The French Mistake (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French Mistake (615)

SAM AND DEAN ARE TRANSPORTED TO AN ALTERNATE REALITY — Raphael (guest star Lanette Ware) launches an attack on Castiel (Misha Collins) and his allies, sending a particularly frightening angelic hitman (guest star Carlos Sanz) after Balthazar (guest star Sebastian Roche), Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles)... In an effort to protect the brothers, Balthazar sends them to an alternate universe where they are the stars of a TV show called “Supernatural” and they are actors named “Jensen Ackles” and “Jared Padalecki.” The brothers are confused when Castiel appears to be a tweet-happy actor named Misha Collins and Sam is married to Ruby (Genevieve Cortese). Charles Beeson directed the episode written by Ben Edlund.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

The French Mistake was hilarious! I'll write more when I made a re-watch, which won't be today, but there is one thing I have to get rid of my chest.

During the scene where the angel shoots the whole production team, there is one guy who is able to avoid all the bullet pretty easy.

I mean him here:

Spoiler:

My first thought was: Gabriel! Am I'm alone with this? I am not sure if it's Richard Speigh Jr at all - maybe "just" a body double, but that scene was so awkward that I think it's possible that Gabriel might refused to go to heaven's heaven after he was killed but into fake TV land...
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

This was a really good meta- 'vapourise the fourth wall' kind of ep. Loved every bit of it. It gave us a nice insight into what really goes on set.

I guess in that alternate reality SPN is not likely to continue as 'Misha', 'Kripke' and 'Bob' are all dead.
      But what happened to the real 'Jared and Jensen'? Did they get transferred into the SPN universe or what? And how did that angel hear Raphael when no magic exists?

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      The French Mistake was hilarious! I'll write more when I made a re-watch, which won't be today, but there is one thing I have to get rid of my chest.

During the scene where the angel shoots the whole production team, there is one guy who is able to avoid all the bullet pretty easy.

I mean him here:

My first thought was: Gabriel! Am I'm alone with this? I am not sure if it's Richard Speigh Jr at all - maybe "just" a body double, but that scene was so awkward that I think it's possible that Gabriel might refused to go to heaven's heaven after he was killed but into fake TV land...
      I thought that too. I was like...what would he be doing here???
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 February 2013, 06:04 PM. Reason: tags changed.

Comment

That was fun...I've never laughed so much.

Lots of sneaky little pokes at so many people.

Trying to think of my favourite quotes... but I think I'd have to include most of the script! Loved it.
        sigpic

Comment

I mean him here:

My thoughts exactly when I saw that. I have to rewatch and find that guy somewhere else. At least there was no obvious showing of him in the previous scenes, I had no idea who he was except the part where he Dodges a bullet with ease.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 February 2013, 06:04 PM. Reason: tags changed.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Loved this ep! In my opinion, it was essentially a gift for us fans, but it did manage to advance the plot a tiny bit. It was filled with gold with all the quotes, inside jokes, and physical humor. I have a feeling every time I watch it from now on, I'll find some new little treasure that I missed before. And I love that the cast and crew can have so much fun together, and poke fun at themselves and each other for the whole world to see.

EDIT: Apparently Misha even tweeted his 'tweets' from the ep too!
            Last edited by warrior_chic; 26 February 2011, 01:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought this was very clever. I totally missed the Gabriel reference you all mentioned.

Was that really Kripke? The whole Bob Singer-Bobby Singer thing was too funny, and so was Misha's Tweeting. J & J checking out Genevieve was cute too.

The only one left out was Bobby, and I bet Sera Gamble would have enjoyed being in it also.

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

That wasn't actually Kripke. He did look an awful lot like him though. I'm pretty sure none of the producers, etc played themselves. I wonder if they had the actual crew on camera though.

And I definitely didn't see the Gabriel thing either. I just thought it was cool he was kinda doing the Matrix thing in avoiding that bullet.
                sigpic

Comment

When I first watched this the subtitle was stuck on my tv and when Misha was doing his angel voice it actually said: Castiel's Voice of Angel's voice or something like that. It made me think that Castiel wasn't actually there and that it was just Misha. And the Gabriel thing, the guy looked really skinny and does kind of look like Gabriel but I didn't really think it was him. Maybe need to take another look, but that guy was funny that he just avoided them and left.
                  sigpic

Comment

I generally hate to look behind the scenes but this episode was hilarious
                    Balthazar is the coolest angel
                    and the no mojo zone was awesome
                    also the fights with Virgil were some of the best in the series imo. the only thing
                    that continues to bug me is no matter how much abuse they take supernatual
                    faces never seem to get bruised. I mean with all those punches you'd at least
                    expect a black eye or bloody nose.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                      That wasn't actually Kripke. He did look an awful lot like him though. I'm pretty sure none of the producers, etc played themselves. I wonder if they had the actual crew on camera though.

And I definitely didn't see the Gabriel thing either. I just thought it was cool he was kinda doing the Matrix thing in avoiding that bullet.
                      I didn't notice the guy looking like Gabriel either...but now I've had a re-watch he does look a bit like him. But the guy is the Director of Photograhy Serge Ladouceur on the show...and is played by an actor.

I immediately thought of the Matrix...for him and the whole Virgil shooting everyone scenes.
                      Although I've read that some people though that Virgil looked like Antonio Bandaras and that it was a nod to him.

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                      I generally hate to look behind the scenes but this episode was hilarious
                      Balthazar is the coolest angel
                      and the no mojo zone was awesome
                      also the fights with Virgil were some of the best in the series imo. the only thing
                      that continues to bug me is no matter how much abuse they take supernatual
                      faces never seem to get bruised. I mean with all those punches you'd at least
                      expect a black eye or bloody nose.
                      I know...you'd think they'd get a little bit of a cut lip more often as well.
                      Apparently the two guys who broke up the Sam/Dean/Virgil fight are Jared and Jensen's stunt doubles.

I love Bathazar..and love the actor who plays him.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Upon my first rewatch I noticed a guitar in "Jensen's" trailor. Last night I noticed Gummy Bears (among other food stuffs) on the tray thingie that that woman was carrying on the set while walking past Dean and Sam. Or is that Jensen and Jared?
                      That would be Jared....he loves his sweets. There is photographic evidence but I can't find it atm.

I did notice a photo of him and Jared on the shelf in the trailer.

When Misha was killed..although it brought the comedy to a screeching halt for a moment.....I then thought of South Park.

Oh My God They've Killed Misha!
                      Last edited by LizzieAnne; 28 February 2011, 09:27 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        My thoughts exactly when I saw that. I have to rewatch and find that guy somewhere else. At least there was no obvious showing of him in the previous scenes, I had no idea who he was except the part where he Dodges a bullet with ease.
                        That guy was sitting right next to "Robert Singer" when the boys crashed through the window into our reality. And he had a few lines too.

Didn't even think of Gabriel. Wishful thinking for some people?

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                        I didn't notice the guy looking like Gabriel either...but now I've had a re-watch he does look a bit like him. But the guy is the Director of Photograhy Serge Ladouceur on the show...and is played by an actor.
                        That's who he is.

Apparently the two guys who broke up the Sam/Dean/Virgil fight are Jared and Jensen's stunt doubles.
                        I was wondering if they were associated with the show. Cool!

That would be Jared....he loves his sweets. There is photographic evidence but I can't find it atm.
                        Jensen likes gummy bears too.
                        Spoiler:

I did notice a photo of him and Jared on the shelf in the trailer.
                        I noticed lots of pics of them throughout the episode.

When Misha was killed..although it brought the comedy to a shreeching halt for a moment.....I then thought of South Park.

Oh My God They've Killed Misha!
                        I was thinking that after I'd watched the episode the second time. Oh my god! They killed Misha!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          That guy was sitting right next to "Robert Singer" when the boys crashed through the window into our reality. And he had a few lines too.

Didn't even think of Gabriel. Wishful thinking for some people?
                          Nah, no wishfull thinking, I just didn't recognize him as the guy sitting next to Bob Singer (he was also the one who daddled with the green laser around while "Jensen" and "Jared" were failing epically in acting).
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Well, I was a little intrigued about the mention of what Kripke is working on and what it might be. Follow the link for some funny possibilities: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supe...pen-39518.aspx
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Nah, no wishfull thinking, I just didn't recognize him as the guy sitting next to Bob Singer (he was also the one who daddled with the green laser around while "Jensen" and "Jared" were failing epically in acting).
                              Yes, I remember the green laser bit.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                              X