• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Firefly (310)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    THE FIREFLY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310

When an Observer brings a dead boy from the past to speak with his father, Walter tries to help the man -- one of his musical idols -- remember the conversation and understand the Observer's ultimate agenda.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 March 2014, 01:22 PM.

This is the sort of episode that makes me really mad about the Friday move. It was fantastic, confusing, revealing, had lots of Observer stuff, and ultimately raised more questions than it answered. Awesome.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Another terrific episode in a terrific season of a terrific damn show. Seriously, losing this show would be a gutpunch right about now, especially with episodes like this coming along and showing up damn near every single other episode of television I've watched this year (Which hasn't been much, but still!).

The Firefly was fantastic, for nearly everybody (Broyles got the shaft a bit, which is a shame considering how awesome his counterpart was. Something to come?) for various reasons, but I'll call it a big Walter episode. Blah blah John Noble is a god blah blah. Anna Torv is awesome. Joshua Jackson is awesome... We've all heard me go on before!

So, to Christopher Lloyd, everybody's favourite Doc Brown years later. What an awesome guy. Made for a nice Walter buddy (Especially with calling Astrid "Kelly") and knocked every scene out of the park, especially the one where he recites the events of his son's death, playing off of John Noble's awesome reaction to realising what he caused by saving Peter, even in the smallest way.

More Observers is always nice. The Peter/Olivia stuff wasn't monumental or anything, but it was nice to see Peter not backing down and Olivia thawing just a tad bit. Astrid is fast becoming Walter's best confidant, and that little relationship is just a great little thing on the sides.

So yeah, I enjoyed this episode. Can't wait for next week.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Another great Fringe episodes this season. They are all great up to now.

Christopher Lloyd was very good as the ex rock band player in his retirement home. I thought he would have played some form of crazy scientist, but he was something completely opposite.

I like how the Observer storyline plays out with the butterfly effect story. Since I saw the episode Plateau, one of my favorite episode, I always thought the observer could be an advanced form of Milo in a distant future. Some kind of the future of humanity. As Milo they seem to be able to predict the future by calculating the most probable outcome of any actions.

Then they mentioned the first people and I thought the first people could be the last human from a very distant future, both at the same time. Since milo-like advanced human in the future could have traveled back into the past and be considered the first people.

So I was really surprised when Walter told Peter that the observers weren't human toward the end of the episode. I wonder if he knows that for a fact, or he just mean they are not human as we would normally understand it, but some advanced form of humans (without him knowing about it).

I love how this episode played out as some form of mystery as to know what was the real intent of the observers. At first, their actions doesn't seem to make sense but you know they were getting somewhere with it (like when the observer kept the asthma air pump).

Overall a great Fringe episode again. 9/10
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Excellent episode. Season 3 of Fringe definately continues to deliver!
          sigpic

Comment

Boy have I missed this show. This episode delivered on so many levels, and Christopher Lloyd was indeed superb in his guest appearance. It is nice to see Olivia and Peter at least trying to work through this some.

The preview for next week left me with my mouth wide open. Looks amazing.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Boy have I missed this show. This episode delivered on so many levels, and Christopher Lloyd was indeed superb in his guest appearance. It is nice to see Olivia and Peter at least trying to work through this some.

The preview for next week left me with my mouth wide open. Looks amazing.
              sigpic

Comment

holy crap what a great episode, Doc Brown was awesome great to see him play something unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  holy crap what a great episode, Doc Brown was awesome great to see him play something unexpected.
                  Mr. Lloyd really surprised me with how strong he portrayed his character. I thought he would do a good job, but not that good.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Mr. Lloyd really surprised me with how strong he portrayed his character. I thought he would do a good job, but not that good.
                    I must concur...he did a fantastic job!
                    sigpic

Comment

I hope they can bring him back somehow...

Comment

I agree...I think he would be cool as a reoccurring character
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep it was a great ep. Those Observers sure are sneaky! Nice to see a little more attempted repair at the Olivia/Peter relationship. That's gonna take a lot of time to sort out.
                          Christopher Lloyd's character was great too - especially when he was a hard sell on the time travel concept
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Nah. While he was as awesome as awesome could be in this episode, the purpose of his character was simply to facilitate the "firefly" story. He did a phenomenal job in this episode, but I think we should leave it at that.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              Yep it was a great ep. Those Observers sure are sneaky!
                              Sneaky is one way to put it when you're in a police car and get rammed by one of them!!
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X