Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that it's actually the same as in the TV show. But I really wouldn't be too surprised to find out the military had something very similar. They always have advanced technology long before the public does. My mom was talking about how she had been watching the news, and they were talking about this new civilian submarine that had all these advances. She was talking about how incredible it was and my grandpa commented that the military had had the exact same submarine for years.

Comment

Part of me hopes it is real... and the other part hopes it is not otherwise we are in big trouble with the wraith/ori/gou'ald out there!

Comment

the goa'uld real?? that is scary

*stocks up on combantrin*

Comment

I know it's real, I'm Italian, but my father worked for it..and me too. You cannot believe me, but it's real.

Comment

If it's real, I would doubt that the Goa'uld are real. The various plots on the show would be made up to throw off the truth which would be much more benign. Also, the real stargate could be in Iraq and the main reason for the war. That would explain Obama's sudden change of policy after being sworn in.

Comment

Believe or not there was a 'Stargate' program. Something to do with 'hush hush' aircraft.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Believe or not there was a 'Stargate' program. Something to do with 'hush hush' aircraft.
                That one is new to me. The Stargate Program I know of was an investigation into psychic phenomenon and their potential use in military applications. It began in the 1970's and up to the 90's when it died a death.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  That one is new to me. The Stargate Program I know of was an investigation into psychic phenomenon and their potential use in military applications. It began in the 1970's and up to the 90's when it died a death.
                  It died a death because the Asgard finally decided to accept that humans really don't have such abilities, as much as they hoped they would and stopped working with the scientists. The military application idea really didn't sit well with the pacifist aliens either.

Naming many projects 'Stargate' was to put people off finding out about the real Stargate program, who knew which one was real and could be taken seriously?!

Comment

I'd like to suspect it's real. It would explain the continuous leaps and bounds in U.S. military tech. Why would they need drones to fight a few impoverished people in the Middle East? They're keeping scout deathgliders out of the sky!

There are also drone bases being built by the US government all around Australia.
                    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-1...nburgh/5317262

We continue to progress faster and in greater leaps and bounds every decade. Could it be that we have a working Stargate program and that we're reaping the benefits of an ongoing war? As well as the funnelling of tons of money into military tech and R&D to help that effort.

Comment

Of course the Stargate program is real. It's the Air Force that doesn't exist...!
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                        there is a park in Colorado Springs (coincidence?) and it got this:

http://www.americathebeautifulpark.com/
                        It's aspirational :>
                        Last edited by Mardus; 06 June 2014, 04:30 PM. Reason: Forgot quote
                        • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                        • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                        • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                          I think we shouldn't be talking about such things so openly.
                          ^this
                          Concur.
                          • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                          • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                          • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Working...
                          X