Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly Disappointed in the Lack of Physical Human and Alien Interaction

Out of all the things that are getting to me, the alien presence on this show is almost nonexistent. During the episode "Resurgence", there were some quick flashbacks. However, when it came to relying messages, ship to ship, the production department didn't show us the aliens working on their ship. Instead of getting quick replays of chirps, they could have at least shown the aliens communicating. We also didn't get to see their attackers.

During one of season one's episodes, the aliens just sat at a distance shooting. While Young was going through the simulation in "Trial and Error", we also didn't get to see the blue aliens.

Has anyone else found it to be a slight downer?
    Last edited by Dr. Carter; 12 December 2010, 01:59 PM.

No.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

The CGI or prosethics for those cost extra money
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The CGI or prosethics for those cost extra money
        I though they spent more on this series than any other in the franchise?

Comment

Nope. I've been liking the level of interaction in this series.

I also disagree with this:
          the alien presence on this show is almost nonexistent.
          The alien presence is there, it's just not the 'friendly - humanlike alien' presence we usually get. Why should they interact with us?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carter View Post
            they do but the battle scenes and the seed ship costed a lot i'm sure
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

That doesn't change the expense of such a process
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

theres been some alien interaction, but not as much (or even close) the the amount in other shows. i wish they would find an alien group to be allies with, so that way we get more interaction between them.
                sigpic

Comment

While Young was going through the simulation in "Trial and Error", we also didn't get to see the blue aliens.
                  Yes we did. He was shot by one after Scott beat him up.

Comment

Out of all the things that are getting to me, the alien presence on this show is almost nonexistent. During the episode "Resurgence", there were some quick flashbacks. However, when it came to relying messages, ship to ship, the production department didn't show us the aliens working on their ship. Instead of getting quick replays of chirps, they could have at least shown the aliens communicating. We also didn't get to see their attackers.

During one of season one's episodes, the aliens just sat at a distance shooting. While Young was going through the simulation in "Trial and Error", we also didn't get to see the blue aliens.

Has anyone else found it to be a slight downer?
                    Most Of the "Alien" interaction in past SG series was with Humans (Or Humans with snakes in their heads) on other worlds. Even with the Wrairh (Still pretty Human looking) in SGA it was mostly Human/Human form.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think short but sweet sums it up for me. We may have less alien interactions than the other two shows but that they're actual aliens more than makes up for it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Most Of the "Alien" interaction in past SG series was with Humans (Or Humans with snakes in their heads) on other worlds. Even with the Wrairh (Still pretty Human looking) in SGA it was mostly Human/Human form.
                        Agreed. The only times it wasn't was
                        A) SG1 with the Retoo (those phasing aliens), the Reol (that shapeshifter who befriended oneill in the 5th man) and those wasp thinggies.
                        B) SGA with the iratus bug and the whales...

Comment

I tihnk if we help the Ursini destroy those drones then we may possibly get a new ally in that galaxy, but I guess we'll have ot wait & see until the Deliverence airs. . .

Comment

Or longer.

Comment

Working...
                            X