Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Thank you Alan!! I've ordered the 8th Doctor. Yay!!!!
    You're very welcome!! I can't wait to get it!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The BBC Shop are selling a Doctor Who Christmas jumper featuring the TARDIS, weeping angels, cybermen and Daleks - £29.99.

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who-ch...campaign=Buyat

Comment

The BBC Shop are selling a Doctor Who Christmas jumper featuring the TARDIS, weeping angels, cybermen and Daleks - £29.99.

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who-ch...campaign=Buyat
        I need that!
        sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who News is calling this the first 5" 8th Doctor figure...???

I have the 1-11 Docs box set... inc a traditional 8th Doctor...

Am I crazy?
          Last edited by cosmichobo; 29 October 2015, 04:26 AM.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

You're a member of this forum and you seriously expect us to answer that?

NOTE: I'm kidding!
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I find it good to have others assess your sanity from time to time...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

I found this list of Doctor Who DVD box sets and I was wondering if someone could tell me which of these are available for Region 1 since I know that not all of them are and if I'm missing any from Classic Who.

List in spoilers for length.
                Spoiler:
                Beneath the Surface

Bred for War

Dalek War

K9 Tales

Lost in Time

Myths and Legends

New Beginnings

Revisitations volume 1

The Cybermen

The Dalek Collection

The Third Doctor

The Beginning

The complete Davros collection

The E-space Trilogy

The Kamelion Tales

The Key to Time

The Key to Time (SE)

The Peladon Tales

The Rescue & The Romans

The space museum & The chase

The Trial of a Time Lord

Time Flight & Ark of Infiniy

The Black Guardian Trilogy

Revenge of the Cybermen & Silver Nemesis

Mara Tales

Revisitations volume 2

Mannequin Mania

Earth Story

Revisitations volume 3

UNIT Files

Ace Adventures

The Legacy Collection

Fourth Doctor Time Capsule

Regeneration

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  I found this list of Doctor Who DVD box sets and I was wondering if someone could tell me which of these are available for Region 1 since I know that not all of them are and if I'm missing any from Classic Who.

List in spoilers for length.
                  Spoiler:
                  Beneath the Surface

Bred for War

Dalek War

K9 Tales

Lost in Time

Myths and Legends

New Beginnings

Revisitations volume 1

The Cybermen

The Dalek Collection

The Third Doctor

The Beginning

The complete Davros collection

The E-space Trilogy

The Kamelion Tales

The Key to Time

The Key to Time (SE)

The Peladon Tales

The Rescue & The Romans

The space museum & The chase

The Trial of a Time Lord

Time Flight & Ark of Infiniy

The Black Guardian Trilogy

Revenge of the Cybermen & Silver Nemesis

Mara Tales

Revisitations volume 2

Mannequin Mania

Earth Story

Revisitations volume 3

UNIT Files

Ace Adventures

The Legacy Collection

Fourth Doctor Time Capsule

Regeneration
                  Hi. I've gone through the List of BBC DVD releases which can be found here and, unless I've missed something, I've been able to determine that these are the only ones in that list of yours above that are not available on R1 DVD:

BRED FOR WAR
                  THE DALEK COLLECTION
                  THE THIRD DOCTOR
                  THE COMPLETE DAVROS COLLECTION
                  REGENERATION

The list doesn't seem to mention the Fourth Doctor Time Capsule though so unfortunately I can't tell you if that got an R1 release or not. I hope that someone else can tell you differently bu I hope I was able to help you in some small way though.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Hi. I've gone through the List of BBC DVD releases which can be found here and, unless I've missed something, I've been able to determine that these are the only ones in that list of yours above that are not available on R1 DVD:

BRED FOR WAR
                    THE DALEK COLLECTION
                    THE THIRD DOCTOR
                    THE COMPLETE DAVROS COLLECTION
                    REGENERATION

The list doesn't seem to mention the Fourth Doctor Time Capsule though so unfortunately I can't tell you if that got an R1 release or not. I hope that someone else can tell you differently bu I hope I was able to help you in some small way though.
                    Thanks that definitely helps a little. I do know for sure that The Key to Time (SE), The E-space Trilogy, The Trial of a Time Lord and Lost in Time are available in R1. Since my Mom wants to get more of Doctor Who on DVD I thought starting with box sets would be good.

I did find this on The Tardis Data Core: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_...overs/Region_1
                    It's page for DVD covers for R1 so with your help and the list of box sets at that link that will be a good start as well as anybody else who decides to help.

This is where I happened to get the list from: http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/features/dvd/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                      Thanks that definitely helps a little. I do know for sure that The Key to Time (SE), The E-space Trilogy, The Trial of a Time Lord and Lost in Time are available in R1. Since my Mom wants to get more of Doctor Who on DVD I thought starting with box sets would be good.

I did find this on The Tardis Data Core: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_...overs/Region_1
                      It's page for DVD covers for R1 so with your help and the list of box sets at that link that will be a good start as well as anybody else who decides to help.

This is where I happened to get the list from: http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/features/dvd/
                      I'm glad I was able to help a little. I think starting off with the boxsets is a good idea and I wish you and your mom all the best in your future Doctor Who DVD buying!

BTW, thanks for that last link! Didn't know that was out there.

Comment

And in other news, the fifth Lethbridge-Stewart novel from Candy Jar Books will be entitles "Moon Blink", written by Sadie Miller (daughter of of the late Elisabeth Sladen), and is due to be published in the Spring of 2016.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Doctor Who: New Ninth Doctor Series From Titan Comics
                          by David Hill

http://doctorwhowatch.com/2015/12/04...-titan-comics/

Christopher Eccleston may not be returning to Doctor Who at any point, but that does not mean that the adventures of the Ninth Doctor have ended.

Christopher Eccleston’s time on Doctor Who lasted only one season, but he still has a devoted legion of fans. Despite his statements indicating that he will not return, and the continued refusals to even discuss his time on the show, one can still dream of a scenario where he changes his mind.

Until that point, all that was really left were reruns of Series One and the occasional comic. Unfortunately, even the stories in the comics have to end at some point. However, Titan Comics has announced that a new series, featuring the Ninth Doctor, Rose Tyler and Captain Jack, will be coming out in April 2016.

There are few details available at this point, as can be seen by the announcement. There is a working title, Doctormania, and that a letters page will be added to the comic. Aside from that, author Cavan Scott has indicated that there will be a few familiar faces and new enemies for the Doctor to be facing.

The posting also references the success of the latest series, Weapons of Past Destruction. That series, which is coming to a close, has done quite well as the fans of the Ninth Doctor have been supportive of the effort. This new series, launching in just a few months, will provide yet another adventure for the Ninth Doctor, allowing new action for his fans to latch on to.

Unless Eccleston relents and decides to come back to Doctor Who, which almost happened for the 50th Anniversary, these comic adventures will be the only way to get new material for the Ninth Doctor. Even if he does not return to the show itself, reprising his role for a couple of Big Finish adventures would certainly be amazing. Unfortunately, that also would seem highly unlikely at best.

Titan Comics is keeping the Ninth Doctor alive, and with new adventures to boot. As a fan of the Ninth Doctor, I’m looking forward to seeing Rose, Captain Jack and he back in action once again.

In honour of this brilliant news...

Comment

The Essential Doctor Who 9 - Invasions of Earth
                            Tuesday, 01 November, 2016 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/11...116110008.html

Panini have announced the latest in their ongoing Doctor Who Essentials series of special magazines:

The makers of Doctor Who Magazine continue their lavish series of bookazines with a 116-page issue celebrating some of the most memorable episodes in the series history.

Invasions of Earth includes interviews with:

Other highlights include a tribute to
                            Nicholas Courtney, a look at Terry Nation’s original storyline for The Dalek Invasion of Earth, Jon Pertwee’s unmade story The Spare-Part People and much more.

Editor Marcus Hearn says:
                            Invasions of Earth have been central to Doctor Who since 1964. It was a big subject for us to tackle, but we’ve managed to cover almost every major era of the series with some fascinating articles and plenty of rare images. This is the story of our planet’s most epic battles!

The Essential Doctor Who: Invasions of Earth is on sale now at WH Smith and all good newsagents.

Comment

I thought if you subscribed to the super-duper top-of-the-shop package (which I have) you also got these?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                I thought if you subscribed to the super-duper top-of-the-shop package (which I have) you also got these?
                                I've never been subscribed to Doctor Who Magazine and its never been required when it comes to the Special Editions. I've just walked into my local newsagent/store supplier such as W.H.Smiths, Sainsburys, Morrisons, etc. and there they the magazines sit on the shelves.

Comment

Working...
                                X