No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Reality show you love to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does "Dancing with the Stars" count? That's about the only non-scripted show I watch.

From time to time if I get the chance, I like this "Smackdown with Bobby Flay" (he always loses!) and then there's this show where several teams compete to make cakes for a special occasion.(also on Food Network)

While I was home for the holidays I caught some episodes of "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Do people really live like that? LOL

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

None presently on. But one where we ritually execute reality TV stars would quickly become the top contender in my book.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        None presently on. But one where we ritually execute reality TV stars would quickly become the top contender in my book.
        Oh! Can Snookie be first? The one from Jersey Shore, not the one that hangs out here.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

mostly stuff on the history channel.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Does Top Gear count? (the awesome british original, not the american/australian remakes) Because that's the only thing I watch that is remotely close to being a reality show.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Thats because it all staged. Its what reality producers do. They choose the most varied personalities knowing they will clash with one another the show creating drama to gauge people's interest.
              that's the only comfort there
              what's sad about it is that a lot of chefs training currently think this IS the way to behave - of course, the upside to that is getting to shatter that illusion for them
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                Does "Dancing with the Stars" count? That's about the only non-scripted show I watch.IHS
                It sure does That's one I watch, along with So You Think You Can Dance, and American Idol. I started watching Survivor when it began, and stuck with it until about two years ago. Also watched Big Brother US. Oh, and The Mole, until Anderson Cooper went back to his real job on CNN lol
                sigpic

Comment

Face Off - I really hope they do another season of that show. It was so cool to see how they do special effects makeup, and to just see imaginations at work.

Project Runway - Can't help it, I'm not super fashionable, but I love to look at clothes anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

What counts as a reality show?

I watch Whale Wars so does that count?

But I hate X Factor, BB, Jersey shore and The only way is Essex with a burning passion, but the last 2 don't count as they are not truly real.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Thats because it all staged. Its what reality producers do. They choose the most varied personalities knowing they will clash with one another the show creating drama to gauge people's interest.
                      same thing with survivor, which is why I don't watch it. they first cast personalities they know will clash, then perpetrate it by playing 'games' - especially when they get down to the last half dozen - that riles them up and stirs things up...I watched one episode and it was 'how do you think your fellow castaways see you? here, let us show you waht they said', and, of course, the most insulting and aggravating comments were shown.

so manipulated. the show must have a staff of psychologists to advise them.

Heck, Survivor is so manipulated why else do you think they always strand them somewhere warm? so it's a good excuse for them to run around half naked all the time.

i will watch IRT and Deadliest Catch, also River Monsters. I know there's editing and things are often promoted as more than they are 'such as 'omg, the ship might sink', well dude, I know it doesn't. woulda been headline news if it did.....kinda like Phil's death wasn't a surprise since he died while they were filming and it made the national news long before the episode aired

That's why I don't bother with shows like Ghost Hunters or Hunt Bigfoot or whatever...if they really found something when they were taping, it'd have been put on the news. so you know every episode will reveal nothing.

I'll also watch Amazing Race. there is conflict between the people, but it seems far less manufactured and manipulated than on survivor. and you get to see plenty of pretty scenery.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Amazing Race - Love to see all the places they go to as well as how they handle Roadblocks and Detours and laughing when they fail

Jersey Shore - Because its jersey Shore

So You Think You Can Dance - I like to dance so i like watching dancing

Anyting horrible on MTV like 16 and pregnant or My Super Sweet 16th, so i can laugh at the stupidity of some people lol
                        sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

i used to love the amazing race but due to work i kept missing it
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

psst! Go look at CBS.com

I'm kind of falling out of love with The Amazing Race, but I'll be checking it out this year anyway.

Comment

I used to enjoy watching Project Runway.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I love The Amazing Race. It's great to watch how the teams struggle with the challenges in every new country.

I watch Survivor too but it's getting kinda boring because of all the scheming and backstabbing. Plus I hate it when they're always at some tropical island and it rains all the time. I'd love to see Survivor in some really cold place one day. They should come to Lapland during winter and make the castaways survive in a -30c freezing weather
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X