Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Okay, I've been shipping of them since the pilot!! They actually are quite cute together I think and I don't think I've seen any websites dedicated to them! How awful! I'd start one, but yeah, I'm not very good at that.

SPOILERS FOR THE EYE

Their shippyness came through alot in THE EYE, I think. Did he have his arm around in when they were outside??? I think they did! They looked very cute together. Torri Higginson said she thought Weir had a thing for McKay in the Secrets of the Stargate!!!

Anyway, anybody else see it??
    Last edited by Erin; 06 February 2005, 07:04 AM. Reason: changing title

I saw some definite ship potential, both in the Eye and in some later eps. But I can also see it as a case of Torri freezing to death and David trying to make sure she didn't slur her lines and force them to redo the scene.

Still, I find McKay/Weir far less objectionable than Weir/Shep.

I'm a bit surprised there's no McKay/Weir ship thread yet. With a little creative rewording of your subject line, this could be the official home for it.

BTW, spoiler tags are a better way for dealing with spoilers. [ spoiler] your text here.[ /spoiler] Just remove the spaces in the brackets and you're golden.

Me, I'd be inclined to keep McKay for myself, but that's probably better for the McKay Thunk Thread.

Welcome to the forum and all. Er... 40 posts into it...

Comment

hmmm wasnt there a thread for mckay/weir someplace.. (may have gotten burried) i could have sworn i saw one

Spoiler:
      the way he stood in front of her to protect Liz from Koyla..that was kinda sweet of him.. also the way they worked together as well..

there are a few yahoo groups out there dedicated to the weir/mckay ship.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/weirmckayship/ <--- lots of fun too... we have weekly chats and discussions ect... fics are welcome as well
      sigpic

Comment

YES, Mckay/Weir forever. Since the beginning I thought they would make a hilarious but brilliant couple. My one friend is their massivest shipper.
        Spoiler:
        I was squealing SO much in The Eye, although there was also Weir/Sheppard in it, which I also for some reason whollly support.

I thought it was brilliant in the new Lowdown where Torri Higginson (Weir) said "I don't know, I think she's got something for McKay... something about his belly?" hahah, I don't know about hte whole belly thing, but still.

I would most definately also keep McKay for myself (Canada pride!) but alas, (spoilers for The Gift)
        Spoiler:
        He's with that Kate Heitmeyer or whatever...
        Oh well, I can put a fix to that... *grins evilly while rubbing hands together in an evil fashion. and cackling. Evilly.
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          Spoiler:
          I was squealing SO much in The Eye, although there was also Weir/Sheppard in it, which I also for some reason whollly support.
          Oh, me too. I ship for Weir/McKay, Weir/Sheppard and Sheppard/McKay, all at the same time, which can be... quite disturbing and confusing at times. But that way, I can squee my way through every episode.

I'm a very strange person.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Oh good I'm not alone haha. My sister thinks they make an awful couple. The two characters from SG-1 should definitely get together!

Comment

she thinks who is a bad couple... weir/mckay.. ya must convert her to the wonders of mcweir ship...
              sigpic

Comment

I really, really liked Weir and McKay in "The Eye". Don't know that I see any romantic ship there (yet) but I definitely want to see some more scenes between those two!

I like that they're on equal footing. That they call each other by their first names. That Rodney trys to act brave in front of Elizabeth. That Elizabeth sees his arrogance and seems to like him anyway.

So Yes! More of this dynamic would be lovely. Not committing to any "they have to get together!" stuff, though.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I know a perfect song to go with McKay/Weir! The song by Josh Groban, Remember When It Rained Someone should make a music video!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                    I know a perfect song to go with McKay/Weir! The song by Josh Groban, Remember When It Rained Someone should make a music video!
                    How about "Let's give them something to talk about" by Bonnie Rait? That'd work well, too.

I see McKay and Weir having much better chemistry than any other pairing on that show, yet. Any of the multitude of Sheppard pairings, Teyla pairings, etc.; none of them have the same spark and zing that McWeir does. Also, I really enjoy the small touches between the characters, not whacking the audience over the head with in-your-face shipperness stuff.

I like the fact that Weir is one of the very few people who can calm McKay down, even interrupting him in mid-rant to get him focused on the job at hand again. I really, really like that part, actually
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

There are already two music videos (that I know of) for the Weir and McKay ship. I'm sure another one of the McWeir shippers can post links for them.

Comment

I Like McKay/Weir a lot better than Sheppard/Weir.

The Eye spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        I really liked them in "The Eye", and yes he did have his arm around her .

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                          There are already two music videos (that I know of) for the Weir and McKay ship. I'm sure another one of the McWeir shippers can post links for them.
                          Yes!! Someone post some vids!! I want to oogle over their cuteness.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I saw some definite ship potential, both in the Eye and in some later eps. But I can also see it as a case of Torri freezing to death and David trying to make sure she didn't slur her lines and force them to redo the scene.

Still, I find McKay/Weir far less objectionable than Weir/Shep. ...
                            *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

*blinks again*

Shadow, you know you're in a ship thread... right?

Love McKay anyway... no matter who he does his scenes with!!

Comment

Thought I'd post and say that I'm a McKay and Weir shipper too and have been ever since I saw Rising. I just think they have so much potential. Weir seems to be one of the only people that can calm him down, he listens to her and what she says, he's done many a brave thing for her, they both call each other by their first names...I dunno there's just something there that is appealing and I think there's a lot of potential there.

Luce xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X