anubis taking over the ascended plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anubis taking over the ascended plane

so in ''prototype" anubis created kalek with the goal of ascension.i was thinking if anubis created more of these and if he was planning to use them when they ascended to fight the ''others'' and maybe take over the ascended plane.we know he was not happy with how they treated him and we also kno that he is super ambitious..........what do u think?

i think it had more to do with a personal reason, he simply wanted something powerful to inhabit that could contain him without dieing

Comment

well...that's a new and frightening thought! : ) Bring on the movie...how do you stop ascended bad guys doing battle with ascended "neutral" beings? I think that is a good idea that you came up with. a new plot idea that hasn't been considered before.
      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
        so in ''prototype" anubis created kalek with the goal of ascension.i was thinking if anubis created more of these and if he was planning to use them when they ascended to fight the ''others'' and maybe take over the ascended plane.we know he was not happy with how they treated him and we also kno that he is super ambitious..........what do u think?
        I think its because he was a Goa'uld, and its in their nature to conquer and seize power.

Comment

yeah its like what erus told general hammond about baal........u gotta think on a grand scale if u a goul'd .......give that goul'd a taste of ascencion and before you kno it he'll be trying to take over that too, but that would definatley be a movie i would like to see......

Comment

would definately like to see how anubis could have tricked oma into ascending him.i'm sure oma read the ascended times and knew who anubis was unless he faked repentance in order to trick her.

Comment

That was the plan. In the original draft of the episode it revealed that Khalek was the "prototype" for a new army called The Mashur. It went into how Anubis planned to have them ascend and battle the Ancients.

I for one would have loved to see this instead of the Ori storyline. It could have incorporated all of the stuff about ascended gaining power from worshipers, without having to introduce lame new bad guys (the Ori) who were essentially just ascended Goa'uld anyway.

Comment

Indeed, fair point. I've never managed to come to terms with the Ori, and much prefer the season 9 & 10 episodes that don't even hint at them.
                sigpic

Comment

Interesting idea, and yeah I can totally see Anubis planning on this.

I didn't mind the Ori. But I wasn't that into them either. For me they were like -meh.
                  My videos
                  My art
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah as ascended beings ,the ori were too weak and dull.....felt like i was back in church........''come to church and fill the collection plate or you goin straight to hell" , that's all i heard as a kid.anubis fascinates me because he managed to defy the ancients and laugh in their faces and unlike baal and other system lords who were more talk than action.......he never hesitated in carrying out action............it's like what todd the wraith said in sga......the ancients could have wiped out the wraith with the atero device but didn't have the heart to deal with the human casualties.anubis didn't care about casualties ..he could just start over and make his own beings ,ascend them, and be the head ancient in charge.

Comment

Hmm, if Anubis found out that you gained power as an ascended being by your worshipers, maybe he'd have all his Jaffa try to take over and convert other Goa'uld planets, so they'd worship him. So he could take on the Ancients himself, I mean.

And I agree, Anubis wasn't afraid to take action. He just did things for his own purposes, he didn't care about anything else.
                      My videos
                      My art
                      sigpic

Comment

The Ancients can't be that dumb if they see him threatening their plane of existence you'd figure they'd do something. Then again they didn't help when the Ori wanted to take over so I wouldn't put it past them
                        sigpic

Comment

i agree that anubis would have been a better enemy then the ori. i didn't mind them but they weren't as good of an enemy as the goa'uld were. i wish we got the see the out come of anubis and oma's fight. maybe that should be the next movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

i don't even understand how a half ascended being could be any match for a fully ascended being.I can see Adria and Morgan cancelling each other out but not oma and anubis......and i also got the impression that oma was punished because this was not the first time she got tricked.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                              i don't even understand how a half ascended being could be any match for a fully ascended being.I can see Adria and Morgan cancelling each other out but not oma and anubis......and i also got the impression that oma was punished because this was not the first time she got tricked.
                              Anubis was fully ascended, there were no actual limitations on his power, it was just the threat that the Others would kill him if he actually used his power. Anubis was able to come and go from the Astral Diner unlike Daniel who at the time was in a position resembling half ascended. The term "Half-ascended" was coined by Daniel before he had a full understanding of the situation.

I agree that Oma has most likely been tricked before. Maybe not ascending someone as evil as Anubis, but I'm sure that she would have helped some undesireables to ascend. I'm sure that more than a few of Oma's inductees have had difficulty following the rules of the Others, hell even Daniel broke the rules after less then a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X