain aspects of the ship working/fixed (air scrubber, water, food etc etc).

I liked all of that because it allowed me as a viewer to not only connect with the crew but the ship as well. It has shown that both the crew and ship are incredibly resilient and when push comes to shove "earth" isn't as important as that ship is. We learn things about the ship at the same pace the crew does..slowly. It keeps it a mystery and allows for a real sense of emergency when something does go wrong.

STNG had a ship that wasn't very special, granted it was the pride of the fleet but nothing about it wasn't something most engineers and the like had to deal with before. When something didn't work it wasn't a question of "how do we fix it" but more of "who can fix it".

I just don't think a lot of the viewers who tuned out of the show really understood what they were watching. If everything about Destiny was made to be "easy" and the characters didn't struggle with what they were going through the only thing left to watch for is substandard plots tied together by mindless action sequences. I want to be challenged when I watch a scifi show, once I feel I'm smarter then the writers I lose interest.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
              Sounds like you guys will be renting a cabin on the 'Faith' planet...
              Nah, we've found a way to access one of the Alternate Timeline Destinies from "Time" where everyone died... now we just need to clean out the bodies... Um.. guess we need to add Undertaker/Mortician to the list of jobs!

Originally posted by Dregun View Post
              What I seemed to love about the show so many others seemed to hate. I liked that they created these characters who had such conflicting personalities. I liked that at some point you realized you had the complete misconception of who someone really was because all you saw was what was on the surface. I liked the fact that the first half of the first season had them trying to get certain aspects of the ship working/fixed (air scrubber, water, food etc etc).

I liked all of that because it allowed me as a viewer to not only connect with the crew but the ship as well. It has shown that both the crew and ship are incredibly resilient and when push comes to shove "earth" isn't as important as that ship is. We learn things about the ship at the same pace the crew does..slowly. It keeps it a mystery and allows for a real sense of emergency when something does go wrong.

STNG had a ship that wasn't very special, granted it was the pride of the fleet but nothing about it wasn't something most engineers and the like had to deal with before. When something didn't work it wasn't a question of "how do we fix it" but more of "who can fix it".

I just don't think a lot of the viewers who tuned out of the show really understood what they were watching. If everything about Destiny was made to be "easy" and the characters didn't struggle with what they were going through the only thing left to watch for is substandard plots tied together by mindless action sequences. I want to be challenged when I watch a scifi show, once I feel I'm smarter then the writers I lose interest.
              Very well said. And oh so very true!

Comment

No doubt! Someones gonna have to come up with some kind of duty roster... anybody on here know any medical training? we're gonna need a medic. And what other specialties are we gonna need?
                *raises hand*

I've studied agriculture, maybe I can grow something better-tasting than their 'tomatos'
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                  *raises hand*

I've studied agriculture, maybe I can grow something better-tasting than their 'tomatos'
                  Awesome!! So we've got Cook (me) and Hydroponics covered. Oh, but we ALL get to take turns sitting in the big chair

BTW, Cairistiona, I REALLY love your sig. I saw it a while back in another thread and wanted to comment on it but.. it kinda slipped my mind!

Comment

Awesome!! So we've got Cook (me) and Hydroponics covered. Oh, but we ALL get to take turns sitting in the big chair

BTW, Cairistiona, I REALLY love your sig. I saw it a while back in another thread and wanted to comment on it but.. it kinda slipped my mind!
                    Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

"I'm going to go mad, and I'm taking you with me" - Vala Mal Doran - "Unending"

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        "I'm going to go mad, and I'm taking you with me" - Vala Mal Doran - "Unending"
                        HAHA! I *LOVED* that line!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          after watching that episode i'm too mad at syfy for cancelling it. that was one of the first episodes that i insteatly loved and hope to be able to rewatch (if its hulu).
                          It is.. i watched it around 2 hrs ago)..

That, for me, really was an important moment. The look on Rush's face was so . . . it meant something to him, Young saying that. And they really had to go through a lot to get to where they are now.
                          Looks like they both are really meaning the "Do this together", that they promised each other in greater good.

My favorite part was when Rush said it would have more weight if Young stood up there with Rush, and he did. And when Greer went straight up and volunteered to be with Rush and Young, that was amazing. And it would have meant nothing to me if I didn't see the relationship with Rush and Greer and Rush and Young. This is the type of TV i have wished to see for a long time.
                          The only reason i felt greer stayed is cause he still doesn't trust Rush.. and felt someone needed to be there to keep him in check. Heck to me the telling part was when brody went up but not volkar..

Comment

I have to say.. This episode was more like the Stargate I know.

Sad, it took a whole 1.5 seasons to get here.

Klaxxon

Comment

Originally posted by Dregun View Post

really well said, those are the things I liked as well
                              a shame I can't green you!
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                Looks like we'll get our minimum of 10 or 12 volunteers in no time.
                                +1.

Don't know, whether I have any interesting abilities, I can cook (as long as no animals are includet), and I know to make tools out of stones (well, don't think, it's something important , doubt that, tbh)

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                really well said, those are the things I liked as well
                                a shame I can't green you!
                                I'm with you here. Done!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X