• Show
Clear All

Are there Ancients in SGU?

Does any Ancient appear in this show?

No. Which is probably why SGU was so good
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

None have appeared as of yet, and I highly doubt we will see any in the remaining episodes, thank goodness.
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Until now, as far as I know, we haven't seen any of them. Later in season 2, I don't think we'll see one, but who knows.
        sigpic

Comment

I think the writers and producers are making a conscientious effort to not just avoid past mistakes but also to keep the show into a more realistic science fiction story. Which is why I find a certain thread here to be so mind numbingly idiotic (you know which one I am talking about). Magical mystical spirtual ascended beings...not really "Science" fiction if you know what I mean, and thankfully they are avoiding hard the trappings and failures of the past. Fanboys who want that fantasy show elements will whine, us Science Fiction fans will cheer with joy.

Comment

no more stupid Ancients please!
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No. Which is probably why SGU was so good
              Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              None have appeared as of yet, and I highly doubt we will see any in the remaining episodes, thank goodness.
              Originally posted by SBN View Post
              I think the writers and producers are making a conscientious effort to not just avoid past mistakes but also to keep the show into a more realistic science fiction story. Which is why I find a certain thread here to be so mind numbingly idiotic (you know which one I am talking about). Magical mystical spirtual ascended beings...not really "Science" fiction if you know what I mean, and thankfully they are avoiding hard the trappings and failures of the past. Fanboys who want that fantasy show elements will whine, us Science Fiction fans will cheer with joy.
              Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              So say we all.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                the Ancients are not stupid!

Comment

I think it should be noted that without the Ancients, there would be no stargates, and without stargates, there would be no "Stargate".

Personally, I love the concept of the Ancients. At least for myself, I had never thought about the possibility of an existence of a race that is somewhere between us and God in terms of power, as ascended beings. Some of the projects that they involved themselves with (such as city-ships, ZPMs, the Arcturus project, Destiny, and of course the stargates themselves) are truly fascinating. Sure, it got a little overbearing in the later seasons of SG-1 and in pretty much all of Atlantis, because almost all of the stories had to do directly with the Ancients or what they invented, or the enemies they created, or their failures that lead to trouble for us.

The Ancients were cool until the writers forgot to use their brains and make different storylines involving something other than the Ancients.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

The closest i can see to there being an ancient is the visitations of Rush on the bridge by his dead wife..

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      the Ancients are not stupid!
                      certainly not those who built Destiny. But those in Pegasus were indeed stupid
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

I actually liked the SGA Ancients but I'm glad they haven't appeared in SGU- they are in the background,so to speak-they made the ship, stargates, ect. I like SGU being it's own show-I haven't wanted a lot of crossover.
                        I don't think they'll appear in the last 10 episodes but I could be wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing ascended ancients.

Comment

I prefer my ancients to be unseen and unheard from. Keeps the mystery.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

IMO, the way SGA portrayed the Ancients is what ruined the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X