This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate New Seasons~Universe~Revalations~Season 3~Destiny

Thus Stargate Universe lives on, the game will commence, please read the Rules and Regulations carefully
    HERE

And if you would like to register, please go here or PM me or Oranos
    REGISTER

OC'S

the following introduction is by Oranos

*enjoy*
    Last edited by RogueRanger; 21 February 2011, 05:02 PM.

No matter how often he stopped by the observation room, the view never got any less impressive: a million points of light scattered across a pitch-black canvas; Destiny’s gradual descent into a star’s corona; the familiar vortex of F. T. L. There was something about the beauty of nature that somehow seemed to offset the outside forces continually conspiring against them. “You know, once, just once, I’d like the aliens to not try to kill us all.”

“You’re scared,” TJ said softly.

Eli grimaced. This wasn’t quite what he had signed up for. “I’m math boy, not a highly trained commando.”

“No one expects you to be, Eli.”

“It’s just next time,” he explained. “Are we going to be so lucky?”

Without warning, the Destiny’s engines powered down and a shimmer enveloped the pair as the ship dropped out of F. T. L. Thankful for the reprieve, he quickly shifted topics. “Shall we see where we are now?”

â—Šâ—Šâ—Š

“Look, I’m serious. It’s supposed to be basic PT for the civilians. Will you just ease up a little? You know, tired is fine. Them dying from exhaustion isn't.”

Greer continued to stare. That completely unnerving, if looks could kill, this would sure as hell do the job, glare. “Absolutely… Lieutenant.”

Scott shook his head as they started walking again. “There’s just no winning with you, is there?”

“No, Sir. There isn’t.” He chuckled. “Winning isn’t a sometimes thing.”

â—Šâ—Šâ—Š

Several of the crew had already gathered, bunched around the console’s screen in a lopsided semi-circle, the Kino already transmitting its visual data back to the ship. The countdown clock, now illuminated, read seven hours.

Brody finally broke the silence. “There’s only this one candidate in range. The ship’s already dialed it up. Looks abandoned.”

True to his word, the small ball hovered above a massive city in ruins, overgrown plants and vines having long since claimed crumbling stone. There was no sign of life, no visible trace of the species that had once called the planet home.

Still going over the atmospheric composition and other relevant data, Rush confirmed his suppositions with a self-satisfied nod. “According to these readings, the planet is hospitable. You’ll be sending a team, I presume.”

Young nodded at the newly arrived Scott and Greer. “You guys gear up. Take Eli and TJ with you.”

Comment

Emily came around the corner, wide eyed as usual, everything about Destiny fascinated her. She was like a kid at a Fun Fair, she wanted to try everything. This was her scheduled run, she did it every morning and afternoon, if there was such a thing. Every twenty metres or so, she would bounce off a bulkhead and do a backflip, she was proud of her gymnastic skills. She just finished another and landed on her feet and looked up to find Leiutenant Johansen standing there with her arms folded, looking quite stern.

"Oh high TJ!" She said with her usual giggle. Normally she would call Tamara by rank if anyone was around, but here it was total solitude at this end of the ship. "We've stopped, another planet, do you think Doctor Rush would let me go this time?" She beamed with enthusiasm. "I could have my gear ready in..." She looked at her watch. "...five minutes."

Comment

“It’s just next time,” he explained. “Are we going to be so lucky?”

Without warning, the Destiny’s engines powered down and a shimmer enveloped the pair as the ship dropped out of F. T. L. Thankful for the reprieve, he quickly shifted topics. “Shall we see where we are now?”
        {observation deck}

"Sure, you go on ahead and I'll catch up." TJ replied. She was about to respond to Eli when he changed the subject. Obvious he didn't want to talk about it anymore TJ decided to leave it at that. TJ turned and took a moment to look at the stars it was a beautiful sight. After a minute had passed she got up and headed to the gateroom.

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
        Spoiler:
        Emily came around the corner, wide eyed as usual, everything about Destiny fascinated her. She was like a kid at a Fun Fair, she wanted to try everything. This was her scheduled run, she did it every morning and afternoon, if there was such a thing. Every twenty metres or so, she would bounce off a bulkhead and do a backflip, she was proud of her gymnastic skills. She just finished another and landed on her feet and looked up to find Leiutenant Johansen standing there with her arms folded, looking quite stern.

"Oh high TJ!" She said with her usual giggle. Normally she would call Tamara by rank if anyone was around, but here it was total solitude at this end of the ship. "We've stopped, another planet, do you think Doctor Rush would let me go this time?" She beamed with enthusiasm. "I could have my gear ready in..." She looked at her watch. "...five minutes."

{corridor}

TJ turned the corner and stopped suddenly to see Emily doing yet another back flip off a bulkhead door. TJ stood there with her arms crossed and waited for Emily to stand up. When she straightened up and said hi to TJ in that sweet little innocent way she usually does TJ's face softened. “Emily, haven't you been talked to already about doing flips off the bulkheads? You could get hurt or hurt someone else. I have got enough on my hands here I don't want to add a broken limb of yours to the list.” TJ smiled “I am headed to the gateroom to find out what the plan is. Why don't you come with me so I can ask if you can come along this time?”
        Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 23 February 2011, 05:20 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

<Observation Room>>>>><Gateroom>
          {Eli Wallace}

"Alright." Eli gave TJ a slight wave and left the Observation Room. Once he was out of TJ sight, he sighed, happy that he did not need to continue with the previous conversation.

<Gateroom>

Eli entered the gateroom and headed directly to the main console. "What planet are we going to visit today?"
          Aftermath RP
          Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
          Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
          SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
          Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Looking a little blushed, more from embarrasment than her exertions, Emily stood to her whole 5'1" and beamed. "Really TJ. Oh my god...oh my god!" She was dizzy with exciement. "Kawool, I'm with ya." She pulled her Ipod out of her pocket and plugged one phone into her ear and offered the other to Tamara. "Guns N' Roses - 'Chinese Democracy'" she laughed. It was very, very loud.

Comment

{Colonel Young} NPC

<corridor>

TJ smiled at Emily and politely declined the head phone with the blaring music. "No, Thanks." Then she headed to the gateoom with Emily.

<Gateroom>

TJ entered the gateroom and walked over to the Colonel. "So what's the situation sir?" “Destiny has dropped us out of FTL and dialed a planet. The planet is hospitable and has some ruins on it; so I want you and Eli to accompany Scott and Greer to check it out” Young replied. “Uh, sir, would it be okay if Corporal Nguyen accompanied us this time?" TJ asked "No, Corporal Nguyen is very inexperienced and could be a risk on the mission" Young answered. " Please Colonel," TJ pleaded "I think she's going a bit crazy being cooped up on Destiny. I caught her doing another backflip off the bulkhead doors on my way here. " Young looked at TJ and sighed. "Okay, but she is your responsibility." TJ smiled “Thank you sir, I will make sure she stays out of trouble.” Young turned to address the room “Okay! Eli, TJ and Corporal Nguyen get your gear on you're going to the planet along with Lieutenant Scott and Sergeant Greer.” Young turns to the Corporal. “ Corporal Nguyen, please behave yourself out there.”

TJ left the gateroom and headed to her quarters to get her gear on. When she was all suited up she made a detour to the infirmary to pack her medical kit and then headed back to the gateroom.
              Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 23 February 2011, 10:47 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Re1ndeer View Post
                <Observation Room>>>>><Gateroom>
                {Eli Wallace}

"Alright." Eli gave TJ a slight wave and left the Observation Room. Once he was out of TJ sight, he sighed, happy that he did not need to continue with the previous conversation.

<Gateroom>

Eli entered the gateroom and headed directly to the main console. "What planet are we going to visit today?"

{Adam Brody}
                <gateroom>

Brody was controlling the kino he sent as a probe to the only planet in range. It was recording imagines of an abandoned stone city, ruins coverred by wines, and heater-like plants; he switched to the atmosferic datas: "All vitals in the green; a bit foggy, but it's just H2O, nothing toxic, sirs." he said to Rush and Young.
                In the meanwhile, Eli came in. "The only reachable one, Eli.... an interesting ghost town...."
                Last edited by clauz89; 24 February 2011, 07:54 AM. Reason: adding an attempt of siggy
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

<gateroom>

Brody remained astonished when he heard Emily was going to explore the ruins, but he did his best to not show his concern. He did really care for that girl: on Earth he would have considered her as a brilliant lab assistant, with her tiny golden hands and her insights that made her able to fix things complicated even for him, but the forced permanence aboard an acient ship billions years from home, in a constat danger, he drove them closer than normal; besides, she was the youngest of all the crew, that became sort of a family for her.
                  Before she went gearing up, however, he take her aside. "Think about it twice, Emily. Are you really sure you want to go out there? Are you sure you are ready for that?" He knew her behavior, he thought she was too optimistic and she took everything too lightly. "You know I'm worried for you...."
                  sigpic
                  Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    Spoiler:

{Colonel Young} NPC

<corridor>

TJ smiled at Emily and politely declined the head phone with the blaring music. "No, Thanks." Then she headed to the gateoom with Emily.

<Gateroom>

TJ entered the gateroom and walked over to the Colonel. "So what's the situation sir?" “Destiny has dropped us out of FTL and dialed a planet. The planet is hospitable and has some ruins on it; so I want you and Eli to accompany Scott and Greer to check it out” Young replied. “Uh, sir, would it be okay if Corporal Nguyen accompanied us this time?" TJ asked "No, Corporal Nguyen is very inexperienced and could be a risk on the mission" Young answered. " Please Colonel," TJ pleaded "I think she's going a bit crazy being cooped up on Destiny. I caught her doing another backflip off the bulkhead doors on my way here. " Young looked at TJ and sighed. "Okay, but she is your responsibility." TJ smiled “Thank you sir, I will make sure she stays out of trouble.” Young turned to address the room “Okay! Eli, TJ and Corporal Nguyen get your gear on you're going to the planet along with Lieutenant Scott and Sergeant Greer.” Young turns to the Corporal. “ Corporal Nguyen, please behave yourself out there.”

TJ left the gateroom and headed to her quarters to get her gear on. When she was all suited up she made a detour to the infirmary to pack her medical kit and then headed back to the gateroom.

With a deft and swift hand Em removed her gum and held it in her hand, the ear bud still blaring she simply pulled from it's socket in the Ipod. "Sir I won't let you down sir I promise." She softly laid a small hand on his back. Of course the gum stayed there and she stood at attention. "No games sir, mission time I'm all seriosness." Her smile would ave cracked even the grimmest personality. He nodded to her and moved away to speak to Greer, Em just watched him rolling her eyes when Adam approached her.

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post
                    <gateroom>
                    Spoiler:

Brody remained astonished when he heard Emily was going to explore the ruins, but he did his best to not show his concern. He did really care for that girl: on Earth he would have considered her as a brilliant lab assistant, with her tiny golden hands and her insights that made her able to fix things complicated even for him, but the forced permanence aboard an acient ship billions years from home, in a constat danger, he drove them closer than normal; besides, she was the youngest of all the crew, that became sort of a family for her.
                    Before she went gearing up, however, he take her aside. "Think about it twice, Emily. Are you really sure you want to go out there? Are you sure you are ready for that?" He knew her behavior, he thought she was too optimistic and she took everything too lightly. "You know I'm worried for you...."

"Hey Adam, yeah I'm sure. We've been cooking inside this ship for ages and I'm parboiled and ready to be eaten, I need to breathe real air. I wish you could come with us." Her Aussie accent rattled off like a machine gun, it was hard for some to keep up with her. "But you are awesome for caring." She wrapped her tiny arms around him and then let go. "I gotta get my gear, I'll be back in five."

Comment

<corridor>

With her med kit all packed TJ headed back to the Gateroom. On her way there she ran into Emily again. Out of concern for her TJ decides to have a talk with her before they head through the gate."Hey Em, listen I got Colonel Young to agree to let you go with us this time, but he is taking a big risk by letting you go. So you need to listen to Scott, myself and Greer. If we tell you to do something do it, even if you think you know a better way of doing it. Okay?"
                      Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 24 February 2011, 05:00 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Still excited and slightly sweating after running all the way to her quarters, changing and packing her gear..well it was already packed, her rifle slipping almost around her knees. "TJ I repeated to myself all the way to my room and all the way back. 'I will not screw up, I will not screw up'...so yeah I'm good." She leaned forward. "I'm good TJ, you can trust me off ship." There was that smile again. "We should go, I think Greer might be tapping his foot by now."

Comment

{Colonel Young - NPC}

<<Gateroom>>

Young moved over to talk to Greer, out of the way of everyone else. "Make sure she comes back in one piece, Sergeant."

He directed his stare at the departing young woman. "Is indulging her fanciful whims really the best idea? This isn't a walk in the park. It's not even a field trip." Hell, she couldn't even keep her mouth shut for more than two seconds. Constantly talking about this and that, she'd have a permanent bulls-eye on her if there were anything still lurking in those ruins.

Because he still remembered the last time they'd explored planetary ruins. It had been a…rather sizeable spider that time.

"I'm well aware of the risk. My decision is final."

Greer nodded, already starting to walk away to find the little rascal. "You may want to check your back, sir. Her gum."

<<Corridor>>

He marched down the corridor, like a hunter pursuing his prey. He nearly bowled over the girl rounding the corner. "Ma'am." He stiffly nodded at TJ, then turned his accusatory stare at Emily. "You! Sticking gum on the Colonel's back? Wasn't very discrete. When your @$$ gets back on this ship, and I will make sure it gets back here, I will have you cleaning every corridor on this godforsaken vessel with a toothbrush. And you won't be done until I'm satisfied with your work. Are we…crystal?”

Comment

{Colonel Young} NPC

<corridor>

TJ smiled at Emily, the girl was a little wild but she had potential and TJ saw that in her. "Good, I will hold you to that. Let's go..." Before TJ could finish the word go Emily was already heading down the corridor. TJ shook her head and smiled then she started down the corridor after her. TJ finally caught up to Emily and they were turning the corner to the Gateroom. Just then Sergeant Greer came around and nearly took out Emily. Sergeant Greer nodded at TJ. TJ gave him a small smile"Sergent". Seeing the annoyance in Sergeant Greer's face TJ continued down the corridor to the gateroom and looked back to see Greer scolding Emily. She'd have to ask Emily about that later.

<Gateroom>

TJ walked into the gateroom and reported in to Colonel Young. "Ready to go sir." "Good, go wait with Lieutenant Scott until the others are ready." Colonel Young replied. TJ went and stood by Scott waiting for the all clear to head through the gate. Scott gave her a nod as she approached and she smiled back at him.
                            Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 24 February 2011, 08:24 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by clauz89 View Post

{Adam Brody}
                              <gateroom>

Brody was controlling the kino he sent as a probe to the only planet in range. It was recording imagines of an abandoned stone city, ruins coverred by wines, and heater-like plants; he switched to the atmosferic datas: "All vitals in the green; a bit foggy, but it's just H2O, nothing toxic, sirs." he said to Rush and Young.
                              In the meanwhile, Eli came in. "The only reachable one, Eli.... an interesting ghost town...."

<Gateroom>

"Thank you, Brody." Eli said as he looked at the console. The planet was a little bit creepy looking and the last ruins that he went to turned out not to be the best experience. But, he knew he had to go anyway. "I'll go grab my stuff."

Eli left to the gateroom and scooted passed Greer and Emily in the Corridor outside the gateroom.

<Eli's Quarters>

Eli entered his quarters and changed into his travel outfit. Once he was completely changed, he grabbed his travel backpack and a kino remote. Looking back in his room for a moment, Eli left his room and headed back to the gateroom.
                              Aftermath RP
                              Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                              Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                              SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                              Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Working...
                              X