No announcement yet.

How did everyone get into the show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool question... I was actually looking for something scary to watch. I stumbled on Supernatural and remembered seeing the ads for it. Had a look on YouTube at a clip like I usually do for something new, caught sight of Jensen and thought 'hmmm, he looks alright!' lol I rented Season 1 from Blockbusters and was very quickly hooked... oh and totally in love with Dean Winchester/Jensen Ackles!!! After that I rented Season 2 and 3, they didn't have S4 so I bought it, I bough S5 and S6 I'm just about to finish watching online.

I didn't really get the 'scare' I'd been looking for, but I got something 100x better!!!

Comment

I use a treadmill daily and like to have DVDs to watch while walking. I had watched Highlander and X-Files that way. When I was looking for something new, my son suggested Stargate. Since he owns the DVDs for both SG1 and SGA, it was perfect. I enjoyed them from the very beginning.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I use a treadmill daily and like to have DVDs to watch while walking. I had watched Highlander and X-Files that way. When I was looking for something new, my son suggested Stargate. Since he owns the DVDs for both SG1 and SGA, it was perfect. I enjoyed them from the very beginning.
        Ummm...this is a Supernatural thread.
        sigpic

Comment

I watched it from the beginning. It caught my attention because it had the same sort of idea as 'Buffy' with good guys chasing down evil things. The wonderful creepy atmosphere SN generated and how it put a wonderful new twist on some well worn horror cliches got me hooked.

Comment

Just got into it. I happened to come across the BluRays of season 3&4 for $15 at Walmart. Then found season 1 on BluRay for $25 at Walmart (during the summer blowout in Canada, some Wallys had them priced at $15, some at $25, not too sure why the difference!). So thought I'd take the lunge. Finished the first disc and am hooked. Waiting for my son to get back from holidays because I think he will like the show too and we can watch it together.

My only problem is that season 2 was not on sale I guess because it just came out on BluRay and I'm NO paying almost $50 for it! Will have to watch season 1 slowly and keep an eye out for sales. Ironically the DVDs are $19.99 at Wally right now in Canada. Though after getting 3 BluRays there's no way I'm buying any season on DVD.

Okay my other problem is that my 11 year old son will want an old car with "tool" in the trunk just incase he runs into anything "supernatural".
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I was told by Magid, that I would be working with Jared and Jensen at an event, I answered 'okay' he came back with "you know... supernatural" I responded 'uh huh' he laughed, and said "you have nooo idea, do you?" I said "nope".

That did not stop me from working with the boys, and from there I got interested in the show, I am so televisionally challenged
              Under Construction... www.fractured-infinity.com

Comment

I knew about the show for quite some time because some of my friends like it and being curious I tried to watch it on TV but it didn't really catch me.
                A friend even showed me "Yellow Fever". I liked it but it didn't really catch me, teher were too many things I didn't get and which you need to understand this episode.

Also some of the stuff I heard about the fandom wasn't that appealing and so I ignored the show more or less but I recorded some episodes on my DVR.

When I was in Canada for the Creation Stargate Con we went through the city and it was the weekend when "It's a terrible life" aired and two of my friends pointed out, that the building we just came across was the building from the episode and well, I started to become more curious about the show again, even if it was just about two brothers who hunt ghosts and stuff.

So, SGA ended and I wanted something new to watch and on amazon.co.uk the first three seasons of SPN were in a box for little money and so I got into the show, and I liked it a lot, but the point where I really started to LOVE it was the scene at the end of "Nightshifter" where Sam and Dean were escaping.
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

I saw the pilot episode the night it premiered, and have been hooked ever since.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I heard about a new tv show staring Jensen Ackles, and from the beginning I loved the show. I loved the story, I loved the character (both Sam and Dean) and I was hooked .

Comment

I started looking for my sister told me it was really good and she was right!
                      If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

I knew of the show mostly from stars talking about it But this summer little copter jammed up my netflix queue with nothing but TV shows and she thinks Sam is cute and asked me to watch it with her because she knows I love creepy/spooky stuff. We started at the very beginning, and 15 minutes in, we were both hooked, and hooked hard
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X