We were not the first people to board Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were not the first people to board Destiny

By my count, there were at least TWO, if not THREE groups of people there before us. The data is conflicting and it's probably mostly due to writer error but here's where i'm at..

I'm rewatching Air part 1-2 as we speak. Number one, they say point blank that someone was there before us. Our Destiny crew says point blank that the previous crew jammed something underneath the door to the damaged shuttle in order to save time so they could get to the shuttle to live. This is what broke the door mechanism that killed Chloe's dad.

Now, if they were successful in getting out(which they must have been or else, where are the bodies?), then why is there a shuttle at this dock? Someone had to have returned it at some point. It had most likely been through a battle, hence the broken window.

So that leaves more questions: 1) Where did the people go that brought the shuttle back? Did they leave through the gate? Are their bodies somewhere on the ship still? 2) Did they take the third shuttle that's missing? 3) Did they complete Destiny's mission and ascend or something? 4) Were they even the same people that took the shuttle in the first place?

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: I've been drinking tonight so if none of this makes sense, dont think less of me :-P

ummm no. the expedition tried to put something under the door.
    TJ:They, uh, tried jamming something into the shuttle doorway to keep it open long enough to let the person inside get out.

CHLOE:But it-it just opens again. Some sort of safety mechanism, like an elevator.
    so yea no one else has been aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      ummm no. the expedition tried to put something under the door.

so yea no one else has been aboard.
      dude reread what you just typed. that makes no sense to me. why would WE jam something underneath a door to let someone else out? we had just gotten there and the the shuttle was leaking atmo. sounds like a pronoun fail on someone's end.

edit: reread like six times and i'm sort of seeing what you mean, that they were testing to see if we could let someone out. but my problem here is that the door was stuck open when we got there indicating that it had a problem way before were arrived. see Eli's Kino footage of the door when he discovers it
      Last edited by themeatcleaver; 29 January 2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
        dude reread what you just typed. that makes no sense to me. why would WE jam something underneath a door to let someone else out? we had just gotten there and the the shuttle was leaking atmo. sounds like a pronoun fail on someone's end.

edit: reread like six times and i'm sort of seeing what you mean, that they were testing to see if we could let someone out. but my problem here is that the door was stuck open when we got there indicating that it had a problem way before were arrived. see Eli's Kino footage of the door when he discovers it
        maybe the doors have an automatic open and close function, perhaps to test the system or maybe ht efact that it was so old and the window in teh shuttle broke then the door jammed. maybe the shuttle was hit with something and twisted back making the door incapable of being sealed.

we were the first aboard, the writers have said so many many many times.

Comment

Setting aside the door jamming.

The fact still remains that the third shuttle is not there.
          We also know that Destiny is severely battle damaged, and that the Destiny itself seems to have some sort of intelligence.
          My thoughts are that maybe at some point there was a crew of Ancients on board Destiny. Possibly when it was first launched, possibly at a later time. I'm thinking that Destiny was attacked by someone and when the situation became hopeless, the Ancient crew abandoned ship in the missing shuttle. Possibly the Captain or another member, remained on board using the chair to buy time for the shuttle to safely escape, and this person then used the chair to "merge" with the ship in a manner similar to what Franklin may have done, which is where Destiny's intelligence may come from.

It's all just speculation (and I only just thought it up) but it's entirely possible. We will most likely never know much details about Destiny's journey prior to the arrival of Col. Young and co.
          There may not even be a third shuttle, if I remember correctly didn't the whole third shuttle theory start because it looks like there might be a third landing bay? Maybe what looks like a landing bay is just something else.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post

We also know that Destiny is severely battle damaged, and that the Destiny itself seems to have some sort of intelligence.
            My thoughts are that maybe at some point there was a crew of Ancients on board Destiny. Possibly when it was first launched, possibly at a later time. I'm thinking that Destiny was attacked by someone and when the situation became hopeless, the Ancient crew abandoned ship in the missing shuttle. Possibly the Captain or another member, remained on board using the chair to buy time for the shuttle to safely escape, and this person then used the chair to "merge" with the ship in a manner similar to what Franklin may have done, which is where Destiny's intelligence may come from.

It's all just speculation (and I only just thought it up) but it's entirely possible. We will most likely never know much details about Destiny's journey prior to the arrival of Col. Young and co.
            There may not even be a third shuttle, if I remember correctly didn't the whole third shuttle theory start because it looks like there might be a third landing bay? Maybe what looks like a landing bay is just something else.
            no, once again we were told that NO one has been aboard before Scott got there.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post

What third shuttle?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                no, once again we were told that NO one has been aboard before Scott got there.
                Yeah, and I agree. That's why I said that what I was saying was just idle speculation (you know, fun) and I followed it up with points that could disprove what I was saying.

Anyway who told us that no one had been aboard before Scott? Was it Rush? if so I don't a believe a word he says. If it was Mallozzi on his blog, then it carries a bit more weight, but not that much.
                Fact is that if SGU had gotten it's full 5 season run, then no ones knows for sure what stories would have been revealed about Destiny's past, and that includes TPTB.

Comment

Rush said that he found out that the Ancients were "never here", but he doesn't say no one else had been aboard I don't think.

Comment

ther definatly is a third shuttle bay, and I also think that the fact that the air filtration system was needing to have the filters changed out plus all th ebattle damage plus that fact that the systems were locked out does indicate that there was indeed someone else aboard at one time and that a battle was fought leading whoever was aboard to evacuate. there is so much more to destiny's story pre icarus team arrival. I hope one day someone revisits sgu to give us that adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Rush said that he found out that the Ancients were "never here", but he doesn't say no one else had been aboard I don't think.
                      Rush has proved over and over again that his word means nothing. The only scenes when Rush can be taken at his word are when he is talking to his "wife" on the bridge. Anything he tells the crew must be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

I believe that ancients were aboard and the ship came under attack, some evacuated while others stayed behind to fight(they got killed and ascended) and became the planet builders.they then set up this planet for ppl to ascend so cain and company did ascend ,much like when skaara ascended but came back to talk to sg1.

Comment

ONCE AGAIN!

We were TOLD by the WRITERS that NO ONE has EVER been aboard!

Comment

nobody has been onboard before us.

in Air they say that they tried jamming the door, so when someone closed the door from within the shuttle, that person would have enough time to get out, but the doors simply opened again.

the Third Shuttle is most likely lost due to damage or so.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              I don't think anyone has ever been on board before but what if (and oh how I love my what if's!) WE (the crew) were the ones that had been aboard the Destiny in some sort of alternate timeline and did all the damage? Yeah, okay, so that's not more than likely not it. I think I'll stick with - no one's ever been on board
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X