No announcement yet.

Doctor Who DVD/BD News Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received this email today from the BBC Shop Customer Service informing me about a delay in the UK release of the Doctor Who Series 8 boxset and thought I should make you all aware of it:
    Dear Alan XXXXX

We're contacting you with regards to your recent order: XXXXX

We wanted to let you know that the UK release of Doctor Who Series 8 (DVD) (bbcdvd3935) has been delayed by one week. This is due to a recent classification change for the series finale which necessitated a reprint of the DVD & Blu-Ray cover. The new release date for this title is 24th November 2014.

Your order will continue to be processed as normal and payment taken when the order is dispatched.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I hope they get on with The Underwater Menace. I'd like to hear the new audiences' reaction to it.
      I thought it was a whopper, as the 11th Doctor might say.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The Underwater Menace: DVD update
        Friday, 05 December, 2014 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/12...214120008.html

BBC Worldwide have given an update on the status of the last classic story expected to be released on DVD, The Underwater Menace:
        We hope to release ‘The Underwater Menace’ in 2015. We delayed the release to ensure that our publishing schedule is phased appropriately across the year and the episodes will be animated.

The highly anticipated DVD will include the only known existing episode that has yet to be made officially available to own, episode two (rediscovered in 2011).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The Underwater Menace DVD Release Removed From Schedule (For Now)

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/The-U...or-Now%29.aspx

The BBC DVD Enquiry Line have confirmed to DWO that The Underwater Menace DVD (originally due for release in 2014, and rescheduled for 2015) has been removed from the 2015 schedules for the time being.

The last Classic Series Doctor Who DVD release was the previously missing adventure, The Web Of Fear, which was released on 24th February 2014 - exactly a year ago today!

It is not known what the future holds for the range, but the team are currently "exploring options" and are hoping to fire up the range again later in the year.

Anyone wishing to express their support for The Underwater Menace release can do so by sending an email using the BBC's online contact form http://www.bbcworldwide.com/contact-us.aspx , or by sending a polite letter to:

BBC Worldwide Ltd
          33 Foley Street
          London
          W1W 7TL
          UK

Fans have also started an online petition, which you can sign, here https://www.change.org/p/bbc-worldwi...-menace-on-dvd

DWO are expecting an official statement from BBC Consumer Products shortly and we will post more information as we get it.

Comment

That's kind of silly. With Doctor Who currently not on air, it would've been the perfect time for release.
            Besides, they should know we'd gobble up any Second Doctor DVDs.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Wednesday, 17th June 2015
              REELTIME SIGNS DISTRIBUTION DEAL FOR DOCTOR WHO SPIN-OFF DRAMA DOWNTIME!

http://timetravel-tv.tumblr.com/post...for-doctor-who

Yesterday, REELTIME and TROPICANA HOLDINGS signed a new distribution deal with OMiP to distribute DOWNTIME, the DOCTOR WHO spin-off drama.

At the signing were (L to R) IAN LEVINE, OMiP CEO MICHAEL INFANTE and KEITH BARNFATHER from REELTIME.

The signing took place at PINEWOOD STUDIOS over a lovely lunch in the restaurant - many thanks to MICHAEL.

OMiP will be deciding on their marketing and sales strategy over the next few weeks and we will keep you informed as the details become clear.

OMiP will be making the drama available across most if not all media platforms and we will be pointing customers to any relevant URL’s and we will be offering their DVD release through our website.

Right now, we are working on a new behind-the-scenes documentary to go with the production - featuring a great deal of material never seen before!

For those of you not aware of what Downtime is, check this page out but beware - SPOILERS!: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Downtime

Downtime acts as a sequel to the Patrick Troughton era stories The Abominable Snowmen and The Web of Fear. It stars Nicholas Courtney as "Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart", Elisabeth Sladen as "Sarah Jane Smith", Deborah Watling as "Victoria Waterfield", Jack Watling as "Professor Edward Travers", and introduces the character of "Kate Lethbridge-Stewart" played in this drama by Beverley Cressman. It features UNIT and sees them battle the Great Intelligence and its robot Yeti troops.

Comment

That's good news. I've been wanted to get my hands on a decent copy of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  That's good news. I've been wanted to get my hands on a decent copy of this.
                  Me too! I've been wanting this for ages! I'm looking forward to owning a good high quality, special feature packed DVD copy! And hopefully this will eventually lead to Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans being released too!

Comment

An intriguing tweet from BBC Worldwide:

BBC Worldwide
                    @BBCWPress
                    We're hoping to release more classic Doctor Who and we'll let you know when we have news.

Comment

Oh the teasers!! What can it mean?!

Comment

Oh the teasers!! What can it mean?!
                        Well heads are definitely being scratched. The Underwater Menace DVD has been cancelled and there is nothing else left to release apart from the two remaining episodes of that story...unless...unless more missing episodes have been returned to the archives? I dare not build my hopes up too high in case I come down crashing even harder from potential disappointment. "Time will tell. It always does."

Comment

I feel much the same way Alan. It's all so odd that they haven't released The Underwater Menace when it's pretty much ready to go - artwork for the DVD done, interviews done. As you say time will tell, but I hope that the information comes sooner rather than later!

Comment

I feel much the same way Alan. It's all so odd that they haven't released The Underwater Menace when it's pretty much ready to go - artwork for the DVD done, interviews done. As you say time will tell, but I hope that the information comes sooner rather than later!
                            Well according to this article it had something to do with the animation company the BBC were planning to use to animate the two missing episodes ceasing trade.

Comment

Monday, 3rd August 2015
                              WARTIME TO BE RELEASED NEXT MONTH!!!!

THE VERY FIRST INDEPENDENT DOCTOR WHO DRAMA TO BE RE-RELEASED ON DVD, DOWNLOAD AND STREAM FOR THE FIRST TIME

http://timetravel-tv.tumblr.com/post...sed-next-month

Re-mastered and re-graded, with a full stereo sound mix by MARK AYRES, this is the first time WARTIME has been made available in digital media.

This classic 1988 drama featured Sergeant Benton from UNIT as he battles both a terrorist threat and ghosts from his past - including his father (played by MICHAEL “Davros” WISHER).

Also featuring the voice of NICHOLAS COURTNEY … and if you look hard you’ll see NICHOLAS “Voice of the Daleks” BRIGGS!

Also available will be an in-depth documentary special feature recounting the history of independent DOCTOR WHO spin-off dramas.

The DVD will also feature a photo gallery plus the first 500 copies will be printed with a reversible inlay - featuring both the new cover artwork by MARTIN BAINES and the original 1988 art by PHIL BEVAN.

A real treat for all Cult TV fans!

Comment

Why don't they animate The Crusade? There's only two episodes missing there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X