Temporal Agents in First Contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporal Agents in First Contact?

Would there of been any Temporal Agents involved in First Contact? Would the Borg travelling back in time and trying to change the timeline involve them? Also the same with Star Trek IV.

Also did Cochrane tell how Picard helped him to his predecessors or keep that part of the story secret?
    Last edited by GodAtum; 15 December 2010, 07:04 AM.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

It's possible they were looking over things. From a Time Agent point of view they would be breaking the temporal time directive if they made the Enterprise crew aware of the them so they could have just been watching by the side lines seeing if Picard and team could pull it off.

As for Cochrane, we are told in the Enterprise episode, 'Regeneration' that he may have let the story slip while drunk a couple of times.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

By Temporal Agents do you mean those guys in "Trials and Tribbleations?"

Comment

I would assume he meant like Captain Braxton.

And as to the topic at hand, I suppose it's possible that they were already aware of the incursion as self-correcting, and didn't need to get involved.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

yes and people like Daniels from ENT.
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
            Would there of been any Temporal Agents involved in First Contact? Would the Borg travelling back in time and trying to change the timeline involve them? Also the same with Star Trek IV. Also did Cochrane tell how Picard helped him to his predecessors or keep that part of the story secret?
            If you're asking about time cops from the distant future, I don't think anyone thought that up until after the movie was made. However, taking that into account... The original timeline at the beginning of the movie ceases to exist when the Borg sphere travels back in time. A second timeline comes into existance where the Federation never happened and the Borg dominate Earth. A third timeline is created when the Enterprise goes back in time to repair the past. The third timeline is the same as the original, though there will be some minor differences with the arrival of a Borg ship and the Enterprise plus deaths that should never have happened. From the distant future's point of view, the whole incident would be a non issue given that the Enterprise repaired the past as well as could be expected. If you're wondering about what happened after the Enterprise returned to the 24th century, watch Star Trek: Enterprise 2-23 "Regeneration." The episode deals with fallout from the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I would assume he meant like Captain Braxton.

And as to the topic at hand, I suppose it's possible that they were already aware of the incursion as self-correcting, and didn't need to get involved.
              It could technically be interpreted as a predestination paradox as well as it looked like the Borg sending the signal into the Delta Quadrant in "Regeneration" is what caused them to come to the Alpha Quadrant.

Quotes O'Brien: "I hate temporal mechanics."
              sigpic

Comment

I don't subscribe to that paradox. The way I see it, the past was permanently changed in the movie.

Timeline 1: The Borg and the Enterprise never arrive in the 21st century. In the 24th century, the Borg are merely exploring, looking for new civilizations worthy of assimilation. This is why some Federation and Romulan outposts get scropped up and gobbled up by the cube later seen in "Q Who?"

Timeline 2: After the Borg cube fails to assimilate Earth, a sphere is launched to go back in time and prevent the Federation from ever existing. If you can't assimilate it, erase it from history. Interesting. This results in an alternate timeline where the Federation never happened due to a Borgified Earth.

Timeline 3: A Borg sphere arrives in the 21st century and does some damage, but the Enterprise destroys the ship. Riker's away team repairs the damage to history, and the future is restored. The Enterprise episode "Regeneration" suggests a predestination paradox, but I simply dismiss it as the Borg's reason for seeking out Earth changing from curiosity to following a mysterious signal.

Comment

Working...
                X