X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. OK, I was wrong about Chloe.

2. Pity that was the end of the Urseni.

3. Interesting development in the Rush-Eli relationship, only guy Rush seems to have any respect for scientifically.

Well that's that problem dealt with...for now!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pretty good ep.

In must say I'm very disappointed we didn't get to see the blues actually fight the drones. Budget constraints I suppose. They got there butts kicked though. Nice of them to lend a hand at least haha.

Eli coming up with a way to disable the drones was too easy. Came out of nowhere fast.

Destinys main weapon was cool this time. How it had that more powerful secondary fire.

Damn the command ships carry a lot of drones.

Well that's Chloe fixed.

Bye bye Ursini poor little guys.

I didn't think Destiny was going to make that jump for a second. Would have been an anti climatic end to the show.
      sigpic

Comment

This one had more of an SGA feel to it. The relentless assault on Destiny reminded me of Wraith attack on Atlantis. Eli working out how the drone worked was worthy of one of McKay's miraculous efforts!

At least the blue aliens' helped, albeit for their own ends, by protecting Destiny and giving the humans a fighting chance. Nice touch with the remaining damaged alien ship blocking the shuttle's return to stop Destiny from leaving and forcing the exchange with the knowledge Chloe held. They certainly learnt about the human idea of not leaving a man behind and used that to their advantage.

Loved the 'alien probe' scene with Chloe, nice nod to the X-Files and all the 'stories' of what happens to those 'abducted' by aliens! It was good that the sense of mystery remained as far as the blue aliens were concerned.

Nice humorous moment with Rush saying nice unexpected positive things to Brody and Volker, being the best people for a job, only to get them out of his way to work on the probe with Eli.

Nice dramatic moment with taking the risk that Destiny's weakened sheilds would hold when they entered FTL, well acted by all on the bridge with the looks of apprehension!

Comment

Thier is not a lot to say about this episode. It really goes through the motions of solving the drone issue that was presented in the previous episode. While entertaining their is nothing ground breaking or exciting. The last episode showed that drones are commanded by a command ship. So after we destroy the first command ship it was obvious to me that the "leftover" drones were going going to be used again in the episode. What was not obvious was the total genocide of Ursini. I figured the drones had attacked them but I did not see them killing all the Ursins. Kind of seeing the Ursini on the seed ship sacrificing themselves for Destiny kind of a cop out. It would have been nice to see these people struggle with being the last of their kind. Finally I was disappointed of the Chloe arc. This is not the writer's fault but more of a lack of a S3. We give Chloe to the Blues, they take her back, and return Chloe. What was the point of that? What were the Blues trying to accomplish? We never saw the motivation for the Blues experiment on Chloe. I wanted to see that and am disappointed we never saw S3 and the reasons for Chloe's expermentation.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps they had captured her/converted her, to see if they could use her as a way for them to get on/control the destiny. BUT eventually realized that this method was for naught.

Comment

Thats just random speculation
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The greatest unresolved mystery from a fantastic story arc. Sad to think we may never see or hear what the full arc may have achieved

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Thats just random speculation
                  It was random speculation... BUT it also fits in a way.

Comment

It also fits that they were making Chloe to be their new ruler by implanting her with the DNA of the greatest leaders out of Blue. Interesting how you can easily make random speculation fit
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked getting Chloe back to "normal", for now. Too bad we never got the explanation for that. Oh and the seed ship is gone. No way of getting home now, eh.
                      From the beginning I was waiting for Eli to figure something out. Took him a long time...

Comment

Why just Eli?
                        There are a lot of scientist types that could have also come up with a solution..

Comment

It was obvious it was going to be Eli, he's the Math Boy

But yeah it took a long time to figure out...

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                            I liked getting Chloe back to "normal", for now. Too bad we never got the explanation for that. Oh and the seed ship is gone. No way of getting home now, eh.
                            From the beginning I was waiting for Eli to figure something out. Took him a long time...
                            There is more than one seed ship. I also liked that Chloe is back to normal.

Pretty much liked everything about this episodes. Cool that the aliens sacrificed themselves to make amends.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                              There is more than one seed ship. I also liked that Chloe is back to normal.

Pretty much liked everything about this episodes. Cool that the aliens sacrificed themselves to make amends.
                              Yes i loved that too....

Comment

I always wondered. It was mentioned early in S1 that there were 2-3 seed ships ahead of us.. With this one destroyed, IF they made a 3rd season, do you think we would have caught up to one of the others??

Comment

Working...
                                X