Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am loving the fact that people are still posting in my thread

Comment

Along you line of thought, I also agree, that we were not the first ones in Destiny.
      If nobody had made to Destiny prior to the Icarus Group, then, the CO2 purifiers would never be so overly used.
      In order for the CO2 Scrubbers to be so dirty, there has to be CO2 producers on Destiny.
      I mean, let's see, more than 80 people in Destiny for a period of 1 year, creates a degradation of the Scrubbers to give the crew headaches.
      Yet what we saw in the first episode looks worse. If no one was in Destiny prior to the Icarus crew, then, the Scrubbers should not have been so dirty.
      You can't accumulate CO2 when there's nobody producing CO2.
      You can scrub the same air many times over, however, it wouldn't have any more CO2 to scrub without something or someone producing CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        no, once again we were told that NO one has been aboard before Scott got there.
        Actually, Dr. Rush surmised the Ancients never made to Destiny, however, As has been the case, many times, Dr. Rush is wrong on many occasions.
        He's only guessing.
        What he states may or may not be factual.
        Therefore, quoting the Crew's statements as fact is a fool's errand.
        They do NOT know. They're doing a lot of guessing.

Comment

That, I believe, is the most likely scenario.
          The Icarus crew gating back to Destiny prior to their first entry, and uploading themselves into Destiny though the Neuro Chair.
          I mean, the coincidences and the timing of Destiny stops on the planets is too perfect to be natural.
          It seems that Destiny has knowledge of the future events.
          Which can only point to the Icarus Crew gating back to Destiny in the past.

Comment

As for the third shuttle bay I have a hunch it was left there for redundancy tbh. It doesn't mean that there was a 3rd shuttle. Each shuttle bay has a tunnel that the shuttle docks with. What happens if that tunnel gets damaged? - you have a shuttle that can't dock.

Therefore I propose that the 3rd bay was for redundancy.

Of course this raises the question of the ancients confidence in their own shields and why the shuttles were not docked internally inside destiny.

Comment

Got to give my input into this. Ok, so if nobody has ever been aboard Destiny before us (lets pretend that the Ancients intended it this way) why did the Ancients put Shuttles that were clearly intended to be piloted by people on the ship? Why was there life-support, if all the intended purpose of Destiny's mission was to find this pattern (presumably collect data on it) then that data could be sent through the gate once collected, therefore no need for people to go aboard therefore no need for life support. Why was there basic things like furniture if nobody ever crewed Destiny and it was never intended to be crewed? (things like chairs, tables, crews quarters etc). It is my view that the Ancients crewed Destiny or sent another race to crew it (not wanting to sacrifice themselves on what they knew would be a lifetime journey). That theory would make sense now that I think about it. The Ancients built Destiny and sent another race aboard it, knowing that they wouldn't come back due to the length of the journey and not wanting to sacrifice themselves. This unknown race then realised they weren't going back so decided to abandon the ship and set up shop somewhere else. Again just speculation but a plausible theory. Although I think there is too much evidence aboard Destiny that proves people of some form were or were intended to be aboard Destiny. Either that or the writers didn't think it through very well at all (thats also very plausible).

Ash

Comment

Working...
              X