Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGUnite - For Those Wanting to Save SGU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGUnite - For Those Wanting to Save SGU!

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd let you know that SGU campaigns are uniting under the SGUnite page over at: http://facebook.com/SGUnite - so that page will be offering the latest news from all campaigns and all the latest news regarding SGU. It'll also be informing users how they can help out to save the show.

Hope you can all check it out and let us know what you think!
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

SGUnite.com will be run by the stargate community so it should be exciting seeing everyone contributing to this new site.
    sigpic

Comment

This might be off topic but SGU is falling behind quite a bit for the shorty adward, and some Filipino preacher is in he lead. What gives?
      sigpic

Comment

<Mod snip of quoted post>

Melnick501 :
        This might be off topic but SGU is falling behind quite a bit for the shorty adward, and some Filipino preacher is in he lead. What gives?
        Huh?
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 January 2011, 03:50 PM.
        They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

it seems that when you dont force people to vote they end up not. that or as a fanbase we once again impressed no one.
          sigpic

Comment

no one cares? They say the SGU forums on gateworld are the last place to find SGU fans.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
              SGUnite.com will be run by the stargate community so it should be exciting seeing everyone contributing to this new site.
              Yep . I really hope it works out well.

Originally posted by Melnick501 View Post
              What's even worse is that the guy promoting it has, overall, more nominations than MGM. He's mislead people to think that a vote for him is a vote for SGU. It's sad to see people exploit the SGU fanbase for their own personal gain.

To be honest, I think the Shorty Awards are vastly overhyped, again, for this guy's own personal gain. They've only been around for three years, and I don't think that an award like this would be a deciding factor for MGM when it comes to the future of SGU.

Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                Yep . I really hope it works out well.

What's even worse is that the guy promoting it has, overall, more nominations than MGM. He's mislead people to think that a vote for him is a vote for SGU. It's sad to see people exploit the SGU fanbase for their own personal gain.

To be honest, I think the Shorty Awards are vastly overhyped, again, for this guy's own personal gain. They've only been around for three years, and I don't think that an award like this would be a deciding factor for MGM when it comes to the future of SGU.
                Thats funny because I noticed the savesgu farther down and thought what a waste of votes, why would someone vote for him? Talk about using people for personal gain.
                sigpic

Comment

Thats funny because I noticed the savesgu farther down and thought what a waste of votes, why would someone vote for him? Talk about using people for personal gain.
                  He did threaten to destroy the save SGU campaign, if we didn't cooperate. Maybe thats something he will try to do after he loses the awards. Actually he is so unpredictable not so sure what he wants. But if SGU has its biggest save SGU campaign run by someone who doesn't even care about SGU, then that speaks volumes about the situation fandom is in.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not just that, but his actual personal account, his personal Twitter got the most votes out of MGM, SaveSGU and his own account.

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                    He did threaten to destroy the save SGU campaign, if we didn't cooperate. Maybe thats something he will try to do after he loses the awards. Actually he is so unpredictable not so sure what he wants. But if SGU has its biggest save SGU campaign run by someone who doesn't even care about SGU, then that speaks volumes about the situation fandom is in.
                    I don't know if it's about the fandom, I think it was just unlucky that he understands how to market the page. The vast majority of people who like the SaveSGU campaign don't like it because of the guy in control, but because they want to save SGU.
                    In fact, one of the reasons I'm working on SGUnite is because it should be a group effort, not some guy at the top telling everybody else what to do.

I think it's just unlucky that he got the save SGU page first and thus has the most amount of influence. It doesn't say anything about fandom, but it does say a lot about the guy running the pages. (Unless I misunderstood what you meant? xP)

Spoiler:
                    *beep*

Comment

DuneKnight, you're sig frightens me.

I don't have Stars...
                      sigpic
                      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I think that its great that somebody is finally trying to do something about SGU being cancelled.
                        Sy fy need to know that the show still has fans.

Comment

Not just that, but his actual personal account, his personal Twitter got the most votes out of MGM, SaveSGU and his own account.
                          So is the Filipino preacher the one who runs save SGU? If so thats messed up, what does he have to do with television?
                          sigpic

Comment

So is the Filipino preacher the one who runs save SGU? If so thats messed up, what does he have to do with television?
                            No, not him. I'm talking about TheDudeDean. He has more votes in Social Networking than MGM has votes in TV. He's exploited the fan base to vote for him and his personal accounts.

Spoiler:
                            *beep*

Comment

No, not him. I'm talking about TheDudeDean. He has more votes in Social Networking than MGM has votes in TV. He's exploited the fan base to vote for him and his personal accounts.
                              Okay I see now, that is pretty low for someone to take advantage of fans wanting their show back. These last episodes are gonna be hard to watch, I have a feeling they put a lot of work in these to win people back. Better to go out in a bang I guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X