Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    Would anyone else like to see the new Doctor and Captain Jack in an episode or 2 together? I think it would be hysterical...
    Yes, I wouldn't mind that. I think having the even harder, edgier Doctor going face to face with a hardier, edgier Jack over some issue would make for great viewing!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

It would certainly be entertaining... the idea of straight-laced 12 with Captain Jack... oh, the possibilities!
      sigpic

Comment

Jack would be fun with any incarnation :-).
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Jack would be fun with any incarnation :-).
          Very true!

Comment

I want Jack to team up with Brian Williams and Wilf Mott. It'd be like "Last of the Summer Wine", but with aliens.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I like that

The Doctor Who Appreciation Society have some Doctor Who themed Christmas cards for sale.

http://www.dwasonline.co.uk/cards

The profit from the sale of the cards will be donated to Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital Trust, of which Colin Baker is Vice President.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                I like that
                Think about it - there's the tall, vaguely military one, with the vastly inflated opinion of himself, and an ego the size of a small planet (Captain Jack/ Foggy Dewhurst), the slightly scruffy, but lovable one in the woolly hat who'll do just about anything for a giggle (Wilf Mott/ Compo Simmonite), and the sensible one who just wants a quiet life, and does his best to keep the other pair from killing each other via their own stupidity (Brian Williams/ Norman Clegg).
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Think about it - there's the tall, vaguely military one, with the vastly inflated opinion of himself, and an ego the size of a small planet (Captain Jack/ Foggy Dewhurst), the slightly scruffy, but lovable one in the woolly hat who'll do just about anything for a giggle (Wilf Mott/ Compo Simmonite), and the sensible one who just wants a quiet life, and does his best to keep the other pair from killing each other via their own stupidity (Brian Williams/ Norman Clegg).
                  Id watch it!

Comment

Today we popped into the BBC's Doctor Who Pop Up Shop in Melbourne city! (Officially we were in Melbourne to look at the Myer Christmas Windows, and see Santa... but after reading about the Pop Up, I secretly added it to the itinerary!)

jimhobo picked up a double-sided poster, featuring all 12 Doctors on one side, and a glow-in-the-dark 11/12th Doctor sonic on the other. (Can't find a pic to share...) Planning to get it laminated at work before we pop it on the wall, to preserve both sides.

He also scored a new tshirt, as his old one doesn't fit any more...

patrickhobo got his very own Dalek...

daddyhobo decided that after buying numerous sonics over the years for other people, it was time to get the 8th Doctor's sonic for himself...

And, we got to stand in front of a full size TARDIS prop for pics, which impressed all 3 of us... We ventured inside, as it was meant to be a photobooth with optional green-screen backdrops, but that wasn't working...

mumhobo was mostly not all that excited... though she did admit being interested in one of these:

Last edited by cosmichobo; 22 November 2014, 01:20 AM.
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!
                      May we all have lots of amazing Whoniverse presents!!!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I got mine!!
                        Ahem...

I GOT MINE!!
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

We had an early one last night, with a surprise TARDIS cameo in "The Incredible Adventures of Professor Brainstawm".
                          sigpic

Comment

Y'know what, folks? I've some spare funds, so I rather think I'll pre-order the four Lethbridge-Stewart novels.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spare funds?

Buy one of these...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DR-WHO-DA...item1c4cc1d328

Or even individual pieces (original or expansion set) can be had for as little as $15...

(Personally, if only I had a half decent job, I'd be snavveling up the 3 expansion series pieces (Tegan, Turlough, and the Master's TARDIS) that are on eBay at the moment for only $75 each... I paid $120+ for Jo Grant just a few years ago...)
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Today I had my first acting role in theatre. It was a school thing, but who cares, I feel like I've taken the first step into a larger world.
                                I felt that exhilarating sense of getting the public to laugh at your one-liners and the dread of "what's next?"
                                Because you never know, even when you've written the whole thing(well, memorised anyway).

And the reason I'm talking about it in this thread is because this is the Doctor Who fandom and I think we're all one big family. Sappy, but I'm happy!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X