Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    {Shrike}

Spoiler:
    A quiet grunt followed Rhys' explanation, and Shrike leant over the alien tech to examine its primitive interface. Even as he did so, he knew the other was troubled by the Commander seeking alliance with the humans of Atlantis, an emotion he could not fault him for. It went against his very nature to consort in such a manner with food.

~The beaming technology is indeed far superior ~ he conceded, and drummed his talons thoughtfully. Such an addition to their arsenal could prove most useful, not least in the all too frequent skirmishes between rival hives. ~Perhaps there is a role for the Lanteans, after all ~ he murmured, almost to himself, and then scrutinised the Security Officer, whose demeanour spoke of great irritation. ~Work with the child, and report to me if she becomes... troublesome ~

He bent back over the console, reading the schematics rapidly, and added, ~Your ability to remain impartial is necessary, sub-commander, and you must ensure the work regarding this find is a priority. You will not question the Commander's orders, and you will not antagonise Reese ~

{Rhys}

Good news and bad news, Rhys thought. The good news were that Shrike considered this find important enough to make working on it a priority. It was always good to have one's abilities of assessment confirmed and appreciated. Rhys would have to make sure the Chief Engineer got informed as soon as possible.

The bad news were that Shrike had felt it necessary to warn him to remain impartial. Rhys always thought of himself as a professional and the hive came first in whatever he did. Even though he was certain the daughter would utterly annoy him, he would do his best to adapt the Lantean beaming technology. But there was a silver lining - Shrike knew enough of the child to offer Rhys a last resort. If things went downhill he could still report her to the Second. Not that he would take this step lightly - after all it could be expected of him that he could deal with a youngling.

He lowered his head in agreement. ~I will proceed as you ordered and will take the necessary steps to ensure the schematics will be analysed. And I will work with the child. Do not worry, I will be able to handle her.~

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post

{Bullseye} , {Chief Engineer}

Spoiler:
    A sense of triumph emanated from the clevermen taking measurements at the hull, as soaking in the energy from the sun, the hive began to respond favorably and heal with greater speed.

With the dart repair complete, the Chief Engineer divided up groups of clevermen to begin growing more replacement part stock and look into the recent problem with the pods.

A few, he left in the dart bay for wrapping up loose ends on dart repair and weapons testing. It was just as well: a group of blades had already assembled around Bullseye and a loud, excited, and animated discussion was underway about testing the repaired energy weapons on nearby asteroids. Using them like skeet, the asteroids were to be blown apart by the comet-like pulses of energy racing through the sky. The hive was in perfect placement, their position partially shielded by the sun to conceal such boisterous activity.

{Glade}

Life on this hiveship was never getting boring. Since he had come here, Glade had learned much about other Wraith cultures. Things were handled different on this ship than on his birthhive - which was no wonder, considering this crew was a mix of Wraith from all over the galaxy. Guide had a knack for drawing the most extraordinary blades and clevermen to him. Glade had only seen him once but he had felt the aura of power he emitted, and he was excited to be part of this hive, even though it meant he was in constant danger of being blown out of the sky.

Stepping out of the transporter, he approached his destination in the dart bay. A group of blades was clustered around Bullseye, apparently having fun in testing the weapons systems. Respectfully he stepped up to Bullseye and bowed slightly. ~I hope I do not interrupt anything of importance but I finished my work on the bridge and was sent here to ask if there was still anything that requires repair.~
    Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 15 February 2011, 09:23 AM. Reason: forgot a ~

Comment

<Bridge>

{Random Cleverman} NPC

Watching intently over the displays feeding down, the Cleverman knitted his brow, something far out on a system the hive had not long ago passed by caused him to take particular attention. Not so much for the event itself but it's location, it was quite close to the Lantean homeworld. ~Commander, our systems are detecting three large unidentified ships, they have just exited a hyperspace event, not a days distance from the Lantean city~

Comment

{Shrike}

~, our systems are detecting three large unidentified ships, they have just exited a hyperspace event, not a days distance from the Lantean city~

A low growl erupted from Shrike, and he met Rhys' eyes, his teeth bared in a snarl. ~ETA! ~ he snapped, accessing the pool of thought, his mind already flowing along the pathways his brother mapped out before him.

His fingers flashed across the membranous interface, finger guards glinting in the blueish light, bringing up the information he required. Hissing, he looked at Rhys again. ~Leave me ~

The algorithms he needed to encrypt the data stream before he sent it to Atlantis were not common knowledge, not even to the Security Chief, and Shrike could not risk the knowledge becoming too widespread. The data crystal he carried in the hidden pocket of his coat almost burned.
        sigpic

Comment

<Bridge>

{Random Cleverman} NPC

~They are tracking toward the system we identified as non worthy of culling, the humans call it Bakun, possibly six hours at sublight speed. Though not knowing who, or the type of ship, that could be conservative Commander. Their profile is similar to the Ancient Aurora class, but much larger.~

Comment

{Shrike}

~Send the telemetry to this station ~ Shrike demanded, fixed on the new information coming to life beneath his fingertips. Ancient ships? Heading to Bakun? A frown creased his brow, and he placed his off hand in his pocket, fingered the crystal. A fascinating development.
            sigpic

Comment

<Bridge>

{Random Cleverman} NPC

~Sending data now Commander. Updated, they are heavily armed, I would not like to be the Hive to take one of those on, let alone three. Based on my calculations....~ The cleverman stopped his thoughts, he would allow the Commnader to make his own assessments. ~...they are extremely dangerous Commander~

Comment

{Rhys}

This was unexpected. Rhys would have loved to stay and learn more about the strange ships but Shrike's order had been unequivocal. The Second was radiating impatience and agitation which was no wonder under these circumstances.

Briefly baring his teeth in disappointment, Rhys nodded and backed away, aware that Shrike was hiding something from him. But Rhys had his orders and got work to do; the Second would not tolerate him lingering here and he pulled himself together.

As he left, his thoughts were spinning around the question who these strange ships belonged to. Either the Travelers or the hostile alien race they knew pitiful little of. The Travelers usually didn't create fleets - that would make them vulnerable as it drew too much attention. Whatever Shrike planned, Rhys hoped they would not engage the strange ships in a battle; he could still feel the faint sensation of the hive's pain in his mind.

Rhys was on his way to meet the Chief Engineer when a telepathic message of a drone teased him with a nice prospect - the human female he and Astor had converted had woken up. Astor will be delighted to hear of this, Rhys thought, curling his lips in a smirk that showed his sharp teeth. Sadly, I have no time to waste for her now, first I need to talk to the engineers.

Rhys issued an order to the drone to contact Astor to let him know of the human. ~Relay to him, I will him meet him at the holding cell as soon as possible.~

A dull sense of confirmation came back over the telepathic network. The drone would do as he was told.

((OOC: Feel free to do some converting, Leeta. ))

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

{Glade}

Life on this hiveship was never getting boring. Since he had come here, Glade had learned much about other Wraith cultures. Things were handled different on this ship than on his birthhive - which was no wonder, considering this crew was a mix of Wraith from all over the galaxy. The Old One had a knack for drawing the most extraordinary blades and clevermen to him. Glade had only seen him once but he had felt the aura of power the Old One emitted, and he was excited to be part of this hive, even though it meant he was in constant danger of being blown out of the sky.

Stepping out of the transporter, he approached his destination in the dart bay. A group of blades was clustered around Bullseye, apparently having fun in testing the weapons systems. Respectfully he stepped up to Bullseye and bowed slightly. ~I hope I do not interrupt anything of importance but I finished my work on the bridge and was sent here to ask if there was still anything that requires repair.~

{Bullseye}

<Dart Bay>

One standard hour had passed during the testing of the dart weapons, the necessary portion having been concluded twenty minutes ago. Aside from masked warriors patrolling the area, the dart bay was now empty, save for Glade, Bullseye, and the group of blades. Helpful was it was to have the blades pitching in and testing the weapons, it was time to move on for all of them. They excused themselves from the technical conversation that would likely ensue and waited for the last two blades to bring their darts back and dock them, all of them having taken turns flying in small groups. They walked off to the game room, speculating on the strange new ships that were approaching Bakun.

Bullseye nodded in acknowledgement to Glade. Bullseye had felt the calm mental presence of the newer Wraith on the hive, a presence that reminded him of clearings in the pine forests on the planet where he grew up. Yet, he hadn’t spoken to or worked with Glade in person. In fact, he was more than a little surprised the distanced apprentice had approached him.

~ Most of the remaining repairs consist of waiting, for both the hull to solidify and for the replacement parts to grow. We can join the other clevermen in the pod area or we can work on an any other technology you would like to study. ~

Giving the young cleverman a chance to think it over, Bullseye directed a two masked warriors to carry away a heavy vice with a target sighting attached to it, used to make sure the energy beam weapons didn’t move while being calibrated.
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 15 February 2011, 07:17 AM. Reason: forgot quotes in spoilers

Comment

{Shrike}

The data crystal turned over and over in Shrike's fingers as he considered his next move, barely acknowledging Rhys departure from the room as he read the tumbling glyphs in front of him. Was this information the Lanteans would find useful, and could it be another bargaining chip?

Slotting the warmed tech into the console, he quickly ran the telemetry through the encryption process, and huffedin satisfaction when the cycle completed. He read it back quickly, amended a few points, and removed it from the terminal.

Spinning on his heel, Shrike headed to the dart bay, linking with the Third, and sending advance warning to Bullseye of his return. ~I will be away from the Hive for some hours. Upon my return I expect it to be ready to go to hyperspace. Do I make myself clear? ~

The mist at his feet spun in eddies, swirling at the hem of his coat, as he moved through the ship to his destination.
                    sigpic

Comment

{Rhys}

Spoiler:
                      This was unexpected. Rhys would have loved to stay and learn more about the strange ships but Shrike's order had been unequivocal. The Second was radiating impatience and agitation which was no wonder under these circumstances.

Briefly baring his teeth in disappointment, Rhys nodded and backed away, aware that Shrike was hiding something from him. But Rhys had his orders and got work to do; the Second would not tolerate him lingering here and he pulled himself together.

As he left, his thoughts were spinning around the question who these strange ships belonged to. Either the Travelers or the hostile alien race they knew pitiful little of. The Travelers usually didn't create fleets - that would make them vulnerable as it drew too much attention. Whatever Shrike planned, Rhys hoped they would not engage the strange ships in a battle; he could still feel the faint sensation of the hive's pain in his mind.

Rhys was on his way to meet the Chief Engineer when a telepathic message of a drone teased him with a nice prospect - the human female he and Astor had converted had woken up. Astor will be delighted to hear of this, Rhys thought, curling his lips in a smirk that showed his sharp teeth. Sadly, I have no time to waste for her now, first I need to talk to the engineers.

Rhys issued an order to the drone to contact Astor to let him know of the human. ~Relay to him, I will him meet him at the holding cell as soon as possible.~

A dull sense of confirmation came back over the telepathic network. The drone would do as he was told.

((OOC: Feel free to do some converting, Leeta. ))

{Astor} {Haeda}

Astor walked the long corridors of the hive ship on his usual patrol. Patrolling was tiresome and he often found himself wishing that he was still on his former hive with his former pod brothers. Atleast his former hive had excitement on most days for him. He was lost in thought until a he sensed a presence approaching from ahead.

A drone walked around the corner and stopped before Astor with information regarding the female prisioner Haeda. She would be ready for another round of converting and Rhys would meet with Astor after finishing up more important business. Astor nodded at the drone and dismissed him. He turned his heal and headed back towards the holding cell where the prisioner was waiting. I hope he doesn't expect me to wait for him. Astor smiled as he neared the holding cell area. He liked this human female for she was hot tempered and he enjoyed a little fight in his prey.

He walked past the drones standing guard and the holding cells that held the normal prisioners. Some of them shouted at him reaching their hand out but he ignored them as he headed toward the cell Haeda was in. His footsteps slowed as he neared the special holding cell. He looked through the prision bars at Haeda who was sitting quietly in the corner with her eyes closed. She didn't seem to notice his presence. He let out a growl and she looked to see who was there. Her calm face turned angry and she quickly got up shouting at him.

'Let me out of here!' She screamed and punched the hive wall. The delicious scent he enjoyed so much was in the air again. He closed his eyes briefly as he took her scent in. He glanced down the corridor and then at Haeda knowing he would be capable enough to handle her alone and entered the holding cell. The bars closed behind him and he walked over to the human female forcing her against the corner wall as he leaned over her short frame. She was pounding her fists against his chest in an attempt to push him away.

What is he doing here by himself??

'Get off me! What are you doing?!... Answer me!' She saw his feeding hand move towards her. She desperately tried a few kicks on him but he didn't seem to be bothered by them. He put more of his weight against her and placed his feeding hand lightly on her chest. Her hands grabbed his wrist tightly and looked up at him with anger in her eyes. 'Go ahead and do it. It will be a relief for me if I die.' He was close enough to her that she could feel his breath on her face.

'You don't have to die. Serve us and you will be rewarded.' Astor flexed his feeding hand that was on her chest. He wasn't much for words especially human words. He hated having to talk out loud but since humans lacked telepathy he had no choice.

'Who's us? I only see you in this cell. Where's that other wraith? Not that I miss him or anything because I'd like to give him some punches as well.' Haeda laughed. He bared his teeth at her and sunk his claws into her flesh as he started to take her life force. She gasped and her grip tightened on his wrist. He placed his other hand against the wall to support his weight. He closed his eyes as he tasted her sweet lifeforce once again. He wanted to take it all but knew he couldn't. As her limit was reached he placed her life back into her and she returned to normal. He opened his eyes again and watched her gasp for air. He remained close to her.

'Serve us?' He widen his eyes and bared his teeth at her. She glared angrily up at him with a single tear falling from her face.

'No.'

Her tears was a sign of weakness and that she would break soon. Astor readied his feeding hand again for another round but suddenly sensed a presence outside the hive ship. It was alien and possibly hostile. He was in no mood to engage in battle but it was his duty to help his brothers first.

Haeda looked at him expecting him to repeat what he did but found that he was standing there staring at her with his yellow eyes. As she was about to say something he suddenly hissed in her face and quickly left the holding cell leaving her alone once again.
                      Last edited by Leeta; 25 February 2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: minor continuity edit
                      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post

{Bullseye}
                        Spoiler:
                        <Dart Bay>

One standard hour had passed during the testing of the dart weapons, the necessary portion having been concluded twenty minutes ago. Aside from masked warriors patrolling the area, the dart bay was now empty, save for Glade, Bullseye, and the group of blades. Helpful was it was to have the blades pitching in and testing the weapons, it was time to move on for all of them. They excused themselves from the technical conversation that would likely ensue and waited for the last two blades to bring their darts back and dock them, all of them having taken turns flying in small groups. They walked off to the game room, speculating on the strange new ships that were approaching Bakun.

Bullseye nodded in acknowledgement to Glade. Bullseye had felt the calm mental presence of the newer Wraith on the hive, a presence that reminded him of clearings in the pine forests on the planet where he grew up. Yet, he hadn’t spoken to or worked with Glade in person. In fact, he was more than a little surprised the distanced apprentice had approached him.

~ Most of the remaining repairs consist of waiting, for both the hull to solidify and for the replacement parts to grow. We can join the other clevermen in the pod area or we can work on an any other technology you would like to study. ~

Giving the young cleverman a chance to think it over, Bullseye directed a two masked warriors to carry away a heavy vice with a target sighting attached to it, used to make sure the energy beam weapons didn’t move while being calibrated.

{Glade}

<Dart Bay>

Watching the vice with interest, Glade thought about Bullseye's offer. He was relieved that all necessary repairs were done, and he was glad to be offered the opportunity to study a technology of his choice. Usually he was just ordered about by the senior clevermen.

~If my assistance is not required for urgent repairs I would very much like to study the ship's sensor arrays with your permission. Especially with the foreign ships approaching Bakun this could be useful. I would like to know how to the incoming data is analysed to identify the ships.~

Hoping his request hadn't been too bold he waited for Bullseye's reaction. Although he had not worked with him yet, Bullseye seemed to be a calm and focused man which Glade found reassuring as he didn't like to work with short-tempered tutors.

{Rhys} {Chief Engineer} - NPC

Locating the Chief Engineer had been the easy part; explaining to him what Rhys wanted had been somewhat tricky. The Chief Engineer was clearly in an impatient mood after he'd had to supervise all the urgent repairs. Nevertheless, Rhys had direct orders from the Second so the Chief Engineer would have to obey.

~Utmost priority you say?~ A hiss accompanied the question as the Chief Engineer straightened up to his full impressive height, glancing down at Rhys who was a couple of inches smaller.

Hissing in response, Rhys motioned for the Chief Engineer to follow him to the nearest computer terminal. ~Come and see for yourself.~ Reluctant, the Chief Engineer came closer and bared his teeth at Rhys, but as he beheld the stolen Daedalus schematics his stance became attentive and his eyes widened. ~I have to agree, this is interesting and I see why it should be our priority to analyse it.~ He ran his fingers over the screen, greedily tracing the outlines of the battleship displayed.

~I will leave you now to play with your new toy,~ Rhys chuckled but the Chief Engineer was already deeply immersed in the plans. That's the right attitude, Rhys thought.

Distracted the Chief Engineer called out to Rhys. ~Do not worry, I will work with my best men on this project. Shrike will see results very soon.~
                        Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 21 February 2011, 09:27 AM. Reason: removed siggie

Comment

{Bullseye}, {Chief Engineer}

Spoiler:

{Glade}

<Dart Bay>

Watching the vice with interest, Glade thought about Bullseye's offer. He was relieved that all necessary repairs were done, and he was glad to be offered the opportunity to study a technology of his choice. Usually he was just ordered about by the senior clevermen.

~If my assistance is not required for urgent repairs I would very much like to study the ship's sensor arrays with your permission. Especially with the foreign ships approaching Bakun this could be useful. I would like to know how to the incoming data is analysed to identify the ships.~

Hoping his request hadn't been too bold he waited for Bullseye's reaction. Although he had not worked with him yet, Bullseye seemed to be a calm and focused man which Glade found reassuring as he didn't like to work with short-tempered tutors.
                          Bullseye nodded in agreement with Glade’s reasonable request. ~ We have plenty of time to inspect the sensors. All that is left of the repairs are some heat-seared arteries connecting some of the hibernation pods. They are the least priority because hibernation isn’t an option for the hive any time soon, but will be repaired within the next hour or two anyhow.

You are correct, inspecting the sensors sounds like a good idea to make sure they are in perfect working order. We’ll start with the main sensor cluster at the front of the ship.~

Walking with Glade to the nearest transporter, he responded to two telepathic inquiries.

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          {Shrike}
                          Spinning on his heel, Shrike headed to the dart bay, linking with the Third, and sending advance warning to Bullseye of his return. ~I will be away from the Hive for some hours. Upon my return I expect it to be ready to go to hyperspace. Do I make myself clear? ~
                          Remotely accessing the hive’s computer network, Bullseye retrieved the measurements for the curing rate of the new hull growth. Based on that that rate of speed, he calculated that a few hours would be more than enough to allow the hive to be ready for hyperspace flight again. With no technological concerns regarding this timeframe, he responded affirmatively.

~Understood, Sir.~

{Chief Engineer} – NPC

Looking over the Daedalus schematics, the Chief Engineer remembered that Bullseye had been on board the ship. His mind reached out to the cleverman. ~Show me your memories of the Daedalus.~

As the imagery of the memories came to him, the Chief Engineer laughed dryly. The curious Wraith had walked through almost the entire ship when he had directed the masked warriors to gather up the unconscious human crew. He had looked over everything and committed it to memory. That was an unexpected bonus before the memories of the complex engineering room interface streamed to him: cold, box-like consoles, laden with many series of small screens, levers, knobs, and a seemingly endless array of multi-colored buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Now she had a point for her spear, Reese was pleased. Should she reveal her contact or not. There was little risk, if Thalinus betrayed her, Reese would simply dispose of him. "Bain Fadel, the mayor's daughter. She is somewhat of a priestess among her worshippers, they are something of two hunderd strong scattered across several worlds, yet she is only eighteen of her years. Strong willed, but a willow of a body." She looked him over again and nodded. "Come we will go and see Third and find out how well I stand in his esteem."

<<To Bridge>>
                            As Reese walked swiftly from her room to the bridge she spoke softly to Thalinus. "When we meet with Third, bow your head, do not speak unless spoken to and when you do, only honesty will serve, understood?"

Moving forward towards the bridge where she would find Third she reached out to him. ~Left Hand of my Father I would speak to you of great import and I need a request granted. I also bring the re-captured Worshipper and Mercenary Thalinus. He is now under my protection and mine to command~

(OOC I'm calling Bart, Izzy)

Comment

As he followed Reese to the bridge, Thalinus listened to her warning. Privately he wondered if Reese thought him a complete fool, that he would not show the necessary respect towards this wraith while he himself was in such a precarious position. One wrong move could cost him his life; his arrogance would not serve him well as things currently stood. "Understood, Mistress."

As they approached the Third, he followed respectfully behind her, and bowed his head as instructed.

Comment

{Third-in-Command}

The Wraith looked up from the controls as he felt the two humans enter the bridge. "What is it?" he asked, irritated to have been taken from his tasks. The weapon system currently needed an overhaul, and though it was a mundane task, aspects could only be dealt with from here. "Be quick, child."

((OOC - You wanna call the Third 'Bart'?))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X