Woolsey on SGU .Spoilers for "Seizure"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey on SGU .Spoilers for "Seizure"

I'm real interested to see how they are going to treat the character of Woolsey on SGU...

Spoiler:
    He is scheduled to be in the same episode as McKay in the back half of S2

His personality is a total clash with the other characters on the show. Depending on who he will be interacting with, we could get to see another side of the man.

Hopefully he is going to be closer to his SG1 personality than his SGA one - I'd love to see the showdown between Woolsey and Young when Woolsey learns of some of the stuff Young did.

It's a shame they won't make him a regular (if the show was to continue (which is now more and more likely!)).

i liked his S5 personality.

i doubt he's a total clash. since his time in Atlantis he knows that following the rules isn't always the right thing

Comment

Woolsey has no real authority with the IOA anymore, since he's more or less just an administrator as the head of Atlantis and nothing else. While he might be annoyed with whatever Young has or has not done, he has no authority to reprimand him for anything. Plus, having been an administrator for a year, he can see that things can't always follow the book or the rules, and a lot of leeway must be allowed in many situations. And Camille Wray has more "authority" with Young than Woolsey would.

This is only a guess, but since the episode he is in (IIRC) has a connection to Langara (Jonas Quinn's planet) and the potential power source, I'm thinking they'll have him doing some sort of negotiating with those in charge on Langara, but that's just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
        I'm real interested to see how they are going to treat the character of Woolsey on SGU...

Spoiler:

His personality is a total clash with the other characters on the show. Depending on who he will be interacting with, we could get to see another side of the man.

Hopefully he is going to be closer to his SG1 personality than his SGA one - I'd love to see the showdown between Woolsey and Young when Woolsey learns of some of the stuff Young did.

It's a shame they won't make him a regular (if the show was to continue (which is now more and more likely!)).
        i don't see how the show is more and more likely to continue

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
          i don't see how the show is more and more likely to continue
          just wanted to green your for you awesome SIG ...love the NX-01...I am in the beginning of Season 2 myself.. watched 4 Episodes last night, got really good... shame it ended with only four seasons...
          sorry guys..back to topic
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, it's more unlikely since Syfy has cancelled it.

Comment

Spoiler:

This is the one episode that has me excited in the 2nd half lineup. That said I read they won't let McKay and Woolsey overshadow the regulars.

Any details on that?

Comment

Spoiler:

Do you know something we don't?

Anyways, I always found Wolsey extremely bland so I highly doubt he would add something to SGU as a regular (hell, we have more than enough characters already, we don't need any more of them). I am still hoping Seizure will be good despite him and McKay running rampant and clashing with characters who are written very differently.
                In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

I don't think that Woolsey will really be interacting with too many of the destiny crew, or even be on board Destiny.

Spoiler:

The cast for the episode includes a Langaran Ambassador, so I think it is likely that McKay and Woosley will be in negotiations with the Langarans for naquadria and as such be involved in the Earth-bound side of the story and not the Destiny-bound side.

Comment

Woolsey was like ten times better at being Mr. IOA than Wray, wish they had him. There was alot of mystery to his character to that I wouldve liked for them to explore.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                      Woolsey was like ten times better at being Mr. IOA than Wray, wish they had him. There was alot of mystery to his character to that I wouldve liked for them to explore.
                      This.

I freaking love Woolsey, he's one of my fav SG characters!

Spoiler tag includes allusion to D-Toc's spoilers above.

Spoiler:
                      bonus points: one of the leaders from Langara back in the day was played by Eli's mom

Comment

I look forward to seeing Woolsey again.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          bonus points: one of the leaders from Langara back in the day was played by Eli's mom
                          Thats cool. She also played a young Catherine Langford in 1969.

Comment

What's point of point putting a spoiler warning in the title as well as the spoiler itself, and then using tags in the thread?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X